Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Where is it written that a society has to "put up with" unrighteous laws?

BwwCd? (But what would Caligula do?).

Again: Where is it written where a society has to put up with unrighteous laws?

By the time of Caligula, Israel still had a temple and system of rule within the Roman Empire and could execute a homo. After the resurrection the 613 laws of Moses ceased to be the rule of life for the people of God.

alwight

I simply don't agree, and do you really think you could just choose to have a different sexuality?...
Yes. Although let's not pretend that every choice is the same. I can choose an ice cream flavor, and I can choose to be a cold blooded thief, but they are not similar types of decisions, and they require different amounts and types of work to actually make.
I can perhaps choose an ice cream flavour over another one that I would have preferred more and still enjoy it, but my preference won't have changed one bit.
I could choose to be a thief but I don't want to, so I'm not.
I could choose to engage in gay sex but I don't want to, so I don't.
None of this alters what is innately preferred but I'll say that it would take considerably more inducement for me to participate in gay sex than it would to eat my least favourite ice cream flavour, and I wouldn't or perhaps couldn't enjoy it. :nono:

...Whichever genes are actually expressed from the available ones even for "identical" twins still involves a possible degree of variation. The fact that more "identical" twins than non identical ones claim the same orientation imo shows that at least some genetic factors are involved...
For me to even concede this small point, I'm going to need to see evidence that genetic multiples separated either at birth or very early on, also show the same correlation. Otherwise "nature" is confounded with "nurture." Is there such evidence ?
I was talking about Francis Collins earlier which was a reference to a post I made earlier in this thread regarding identical twins:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4117867&postcount=3210

I'll presume here you are not gay. I suspect that for religious reasons you don't actually want there to be a genetic element to homosexuality and are trying to convince yourself that homosexuality is an evil choice. Perhaps you even feel virtuous because you chose to be straight?
But I don't think you had too much difficulty at all, right?
Perhaps you might want to do your own research to bring to the table?

My own secular pov suggests to me at least that Darwinian evolution would not have produced two genders with a different sexual apparatus and then allow sexual attraction to be a conscious choice in humans, when clearly other life is incapable of making any such considered choices.

...But clearly for me not everyone, if anyone, has a totally polarised sexuality anyway.
If you believe that we are all along a continuum or spectrum, then why do you resist that we can not only change it, but choose to change it ? I suspect that it's because you only know what PPS calls "law methodology," or "law method," which is basically trying to force yourself to do or not to do a thing, and this is quite different from walking by faith and not by sight.
Choosing my least favourite regular ice cream is at the other end of my ice cream spectrum. The ice cream I actually chose need not be my favourite of course, so why would I not choose my favourite if all things were equal?
I may not be sure which of the regular flavours was my particular favourite without trying them all, given that just looking probably won't help?

But somehow, I at least just knew innately what sexually attracted me, I think it was originally in an old copy of Playboy I once found iirc. :think:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
BwwCd? (But what would Caligula do?).

Again: Where is it written where a society has to put up with unrighteous laws?

By the time of Caligula, Israel still had a temple and system of rule within the Roman Empire and could execute a homo. After the resurrection the 613 laws of Moses ceased to be the rule of life for the people of God.

Cool, I'll file that under "auafithntdwtt" (absolutely useless and false information that has nothing to do with this thread).

office-office-file-copy-copying-backup-cza1539_low.jpg

Although, the recriminalization of homosexuality does have something to do with this thread (hence it's subject title), so once again:

Where is it written where a society has to put up with unrighteous laws?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. (*Romans‬ *13‬:*1-6‬ KJV)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. (*Romans‬ *13‬:*1-6‬ KJV)

Thank you for acknowledging what the proper role of government is (it seems to me I've seen that passage before).

Now tell us...

i.e. that the mass murdering homosexual Adolf Hitler had to be voted out as fuhrer of Germany; that the American Civil War wasn't justified because the people in the South didn't vote out slavery, etc.

alwight

i.e. that the mass murdering homosexual Adolf Hitler had to be voted out as fuhrer of Germany; that the American Civil War wasn't justified because the people in the South didn't vote out slavery, etc.
Good of you to explain all about Hitler aCW but he lost all his democratic rights when he invaded Poland. :plain:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Good of you to explain all about Hitler aCW but he lost all his democratic rights when he invaded Poland. :plain:

Speaking of Hitler: Do you think that the people of Germany would have thrown him out of office had they known that he was a practicing sodomite?

obama-hitler.jpg

alwight

We ought to obey God rather than men. Acts 5:29

Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man. 1 Peter 2:13

:liberals:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
We ought to obey God rather than men. Acts 5:29

Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man. 1 Peter 2:13

:liberals:

(Of course Al isn't smart enough to realize that the two verses that he used contradict one another).

