Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

Hell is a Christian hoax;

http://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html

Or one could say a Christian " Hope", its as if they hope unbelievers are going to their wasteland. You know, the place for human garbage that Jesus could not cleanse by his death. You know, that place of pain and misery that has no time;

For not believing in God for seventy years of being a human, you get sentenced to; 674,000 years of roasting
plus 788,000 years of toasting
plus 996,432 years of standing up in fire without shoes
plus 6 million more years of misery
plus 12 trillion more years of the greatest suffering ever conceived
plus 999,999,888 quadrillion more years of hurt
And then it just starts all over again, in an endless cycle of horror personified!

And you believe this?

What's wrong with you?

Mickiel

Does the whole world have a chance to be saved, or is religion correct in teaching that it does not? Is God mister nice guy with world salvation in mind, or does religion represent him in their hell message when they preach and scream limited atonement?

Hey, again it falls on Jesus; what did he really do? Well read John 1:29 again, and think like God- a world view; " Behold the Lamb of God, who TAKES away the sins OF THE WORLD!"

You can't condemn anyone in a sinless world! Hey, this is how Christ and God view this. They have done away with all the reasons these short sighted believers are listing as reasons to exclude you from the Kingdom of God.

Face it, God is bigger than religion.

Mickiel

There are many messages being given at this website and others, beaming all over the world. Believers and unbelievers expressing what they think. You know what I think; I think that God was inside of Christ, reconciling the whole world unto himself, both believers and unbelievers. I think that Jesus and God are NOT imputing the worlds sins to them; that they have actually forgiven and dismissed ALL sin, and they have committed this wonderful message to those believers who can see and trust in it.

Now, IF you think I am crazy or stupid of scripture, simply read 2 Corinth. 5:19, it states exactly what I have just stated.

Look at it. Chew it over; and then understand just how GREAT God and Christ are!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
'Classical Hell' was designed by the Catholic Church to scare the hell out of people to adhere to them.

It still remained with Protestants in the Late Ages, and remnants of the belief is still traditionally rooted in a lot of churches.

But
That doesn't mean that Hell does not exist. Hell is a very orthodox belief, and it is probably a place commensurate to one's own sins and deservedness- just as saints will receive greater rewards in Heaven than other saints, so too will the wicked receive greater punishment than others.

Apple7

There are many messages being given at this website and others, beaming all over the world. Believers and unbelievers expressing what they think. You know what I think; I think that God was inside of Christ, reconciling the whole world unto himself, both believers and unbelievers. I think that Jesus and God are NOT imputing the worlds sins to them; that they have actually forgiven and dismissed ALL sin, and they have committed this wonderful message to those believers who can see and trust in it.

Now, IF you think I am crazy or stupid of scripture, simply read 2 Corinth. 5:19, it states exactly what I have just stated.

Look at it. Chew it over; and then understand just how GREAT God and Christ are!

We don't 'think'...we 'know'....

If only the Holy Bible was meant to be read one out-of-context-passage-at-a-time, like you like to read it....but it never was....it was written in context....and you willfully ignore that context time after ignorant time.

Taking verses out of context is what simpleton cults do....since they cannot digest more than one-liners.

Prizebeatz1

'Classical Hell' was designed by the Catholic Church to scare the hell out of people to adhere to them.

It still remained with Protestants in the Late Ages, and remnants of the belief is still traditionally rooted in a lot of churches.

But
That doesn't mean that Hell does not exist. Hell is a very orthodox belief, and it is probably a place commensurate to one's own sins and deservedness- just as saints will receive greater rewards in Heaven than other saints, so too will the wicked receive greater punishment than others.

You could be right. From my experience though, hell is not possible because it implies we can somehow be separate from God, yet God is everywhere. Now that does not mean evil doesn't exist. That's a little different from being disconnected though. Hell is real only to the personality. The stronger one's attachment to the personality the more real hell appears to be. Lucky for us the personality is not our true identity. We don't have to die to come to this realization. In fact we have to be alive.

Mickiel

But

Hell in the bible is simply the grave; explain to me how a hole in the ground is biblically commensurate to anyone's sins and what they deserve? We all will be " Punished again" for our sins, because sin is punishing humanity now. The question is, why would God punish us more than what sin is already doing to us now? Why should we live all our lives in sin, a type of punishment, then face a greater punishment from our maker, for not standing up to sin that well? This insults the integrity of God in my view. It protends that he is more vengeful than man.

There is no Christian hell in the bible, the hell the Catholics designed does not exist in the original texts of the bible;

http://www.thehypertexts.com/How many tines is hell mentioned in the Bible.htm

It only exist in the vanishing common sense of some of the believers in God.

Mickiel

We don't 'think'...we 'know'....

If only the Holy Bible was meant to be read one out-of-context-passage-at-a-time, like you like to read it....but it never was....it was written in context....and you willfully ignore that context time after ignorant time.

Taking verses out of context is what simpleton cults do....since they cannot digest more than one-liners.

