Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Universalism, a biblical alternative view......

Universalism, a biblical alternative view......

For universal salvation to be true, God has to do things on a world wide scale, and sin has to be removed; that is done! 2 Corinth. 5:19, " To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the WORLD unto himself, not imputing their sins against them." I mean, my goodness, what more do you want from scripture that reveals God saving a World, not even counting our sins against us. The Christians are counting, but they don't matter to this world salvation. Only what God and Christ did matters. And they matter for you. They are for you, not against you.

Amen,

Eschatology-wise, the alternative views of 'conditional immortality' or 'universalism' trump over ECT in many ways,...although some still find problems with these two alternatives on certain points.

See:

The Salvation Conspiracy: How 'Hell' became eternal

There is also some support that Universalism was the prevailing view during the first 500 years of church history. One can research those claims here.

way 2 go

You know what I think , in the parable of the prodical son, the father was symbolic of God, the prodical son symbolic of the world of sinners, and Christianity is symbolic of the brother who stayed home with his father. When the prodical son came to himself and went home, the Father was glad and held a dinner party. The brother was mad and envious of this and acted as if he did not want the father to forgive.

This is how Christianity is treating the world of those who reject Christ.

and as always your wrong

BTW was not quoting the prodigal son parable

Mickiel

Amen,

Eschatology-wise, the alternative views of 'conditional immortality' or 'universalism' trump over ECT in many ways,...although some still find problems with these two alternatives on certain points.

See:

The Salvation Conspiracy: How 'Hell' became eternal

There is also some support that Universalism was the prevailing view during the first 500 years of church history. One can research those claims here.

Well I think that universalism was the " First Love" the church lost that Christ spoke of in Rev. 2:4. Jesus said " They left it", and that early church era left a lot of ways behind they used to believe in, as they morphed into what we see now years later. If you look closely at the 7 churches in Rev.2nd through 3rd chapters, Jesus had things against a lot of them; and these are churches of God. He kept saying, " I have a few things against you", Rev. 2:4, 14, 20, and then in Rev. 3:20, Jesus is saying " To his church', " Behold I stand at the door and knock", he is now on the outside of his church! These are the real conditions the church is in, mainly because of distorted doctrines like eternal hell.

way 2 go

Amen,

See:
The Salvation Conspiracy: How 'Hell' became eternal[/URL]

There is also some support that Universalism was the prevailing view during the first 500 years of church history. One can research those claims .

Once you leave the bible behind and truth does not matter
you can come up with all kinds of strange ideas.
many are expressed here at TOL

Mickiel

Here's a strange Idea, all the sins of humanity have been forgiven, 1 John 1:7, 1 John 2:2. With all sin forgiven, all can be saved; nothing in the way except the believers who are hung up on sin.

Dialogos

I disagree with your explination, the text shows God making a Holy vow " By himself", or God swearing by God, that to him all humans will bow and confess to him; which is conversion in my book. Every knee means every human will submit to God;

but I already know how Christianity is, so I hold no interest in trying to convince this great promise of God; I understand that Christians are set not to see the salvation of all, they must see failure.

I see, in other words, you already have your mind made up and don't really care what the bible actually says, only what you can twist it to say.

:wave2:

Mickiel

I see, in other words, you already have your mind made up and don't really care what the bible actually says, only what you can twist it to say.

:wave2:

Let me twist on this scripture a bit more, it cancels out hell; 1 John 2:2, " And he is the propitiation for our sins, (" our " there means believers), and NOT ours only, but also for the sins of the world, ( or unbelievers). Here there are clearly two separate groups of humans forgiven, believers and unbelievers; a stunning scripture of universal salvation and no need for the Christian hell.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have no obligation to Christianity.

So I guess you reject the teachings of Paul who said, "Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." (Romans 8:9 NKJV)

A Christian is a person who has the Spirit of Christ.

Peter said, "Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter." (1 Peter 4:16 NKJV)

If you are not a Christian that's fine, it just suggests that God has not called you. If he wants you he will call you.

