why own a gun?

brother Willi

Originally posted by Nineveh

You said, "protect, YES. with a weapon, NOPE."

I asked, "How might you protect your family against an armed villian unarmed?"

You "answered", " when does Jesus teach you your enemies life is yours to take? your enemies life belongs to God."

Either your "protection" is simply standing by to watch the slaughter, or you believe an evil man has the "right" to take your family's lives while you don't have the right to stop the evil.

Out of curiosity...

If you saw another man's wife being murdered, would you stop it? If yes, How far would you go to stop it?
i would do my best to stop harm from coming to anyone.

if the "weapon" is used to kill, then the question remains

" when does Jesus teach you your enemies life is yours to take? your enemies life belongs to God."

if you "knock out" the bad guy, then he is no longer a danger.

but still alive.

talkin and askin is a great way to learn

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by brother Willi

i would do my best to stop harm from coming to anyone.

if the "weapon" is used to kill, then the question remains

" when does Jesus teach you your enemies life is yours to take? your enemies life belongs to God."

Yes, the question remains, how far would you go to stop the evil man from murdering your neighbor's wife?

if you "knock out" the bad guy, then he is no longer a danger.

but still alive.

You missed. Now he is going to murder her and you. What now?

brother Willi

Originally posted by Crow

Did you answer my question yet? Did those verses endorse a prison system?

what was the punishment for murder given to Cain?
banishment.not death

hard to banish a person in the world today without jail of sometype.

so yes, i believe JAIL, is Biblical in the sense that banishment is.

whats your thoughts

brother Willi

Originally posted by Nineveh

Yes, the question remains, how far would you go to stop the evil man from murdering your neighbor's wife?

You missed. Now he is going to murder her and you. What now?

you tell me

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She's asking what you would do, brother Willi. Or, what do you think is the right thing to do in that situation?

Crow

what was the punishment for murder given to Cain?
banishment.not death

hard to banish a person in the world today without jail of sometype.

so yes, i believe JAIL, is Biblical in the sense that banishment is.

whats your thoughts

My thoughts are that you have stated your opinion, and shown us no biblical support for it. Banishment and jail are 2 different things.

brother Willi

Originally posted by Turbo

She's asking what you would do, brother Willi. Or, what do you think is the right thing to do in that situation?

tell me what you want me to do.:D

then i can tell you if i can

brother Willi

My thoughts are that you have stated your opinion, and shown us no biblical support for it. Banishment and jail are 2 different things.
lets start a new thread.

please if you could Crow, ive been starting many

please lets talk

Crow

Brother Willie, I see no need or gain to be had by starting a new thread for a person who is not intellectually honest enough to answer direct questions, but yet demands that others answer his.

brother Willi

Brother Willie, I see no need or gain to be had by starting a new thread for a person who is not intellectually honest enough to answer direct questions, but yet demands that others answer his.
when do i demand you answer mine?

Crow

You demand that of nurmerous people who have tried to debate you. And I'm not going to waste time posting links, as BB and I did before. Remember how you reacted, bW? The others who read this know that which I speak of.

brother Willi

You demand that of nurmerous people who have tried to debate you. And I'm not going to waste time posting links, as BB and I did before. Remember how you reacted, bW? The others who read this know that which I speak of.
the drug threads???

think crow think

what were the drug threads???

Nineveh

Merely Christian

tell me what you want me to do.:D

then i can tell you if i can

If your neighbor's wife was about to be murdered, how far would you go to stop the criminal? Would you bother to do anything at all? Call the cops so they could clean up after? Take pictures? Use lethal force?

What would you expect of your neighbor if he was witness to your wife in the same situation?