I have given well over 600 scriptures in this thread. You must think I am a very talented twisted man, to be able to twist that many scriptures, and the 400 more I will give. I give my views and opinions, but buddy I dwell in the word of God and I push out scriptures in this thread more than you push your insults; and that's a lot.

Aimiel

Muslims use Scriptures, as do many other cults. You aren't any more right than they are. You are anti- Christ, just like other cultists. Raving and posting half-truths cherry-picking' Scriptures is not going anywhere. Repent and be converted to life.

Apple7

I have given well over 600 scriptures in this thread.

Can I have your autograph...?

You must think I am a very talented twisted man, to be able to twist that many scriptures, and the 400 more I will give. I give my views and opinions, but buddy I dwell in the word of God and I push out scriptures in this thread more than you push your insults; and that's a lot.

I'm still waiting for you to defend 'any' one of them.

But...carry on.....remember you are on a mission...you absolutely MUST keep posting scripture...

Mickiel

Muslims use Scriptures, as do many other cults. You aren't any more right than they are. You are anti- Christ, just like other cultists. Raving and posting half-truths cherry-picking' Scriptures is not going anywhere. Repent and be converted to life.

I admire anyone who uses scripture , the bible is not the sword of Christianity, its the word of God. So when Christians cut off my head, I know its not God who crucifies me ; its just his misguided servants. In Heb.4:12 the word of God is quick and powerful, sharper than any two edged sword, I use that sword to announce the salvation of all of mankind, and to cut the limited message of hell into. I don't use it to cut people and condemn them. I know I will be persecuted for standing on the word of God and standing for its message of Salvation, but I have a small amount of wisdom;

Wisdom is simply " Knowing how it is." I know that some believers in God will look to slay me with their judgment; but though you slay me, I yet trust in the God of all salvation.

And that's just how it is.

Mickiel

But...carry on.....remember you are on a mission...you absolutely MUST keep posting scripture...

Oh yes, I must. There remains no rest for me in that area, I must; I mean I have too. There's way too much mess being passed off as the truth. Its like a great thing inside of me, and I can't hold my peace. I have been exposed to the word of God; I have seen Jesus again and again forgive people, even sick people; Matt. 9:2.

And man is sick, his whole head is sick and his heart faint; from the sole of his feet to his head, there is no soundness in him. But there is good news for all of mankind; God sent his Son here to save the world, and no group of hell hounds can stop that. As they bark the condemnation of unbelievers, I announce that Jesus is their propitiation for ALL their sins, and I bark their complete forgiveness and salvation. And I tell you unbelievers that Grace and Mercy and Longsuffering, that's how God is! I mean its him! He IS Kindness and Love, he is everything you will need to survive this world and evil. Everything you need to survive the anti judgment of the brothers of the prodical son; the believers who stayed home with their father, but do not want the Father to welcome home the wayward brother.

Apple7

Oh yes, I must. There remains no rest for me in that area, I must; I mean I have too. There's way too much mess being passed off as the truth. Its like a great thing inside of me, and I can't hold my peace. I have been exposed to the word of God; I have seen Jesus again and again forgive people, even sick people; Matt. 9:2.

And man is sick, his whole head is sick and his heart faint; from the sole of his feet to his head, there is no soundness in him. But there is good news for all of mankind; God sent his Son here to save the world, and no group of hell hounds can stop that. As they bark the condemnation of unbelievers, I announce that Jesus is their propitiation for ALL their sins, and I bark their complete forgiveness and salvation. And I tell you unbelievers that Grace and Mercy and Longsuffering, that's how God is! I mean its him! He IS Kindness and Love, he is everything you will need to survive this world and evil. Everything you need to survive the anti judgment of the brothers of the prodical son; the believers who stayed home with their father, but do not want the Father to welcome home the wayward brother.

All 600 verses that you slavishly posted rebuke you.

csuguy

It does not make sense to me, if a human rejects God and lives that way for 70 years, what kind of legal or fair justice would then punish that human for an eternity; the punishment does not fit the crime, and it does not match the reputation of God.

Some try to maintain that hell is simply a place where unrepentant sinners are put for eternity to suffer. However, this isn't what scripture teaches. The scriptures refer to being cast into hell as the second death, and speaks of the body and soul being destroyed. Scripture speaks of death being the last enemy to be destroyed, and this is presented in Revelations as an actual entity that is cast into hell. So hell = destruction, death. Not an eternal life of torment.

Mickiel

All 600 verses that you slavishly posted rebuke you.

I am not surprised that you fight against the scripture I post, I know part of the meaning of Jesus in Luke 21:10, " For nation will rise against, and " Kingdom against Kingdom."

Notice then " Kingdom against Kingdom." Who would think that the Kingdom of God would fight against the Kingdom of God? This means believers in God fighting against the Gospel of the Kingdom. Believers fighting against the salvation of unbelievers. It means much more than human kingdoms fighting against each other, it also covers the violence of Kingdom believers fighting against the doors of the Kingdom being open to all mankind.

