brother Willi

why own a gun?

if its for fun, fine target shootin is fun

if its for huntin, fine we all need to eat

if its for self defense, prove to me that a Christian needs one for that

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
The only Constitution I am concerned with is the US Constitution. Which Constitution were you referring to?

Last edited:

Crow

Why I own a gun. (actually many guns) Hunting, target shooting, home defense, plinking, bragging to my gun buddies about how many I own, and in case BillyBob ever has a question about a gun, I can tell him because I have the same one.

Crow

Originally posted by firechyld

Plinking?

That's something that evidently isn't the same in Aussie. "Plinking" is a very informal type of target shooting. It is done on non-regulation targets, usually the tin can, and the sound the bullet makes when it hits is a "plink," hence the name "plinking."

temple2006

BB...Not necessarily, but you know how many ways it can be interpreted. It does not command you to own a gun, does it?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, Bro Willi, I can speak for no one but myself. I bought my gun to protect myself and my daughter. We had lived in a fairly large city before my husband passed away and I wasn't sure that we'd be all right. It took me a while to get used to it being in the house. But, soon, it became more of a tool for recreation. I do what Crow calls "plinking." It relaxes me by getting my mind off of everyday life. I've gotten quite good at hitting my target. I'm thinking of buying a long bow and targets for it. I used to love archery. And, of course, I'm thinking about getting another gun. :)

brother Willi

Originally posted by ebenz47037

Well, Bro Willi, I can speak for no one but myself. I bought my gun to protect myself and my daughter. We had lived in a fairly large city before my husband passed away and I wasn't sure that we'd be all right. It took me a while to get used to it being in the house. But, soon, it became more of a tool for recreation. I do what Crow calls "plinking." It relaxes me by getting my mind off of everyday life. I've gotten quite good at hitting my target. I'm thinking of buying a long bow and targets for it. I used to love archery. And, of course, I'm thinking about getting another gun. :)
i understand that part about why you bought them Nori.
i did the same
we lived in a trailer park
i worked nights, so i bought Daisy (my wife) a gun for protection.

did i trust in God when i did this?

we also got a black lab, named him Sarge, one of the smartest dogs we ever had.
when he was a pup, he loved to chew on stuff
sometimes id come home, and Daisy would be sittin on the kitchen table, Sarge loved to bite at her ankles:chuckle:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by temple 2000

BB...Not necessarily, but you know how many ways it can be interpreted. It does not command you to own a gun, does it?

It [2nd Ammendment] allows me to own a gun without the worry of the government taking it away from me.

brother Willi

Originally posted by BillyBob

It [2nd Ammendment] allows me to own a gun without the worry of the government taking it away from me.
thats true Billy
but the point temple 2000 i think makes is, it doesnt say you MUST own a gun