Hey Al, I have a favor to ask:

Let's ignore the troll intojoy and hope he goes away.

alwight

Speaking of Hitler: Do you think that the people of Germany would have thrown him out of office had they known that he was a practicing sodomite?

obama-hitler.jpg
Had they known he was a mass murderer should have rendered what he may or may not have done with his penis somewhat trivial and inconsequential imo aCW. :plain:

alwight

(Of course Al isn't smart enough to realize that the two verses that he used contradict one another).

Hey Al, I have a favor to ask:

Let's ignore the troll intojoy and hope he goes away.
But the contradiction was the point aCW, which seems not to bother you in your supposedly Godly inspired ancient scripture for some reason? :think:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Had they known he was a mass murderer should have rendered what he may or may not have done with his penis somewhat trivial and inconsequential imo aCW. :plain:

What a man does with his sex organ can make a world of difference Al.

Life
fy-ww-baby-growth-and-behavior.jpg

vs

Death
corbis_rm_photo_of_AIDS_quilt_on_mall.jpg

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
But the contradiction was the point aCW, which seems not to bother you in your supposedly Godly inspired ancient scripture for some reason? :think:

Have I mentioned that Holy Scripture in the hands of a numbskull atheist is a very pathetic thing? Why do you think all of these Christians who were florists, bakers and innkeepers are in trouble? Because they chose to stick with the laws of God and not men.

Abide by the laws of men as long as they don't go against God's.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

What a man does with his sex organ can make a world of difference Al.

Life vs Death

At my age it really doesn't matter so much.
Should old guys like me not indulge in any form of sex aCW, sex is only for producing new life perhaps?

I'm not aware that unnatural sex acts have age restrictions when it comes to contracting STD's Al.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
I'm not aware that unnatural sex acts have age restrictions when it comes to contracting STD's Al.

However you don't seem to be addressing my point, but wearing a condom is unnatural and a whole lot more likely to be safer.

Been there, discussed that.

AIDS Seminar Highlights Dangers of Condoms

Dr. Bullecer focused on HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention. He highlighted the untold dangers of condoms, which are less effective than most people think in preventing the spread of HIV — especially when used by those who engage in high-risk behaviors.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4186148&highlight=condom+use#post4186148

Besides, there are others ways to contract STD's, etc.

Just ask Mike.

michael-douglas-says-oral-sex-caused-his-cancer.jpeg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I can perhaps choose an ice cream flavour over another one that I would have preferred more and still enjoy it, but my preference won't have changed one bit.
I could choose to be a thief but I don't want to, so I'm not.
I could choose to engage in gay sex but I don't want to, so I don't.
None of this alters what is innately preferred but I'll say that it would take considerably more inducement for me to participate in gay sex than it would to eat my least favourite ice cream flavour, and I wouldn't or perhaps couldn't enjoy it. :nono:

I was talking about Francis Collins earlier which was a reference to a post I made earlier in this thread regarding identical twins:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4117867&postcount=3210

I'll presume here you are not gay. I suspect that for religious reasons you don't actually want there to be a genetic element to homosexuality and are trying to convince yourself that homosexuality is an evil choice. Perhaps you even feel virtuous because you chose to be straight?
But I don't think you had too much difficulty at all, right?
Perhaps you might want to do your own research to bring to the table?

My own secular pov suggests to me at least that Darwinian evolution would not have produced two genders with a different sexual apparatus and then allow sexual attraction to be a conscious choice in humans, when clearly other life is incapable of making any such considered choices.

Choosing my least favourite regular ice cream is at the other end of my ice cream spectrum. The ice cream I actually chose need not be my favourite of course, so why would I not choose my favourite if all things were equal?
I may not be sure which of the regular flavours was my particular favourite without trying them all, given that just looking probably won't help?

But somehow, I at least just knew innately what sexually attracted me, I think it was originally in an old copy of Playboy I once found iirc. :think:

problem. if one "enjoys" being gay, it's not ice cream - :patrol:

Status
Not open for further replies.