Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Since no one is forcing these brave men and women to seek therapy for their unnatural sexual desires and/or gender confusion, it makes me think that they're doing it on their own (drum roll)...

free will.

Yet ex-gay ministries primarily target teens and children for their "therapy"

Don't cha just hate it when all of that time, money and effort spent on indoctrinating sexually and gender confused youth by the LGBTQueer movement is ruined through spiritual and psychological therapy?

I have an idea: Why not pass laws that keep parents from seeking spiritual and psychological help for their sexually and/or gender confused child?

Oh wait...

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
Wouldn't you agree that hearing it from people who have actually changed is better than something written on paper?

This was certainly a worthwhile read. Ex-Leaders of the Gay Conversion Therapy Movement Apologize

How sad that they gave up and returned to the lifestyle that brings nothing but misery, disease and often times early death.

Speaking of EX homosexuals: here's more testimonials (more people who happy that they've escaped a culture of death?).

voice(s) of hope
http://www.ldsvoicesofhope.org/voices.php

BTW: Tell us about your prayers, i.e. who or what do you pray to and what is the context of those prayers?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Rehabilitation in general is impossible to figure with 100% accuracy. When programs give a number, it's usually an exaggerated one.

But as a rough estimate, drug rehabilitation has an average 50% success rate, including inpatient and outpatient- that means for every two or three people go into rehab, you can expect that at least one of them is going to return to drug use.

But here's a kicker:
Gay drug addicts have a far lower rate of successful rehabilitation than heterosexual addicts. For every three gays you see going into rehab, you can expect that at least two of them will go back to drug use.

It shouldn't be a surprise that many institutions which aim to realign one's sexual orientation have a low success rate- gays have a generally lower will to drop their vices, and now that you have rainbow warriors on the Left defending them nonstop, many have little reason to put their problem down.

The liberal agenda has always been a big, fat lie. They only ever cared about homosexuality because it was useful to them in attacking Christianity, plain and simple. There has never been a time when so many people were so obsessed about a vestige of society to a point where they are marching on others and going to the Supreme Court- it's all about dismantling religious virtue, that's why the loudest voices are these atheist morons.
These very heterosexual atheist morons :rolleyes:

Christians shouldn't even be debating it with them- you don't need to debate against motivated lies, you show them for what they are.
Screw liberals :wave2:

Arthur Brain

I hope you don't mind that I added the green with envy color to your well thought out post.

Check out the websites, there are people in their 40's and older that have been successful.

http://www.narth.com/testimonies-of-change

Eh, knock yourself out aCW, although considering there's nothing to be envious about I'm not sure why you bothered really...

By your own admission you don't look into things or do proper research in general and it shows.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I hope you don't mind that I added the green with envy color to your well thought out post.

Check out the websites, there are people in their 40's and older that have been successful.

Eh, knock yourself out aCW, although considering there's nothing to be envious about I'm not sure why you bothered really...

One would think that you'd be happy that those who were raped as children or grew up in a dysfunctional home and acquired same sex desires because of it were able to overcome those desires through therapy.

Why aren't you?

By your own admission you don't look into things or do proper research in general and it shows.

Why would I look into those things that a hardcore LGBTQ activist asked about? Spiritual and psychological therapy (as seen through the videos and written testimonies that I've supplied) have helped countless people.

You should be happy for them Art that they've escaped unnatural sexual desires and a behavior that is nothing but deadly.

Again: why aren't you?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rehabilitation in general is impossible to figure with 100% accuracy. When programs give a number, it's usually an exaggerated one.

Did the homosexual that took you in as a youth and mentored you ever seek professional help in an attempt to overcome his same sex desires?

But as a rough estimate, drug rehabilitation has an average 50% success rate, including inpatient and outpatient- that means for every two or three people go into rehab, you can expect that at least one of them is going to return to drug use.

Do you have statistics showing the success rate of SOCE therapy? While one person who has been successful in changing his same sex desires should be grounds enough for anyone to encourage SOCE therapy, there are a couple of guys here that are green with envy and would like to think that a vast majority aren't successful.

Arthur Brain

One would think that you'd be happy that those who were raped as children or grew up in a dysfunctional home and acquired same sex desires because of it were able to overcome those desires through therapy.

Why aren't you?

Why would I look into those things that a hardcore LGBTQ activist asked about? Spiritual and psychological therapy (as seen through the videos and written testimonies that I've supplied) have helped countless people.

You should be happy for them Art that they've escaped unnatural sexual desires and a behavior that is nothing but deadly.