Mickiel

So I guess you reject the teachings of Paul who said, "Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." (Romans 8:9 NKJV)

A Christian is a person who has the Spirit of Christ.

Peter said, "Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter." (1 Peter 4:16 NKJV)

If you are not a Christian that's fine, it just suggests that God has not called you. If he wants you he will call you.

If you think the calling of God is limited to Christians, then Jesus statement that he came not to CALL the righteous, but CALL the sinners to repentance, must be removed from the bible. You think that way because your religion has taught you selfish principles; you dare equate the calling of God to mean Christianity only.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If you think the calling of God is limited to Christians, then Jesus statement that he came not to CALL the righteous, but CALL the sinners to repentance, must be removed from the bible. You think that way because your religion has taught you selfish principles; you dare equate the calling of God to mean Christianity only.

Christ is calling all sinners and unbelievers. Which one are you ?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Do the research..............

Do the research..............

Its not leaving the Bible behind, but respecting its contents. You'd need to read the articles to be properly educated, until then you cant really comment or contest the information provided. Or if you refuse to study all the supports for 'universal salvation' that are readily available, then you cannot properly consider the possibility of its truth, so are stuck in a state of 'ignorance'. That's an unfortunate place to be, especially when it can be helped.

See: Beyond the “Hell” Issue: Universalism as a Comprehensive View of Spiritual Reality - by Eric Stetson

Mickiel

Christ is calling all sinners and unbelievers. Which one are you ?

He will call them all, but not all yet; in time. I am a sinner, but a believer. In 2Pet. 3:9 God is not slack to bring us all to repentance, he is just not ready for that yet;, its men who are counting slackness in salvation now; God is not willing that any perish, but ALL come to repentance; God desires ALL, everyone! And that is what I scream. I see the glory in all being led to repent; the sheer greatness of it. And THAT is how God is!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Do you attend Lakewood Church? Given your universalism, evangelism's only intent must be to save folks from temporal angst and hardship. Better everyone get on board and prosper now versus at the end of their lives, no?

AMR

Mickiel

Do you attend Lakewood Church? Given your universalism, evangelism's only intent must be to save folks from temporal angst and hardship. Better everyone get on board and prosper now versus at the end of their lives, no?

AMR

I am not a Universalist, but I agree with Universal salvation. I do not attend any church, there are none I agree with that I know of. I am not into evangelism, the Holy Spirit needs no help in that. And it does not matter when people wake up, now or later; their destiny is to be awakened.

Mickiel

Eternal human suffering in this so called hell is part of the devils work; I am accused of twisting the scriptures because I have found the life of all of humanity in them. Really its the devil who has twisted the bible and squezzed this eternal suffering out of it. In 1 John 3:8 Jesus purpose is to destroy the works of the devil, and the devil is working on God's churches inside out.

This hell doctrine will be destroyed, this limited gospel will be exposed, and the Great gospel of truth will prevail. We all make it; I know its hard to believe, but IF you just really knew how God and Christ is, you would believe it. They are VERY loving and supportive of our future; they WANT us with them in eternity; ALL of us! When one sheep was lost, the good sheppard left the flock and went and found that sheep; Christ IS the good sheppard, he will NOT loose any of us! Don't you believe that about God; his saving hand is not short; his heart is completely in Love with us; he loves us so much, he just can't help himself.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

AMR

Eternal human suffering in this so called hell is part of the devils work; I am accused of twisting the scriptures

Is this your answer to my post? :idunno:

AMR

way 2 go

Here's a strange Idea, all the sins of humanity have been forgiven, 1 John 1:7, 1 John 2:2. With all sin forgiven, all can be saved; nothing in the way except the believers who are hung up on sin.

here is an antidote to your lies

Luk 19:27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.'"

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not a Universalist, but I agree with Universal salvation. I do not attend any church, there are none I agree with that I know of. I am not into evangelism, the Holy Spirit needs no help in that. And it does not matter when people wake up, now or later; their destiny is to be awakened.

Sigh. Explains your heterodoxies. Below the fold you go.

AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.