Why Some Are Hell Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Who is the King you are referring to?

The King is the Anointed One of Israel, her King.

Joseph was thirty years old when he was made a ruler in Egypt.

Jesus was thirty years ole when he was made a ruler in Israel.

I know, it's just a similarity, I guess things happen that way.

Bard_the_Bowman

The King is the Anointed One of Israel, her King.

Joseph was thirty years old when he was made a ruler in Egypt.

Jesus was thirty years ole when he was made a ruler in Israel.

I know, it's just a similarity, I guess things happen that way.

Hey Jamie.

So Jesus is the King you are referring to?

Ok.

How was He made a ruler in Israel? I think that I am unclear about that.

Thanks.

Bard_the_Bowman

He was anointed by the Father through the form of a dove when he was thirty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3usXFCh56iA

Ok.

I'm not sure that was an "anointing" but I agree that it was the beginning of Jesus' public ministry to Israel.

But really, very few recognized Him as a ruler in Israel, right?

I mean, the Romans didn't. The Jews didn't. Most people, I think, didn't based on what I've read about His life in the Gospels.

Peace.

popsthebuilder

Hey Jamie.

So Jesus is the King you are referring to?

Ok.

How was He made a ruler in Israel? I think that I am unclear about that.

Thanks.
Matthew: 2. 2. Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Matthew: 27. 11. And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.

Matthew: 27. 29. And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!

Matthew: 27. 37. And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

There are many more references in scripture.
Ok.

I'm not sure that was an "anointing" but I agree that it was the beginning of Jesus' public ministry to Israel.

I mean, the Romans didn't. The Jews didn't. Most people, I think, didn't based on what I've read about His life in the Gospels.

Peace.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The Greek word "chrisma" means the oil used in anointing and consequently, the Greek word "christos" means "the anointed one". This of course is the Greek word used in the New Testament for Jesus, the anointed one which is in turn a translation of the Hebrew "messiah".

https://www.bing.com/search?q=greek...q=greek+anointing&cc=US&setlang=en-US&PC=LCTS

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The Christ can't take office until Satan's contract expires and he is relieved of duty.

Bard_the_Bowman

Matthew: 2. 2. Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Hey pops,

And our paths cross again.:thumb:

Please don't misunderstand what I said earlier. I don't deny that Jesus is the King of kings. I don't deny that some people recognized Him.

You bring up that Magi (and by extension the shepherds, etc.). Good point. But I just don't think that most people recognized that.

Jesus disappeared into Egypt and then into Nazareth for most of His time on earth. I don't think there is much evidence that people recognized Him as a ruler of Israel during those times.

Matthew: 27. 11. And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.

I agree. But again, He wasn't recognized as King. Or the governor wouldn't have had to even ask the question maybe.

Matthew: 27. 29. And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!

It is quite ironic that the soldiers mocked the King of all kings. Little did they know that He really was the King.

But their mocking of Him doesn't count as recognizing that He was the King. They were mocking Him.

Matthew: 27. 37. And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

There are many more references in scripture.

Isn't it true that most people saw Jesus as a threat or a great teacher or rabbi, but not really a ruler in Israel at that time?

Thanks.

popsthebuilder

Hey pops,

Please don't misunderstand what I said earlier. I don't deny that Jesus is the King of kings. I don't deny that some people recognized Him.

You bring up that Magi (and by extension the shepherds, etc.). Good point. But I just don't think that most people recognized that.

Jesus disappeared into Egypt and then into Nazareth for most of His time on earth. I don't think there is much evidence that people recognized Him as a ruler of Israel during those times.

I agree. But again, He wasn't recognized as King. Or the governor wouldn't have had to even ask the question maybe.

It is quite ironic that the soldiers mocked the King of all kings. Little did they know that He really was the King.

But their mocking of Him doesn't count as recognizing that He was the King. They were mocking Him.

Isn't it true that most people saw Jesus as a threat or a great teacher or rabbi, but not really a ruler in Israel at that time?

Thanks.
We are in agreement to some extent. If the Magi were of foreign descent and they knew of Him as their own writings profess, and then perhaps it is safe to say that all knew of Him in some form but only the truly wise and the utterly humble recognized the extent of the truth of the matter.

I was trying to say we are in agreement. I had mistaken your post for something it was not.

peace friend

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Bard_the_Bowman

We are in agreement to some extent. If the Magi were of foreign descent and they knew of Him as their own writings profess, and then perhaps it is safe to say that all knew of Him in some form but only the truly wise and the utterly humble recognized the extent of the truth of the matter.

Well said above.

I was trying to say we are in agreement. I had mistaken your post for something it was not.

peace friend

And to you.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hey pops,

Thanks.

Yes.

Scripture records Pilate knew not just thought they had delivered him for envy.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think Christ has already taken office as King of all kings.

OK, we'll move on. In Eden there were lots of trees the fruit of which was good for food, but there was one tree God put off-limits.

Why?

The fruit of that tree is deadly.

Also, in Eden was the symbolic tree of live, the Ten Commandments.

In spite of God's instructions Eve was deceived and partook of the fruit forbidden to them.

Adam was not deceived, he simply chose to disobey.

Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness? (Romans 6:16)​

Adam yielded himself and his progeny to Satan rather than to God.

God gave humans six days to labor and do their work. We know that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day.

Humans were given six millennial days to work and to be subject to Satan's influence. But the seventh millennial day is the Sabbath. Satan will not work during the millennial Sabbath, he will be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.