Why Some Are Hell Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Himself maybe but where do you get the idea he had anything to do with me?

Adam's choice yielded six millennial days for humanity to be subject to Satan's influence. The only way to know good and evil is to experience good and evil. Evil has a penalty and is not good.

However, God has the prerogative to impart his Spirit to anyone he chooses. His Spirit is a Spirit of power by which we are able to overcome Satan's influences, the power to resist him. If we resist him he will flee from us.

Satan appeals to the flesh to pursue and enjoy fleshly desires.

Paul explained, "For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live." (Romans 8:13).

Satan is the ruler of this present evil age, but we don't have to participate with the world and its pleasures.

By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt for he looked to the reward. (Hebrews 11:24-26)​

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Adam's choice yielded six millennial days for humanity to be subject to Satan's influence. The only way to know good and evil is to experience good and evil. Evil has a penalty and is not good.

However, God has the prerogative to impart his Spirit to anyone he chooses. His Spirit is a Spirit of power by which we are able to overcome Satan's influences, the power to resist him. If we resist him he will flee from us.

Satan appeals to the flesh to pursue and enjoy fleshly desires.

Paul explained, "For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live." (Romans 8:13).

Satan is the ruler of this present evil age, but we don't have to participate with the world and its pleasures.

By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt for he looked to the reward. (Hebrews 11:24-26)​

That's not what I asked.

How did Adam yield me too Satan?

Greek2Me

One man told his friend, "We fired our previous pastor for preaching that we would go to hell if we didn't accept Christ." The friend asked, "What does the new pastor preach?" The first man replied, "He also preaches that we will go to hell if we don't accept Christ."
"So are you going to fire him too?"
"No, I don't believe we will."
"But why not, if he tells you the same thing as the former one did?"
"Because when the first one said it, he sounded GLAD about it, like he was looking FORWARD to seeing it. This man preaches like he is heartbroken over it, and would do anything to avert it!"

Maybe we could speak to one another, regardless of our differences, in terms that might incline one to draw closer to Christ and one another, rather than name calling and insults that can only drive us apart? Just sayin...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You said it was because Adam yielded me to it.

That's not what I said. In post 146 I said, "Adam's choice yielded six millennial days for humanity to be subject to Satan's influence. The only way to know good and evil is to experience good and evil. Evil has a penalty and is not good."

Did Adam yield you personally to Satan's influence? Probably not, I'm not sure Adam even knew you on a personal level. Do you recall meeting him?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
That's not what I said. In post 146 I said, "Adam's choice yielded six millennial days for humanity to be subject to Satan's influence. The only way to know good and evil is to experience good and evil. Evil has a penalty and is not good."

Did Adam yield you personally to Satan's influence? Probably not, I'm not sure Adam even knew you on a personal level. Do you recall meeting him?

Stop lying Jamie.....

Originally Posted by jamie
Adam yielded himself and his progeny to Satan rather than to God.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
That's not what I said. In post 146 I said, "Adam's choice yielded six millennial days for humanity to be subject to Satan's influence.

I don't see a 6 day limit here...

Genesis 3:17

“And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;”

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
One man told his friend, "We fired our previous pastor for preaching that we would go to hell if we didn't accept Christ." The friend asked, "What does the new pastor preach?" The first man replied, "He also preaches that we will go to hell if we don't accept Christ."
"So are you going to fire him too?"
"No, I don't believe we will."
"But why not, if he tells you the same thing as the former one did?"
"Because when the first one said it, he sounded GLAD about it, like he was looking FORWARD to seeing it. This man preaches like he is heartbroken over it, and would do anything to avert it!"

Maybe we could speak to one another, regardless of our differences, in terms that might incline one to draw closer to Christ and one another, rather than name calling and insults that can only drive us apart? Just sayin...
Good Post

fishrovmen

Robert,
Why is this not a pleasant subject if you believe that God doesn't send people to hell, and that people send themselves there?
Are you trying to encourage or help them get there?
If not, are you messing with their "free will" to try and stop them from going where they want to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.