By your own admission you know nothing about what goes on in these "therapy" centres and you don't bother doing any objective research in general either. Not hanging about on your insipid blog dude so get on with your usual misinformation and pretending you care about stuff.

:e4e:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

By your own admission you know nothing about what goes on in these "therapy" centres and you don't bother doing any objective research in general either. Not hanging about on your insipid blog dude so get on with your usual misinformation and pretending you care about stuff.

:e4e:

Why would I believe a word of what this very sad individual has written and take his word at face value?

Quote: Originally posted by MrDante

Nothing published about the safety of their "therapy"

Nothing to support the theoretical basis for their "therapy"

No follow up studies to see how their "successes" are doing.

They can't even spell out what constitutes success

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ized!-Part-4&p=4881240&viewfull=1#post4881240

I hope that you are watching and reading these testimonies from these very brave people and investigating the websites that I've linked, as many of the lies that MrDante posted are discussed. Here's one more link from the NARTH website:

Men and Women Who Have Experienced*
Authentic Change*in Sexual Orientation*
Through Therapy that Works!

http://testpathvoc.weebly.com/

Be happy for these people Art, they've overcome astronomical hurdles (unmentionable abuse as a child, a society that doesn't support them, etc.) to become whole individuals once again.

Again: why aren't you happy for them?

MrDante

Why would I believe a word of what this very sad individual has written and take his word at face value?

Quote: Originally posted by MrDante

Nothing published about the safety of their "therapy"

Nothing to support the theoretical basis for their "therapy"

No follow up studies to see how their "successes" are doing.

They can't even spell out what constitutes success

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ized!-Part-4&p=4881240&viewfull=1#post4881240
To prove me wrong all you have to do is reference actual published studies by these ex-gay organizations.

So why don't you?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
... ex-gay organizations can't even define what they mean by "success"

"Successful change can mean several different experiences for different men. Some men experience a natural reduction in their homosexual feelings and are satisfied with that. Some men experience dramatic reduction in their homosexual feelings and develop strong, emotionally intimate, non-sexual relationships with other men. Some men experience dramatic dissipation in homosexual feelings, bonded, affirming relationships with other men, then move on to attractions and love for women with whom they create loving marriages and families. In short, successful change is in the "eye of the beholder."...

Read more: http://www.davidpickuplmft.com/what-does-real-change-mean
http://www.davidpickuplmft.com/

... ...all you have to do is reference actual published studies by these ex-gay organizations...

These wonderful organizations deal with destroyed lives and help rebuild those lives, I doubt that their clients want to look at a piece of paper with statistics on it.

That being said:

Scientific Evidence:
There is significant scientific evidence which demonstrates that sexuality is rather fluid in nature and can be changed. The well-known Spitzer Study and the*Jones/Yarhouse Study are two significant examples. I recommend the*"Journal of Human Sexuality," available on www.narth.com. This publication gives the reader many valuable resources that give much insight into the* causes and*treatment of homosexuality as well as compelling evidence of change.

Anecdotal Evidence:
This type of evidence is simply the emotional experiences that clients report after*they have experienced therapy in session and in their everyday lives. See the*brand new site, www.voices-of-change.org. This is the first website* created to*bring together in one place many stories of successful* therapeutic change. Also,look at some of the experiences which clients have reported below:

Marc from Phoenix:

"This really works. I realized being gay was not who I*really was. This is tough work, but worth everything to me."

Jim from Burbank:
"This whole manhood*thing and getting real love and affirmation from men feels a lot better than*sex with men."

Cary from San Diego:
"My depression lifted. I feel my own power as a man.*Homosexual feelings just don't come up anymore or
rarely. And, I'm falling in love with a woman. We're talking*about getting married."

http://www.davidpickuplmft.com/what-does-the-science-say

01cafa_b81d737117ab49519adecb470d80225c.jpg

David H. Pickup, M.A.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Reparative Therapist
Doctoral Studies:
California Southern University
Member:
American Psychological Association
California Association of Marriage
and Family Therapists
Board member:
National Association of Research and*
Therapy for Homosexuality

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh and MrDante: While it hurts me so to be the bearer of bad news for you...