Similar to satan fighting against satan; the Kingdom of God suffers violence, not from unbelievers so much, but from believers! They take the Kingdom by the violence of their sheer selfishness and doctrines of demons. Kingdom fighting against Kingdom, believers fighting against other believers; the ones who accept eternal hell punishing fighting against those believers who don't.

We see this playing out right here and now!

Live and in color.

Mickiel

Some try to maintain that hell is simply a place where unrepentant sinners are put for eternity to suffer. However, this isn't what scripture teaches. The scriptures refer to being cast into hell as the second death, and speaks of the body and soul being destroyed. Scripture speaks of death being the last enemy to be destroyed, and this is presented in Revelations as an actual entity that is cast into hell. So hell = destruction, death. Not an eternal life of torment.

I agree there is no eternal life of torment, I disagree that any humans body and soul, or Consciousness, are both ever destroyed at the same time. The scriptures speak of the possibility of that, but I have never seen a scripture that shows both destroyed. I would like to see it though; if you don't mind.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I am not surprised that you fight against the scripture I post, I know part of the meaning of Jesus in Luke 21:10, " For nation will rise against, and " Kingdom against Kingdom."

Notice then " Kingdom against Kingdom." Who would think that the Kingdom of God would fight against the Kingdom of God? This means believers in God fighting against the Gospel of the Kingdom. Believers fighting against the salvation of unbelievers. It means much more than human kingdoms fighting against each other, it also covers the violence of Kingdom believers fighting against the doors of the Kingdom being open to all mankind.

Similar to satan fighting against satan; the Kingdom of God suffers violence, not from unbelievers so much, but from believers! They take the Kingdom by the violence of their sheer selfishness and doctrines of demons. Kingdom fighting against Kingdom, believers fighting against other believers; the ones who accept eternal hell punishing fighting against those believers who don't.

We see this playing out right here and now!

Live and in color.

It has become quite clear that you choose to 'read your own meaning' into scripture and world history, I'm sure that poses problems in your everyday life as well. You seem to TRY to intuit things that are not written. The sooner you accept the Holy Bible for exactly what it says, the better for you.

csuguy

I agree there is no eternal life of torment, I disagree that any humans body and soul, or Consciousness, are both ever destroyed at the same time. The scriptures speak of the possibility of that, but I have never seen a scripture that shows both destroyed. I would like to see it though; if you don't mind.

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

While in the strictest literary rendering of this verse one can argue that it does not say that one's body and soul will be destroyed if cast into hell, but only has the potential to be destroyed - the intended spirit of the message is clear. Fear God who, if you continually rebel against him and refuse to repent, then you will be sent to hell and completely destroyed.

Furthermore, one who maintains that they are not destroyed needs to establish that these individuals have eternal life. But this doesn't make sense, since eternal life is the reward given to those who do good and seek God's will.

Mickiel

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

While in the strictest literary rendering of this verse one can argue that it does not say that one's body and soul will be destroyed if cast into hell, but only has the potential to be destroyed - the intended spirit of the message is clear. Fear God who, if you continually rebel against him and refuse to repent, then you will be sent to hell and completely destroyed.

Furthermore, one who maintains that they are not destroyed needs to establish that these individuals have eternal life. But this doesn't make sense, since eternal life is the reward given to those who do good and seek God's will.

Well I disagree, a human body and soul can be put into the lake of , I think their physical body will be punished and destroyed, but I think their consciousness, which is the image of God, will survive add though some of their works may be lost, they still will be saved. I Corinth. 3:15 " A mans work shall be lost, burned in the fire, he shall suffer lost, but he himself shall be Saved BY the fire."

So the fire has many options and uses; It can destroy the human body, it can destroy human works, so its a destructive fire for sure, but it save the person thrown in. Look at the diverse functions here in this fire! The Consciousness can survive and be cleaned by the fire, and thus change the human who is thrown in.

csuguy

Well I disagree, a human body and soul can be put into the lake of , I think their physical body will be punished and destroyed, but I think their consciousness, which is the image of God, will survive add though some of their works may be lost, they still will be saved. I Corinth. 3:15 " A mans work shall be lost, burned in the fire, he shall suffer lost, but he himself shall be Saved BY the fire."

So the fire has many options and uses; It can destroy the human body, it can destroy human works, so its a destructive fire for sure, but it save the person thrown in. Look at the diverse functions here in this fire! The Consciousness can survive and be cleaned by the fire, and thus change the human who is thrown in.

Scripture never asserts the soul is immortal and immune to destruction - you are reading your own ideas into scripture. The result is a contradiction, and you ask questions like "why would God need a hell?" If you sought to understand the scriptural teaching on the subject rather than how you can bend the scriptures to match pre-concieved notions, there would be no contradiction.

Furthermore, the passage in question is clear what hell signifies: destruction of body and soul. Other passages speak of hell as the second death. Never does it speak of hell as a mere cleansing or some such thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.