Christopher Doyle responds to the failure of conversion therapy ban efforts

May 8, 2014
The following excerpts are from the article “As Many as Nine State Legislatures Have Now Rejected SOCE Therapy Bans” by Christopher Doyle on the Voice of the Voiceless website: …“We have been following this legislation for quite some time, and were involved in the defeat of bills in Virginia, Maryland, Washington, Minnesota, and Illinois. But recently, we learned that a few other states have quietly dismissed these measures as well, including Hawaii, Wisconsin, and Rhode Island. Of course, the mainstream media won’t report this news; you’ll only hear about it on this website. …. In Hawaii, the bill was ‘deferred’ by the committee, ultimately causing it to die in this year’s session. … In Wisconsin, SB481 ‘failed to pass pursuant to Joint Senate Resolution 1.’ … Meanwhile, thanks to efforts from Equality And Justice For All, the bill in Pennsylvania has little chance of getting a hearing and out of committee, and in Ohio, a similar fate will likely befall SB 188. That leaves Massachusetts, Vermont, Florida, Washington, DC and New York,” …
http://ex-gaytruth.com/ex-gay-news/...he-failure-of-conversion-therapy-ban-efforts/

christopher-doyle.jpg

Christopher Doyle

MrDante

"Successful change can mean several different experiences for different men. Some men experience a natural reduction in their homosexual feelings and are satisfied with that.
"natural reduction in their homosexual feelings" what does that mean?

Some men experience dramatic reduction in their homosexual feelings and develop strong, emotionally intimate, non-sexual relationships with other men.
Does this even have a meaning?

Some men experience dramatic dissipation in homosexual feelings, bonded, affirming relationships with other men, then move on to attractions and love for women with whom they create loving marriages and families. In short, successful change is in the "eye of the beholder."...
so no agreement on just what change means because it apparently done'st mean anything.

These wonderful organizations deal with destroyed lives and help rebuild those lives, I doubt that their clients want to look at a piece of paper with statistics on it.
One woudl think the first thing anyone would be asking is "does it work?" or "is it safe?"

That being said:

Scientific Evidence:
There is significant scientific evidence which demonstrates that sexuality is rather fluid in nature and can be changed. The well-known Spitzer Study and the*Jones/Yarhouse Study are two significant examples. I recommend the*"Journal of Human Sexuality," available on www.narth.com. This publication gives the reader many valuable resources that give much insight into the* causes and*treatment of homosexuality as well as compelling evidence of change.
You must be referring to "Can Some Gay Men and Lesbians Change Their Sexual Orientation?" by Robert Spitzer 2001. The study that failed peer review because it's subjects were all employees of ex-gay organizations like NARTH and Exodus (and even then only a tiny fraction of participants would claim to have changed sexual orientation). The study that was published two years later in the Archives of Sexual Behavior (with the disclaimer that it had failed peer review)because of the general interest in it. The study that Robert Spitzer disavowed admitting his critics were right and apologized for.

Anecdotal Evidence:
What about the anecdotal evidence of people who didn't change or later admitted they were lying about changing?

MrDante

Oh and MrDante: While it hurts me so to be the bearer of bad news for you...

Christopher Doyle responds to the failure of conversion therapy ban efforts

May 8, 2014
The following excerpts are from the article “As Many as Nine State Legislatures Have Now Rejected SOCE Therapy Bans” by Christopher Doyle on the Voice of the Voiceless website: …“We have been following this legislation for quite some time, and were involved in the defeat of bills in Virginia, Maryland, Washington, Minnesota, and Illinois. But recently, we learned that a few other states have quietly dismissed these measures as well, including Hawaii, Wisconsin, and Rhode Island. Of course, the mainstream media won’t report this news; you’ll only hear about it on this website. …. In Hawaii, the bill was ‘deferred’ by the committee, ultimately causing it to die in this year’s session. … In Wisconsin, SB481 ‘failed to pass pursuant to Joint Senate Resolution 1.’ … Meanwhile, thanks to efforts from Equality And Justice For All, the bill in Pennsylvania has little chance of getting a hearing and out of committee, and in Ohio, a similar fate will likely befall SB 188. That leaves Massachusetts, Vermont, Florida, Washington, DC and New York,” …
http://ex-gaytruth.com/ex-gay-news/...he-failure-of-conversion-therapy-ban-efforts/

christopher-doyle.jpg

Christopher Doyle

Let's see. the legislative information system for the state of Virginia is currently in committee in the state's house.

Illinois passed Public Act 099-0411 The Youth Mental Health Protection Act. was passed into law and been in effect jince January 2016.

In Washington the legislation Republicnas rejected was to ban the use of electroshock therapy, ice baths, caging, physical abuse and other forms of torture on children by "conversion" therapists.

In Washington and the other states mentioned I'm sure the child abusers, pedophiles and sex perverts of those states are very happy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.