Why Don't the Liberals Want a Wall?

drbrumley

Take away these distortions of the labor market, and immigration ceases to be a problem. Without welfare, the first type of immigrant has no reason to come and the second type of immigrant will come only if he can out-compete a U.S. citizen for a job. Without welfare and the artificial expense of employment laws, the immigrant and the U.S. worker are competing on an even playing field. Each can price his labor according to his productivity and find his natural place in the labor market. If the immigrant wins a job from a "native," we all win, because we get the benefit of his economically more-efficient production. Thus, without welfare and employment laws, there would be no immigration "problem," only healthy competition for jobs, which drives down labor costs, which drives down the cost of every good and service that everyone wants and needs. Immigration under these circumstances would raise standards of living for both the immigrant and the pre-existing citizen, not lower them for the citizen.

drbrumley

In other words, remove the artificial distortion of the labor market, and everybody wins. Except politicians who must restrict economic activity in every conceivable way in order to have the power to make exceptions to these restrictions as a means of buying votes.

drbrumley

This is why no one in government is talking about the true problems, and dismantling these systems is not being discussed as a solution. The solution to government interference in the market is never more government interference in the market, but that is the only thing even our “conservative” politicians ever propose. The parasitic class will always put its own, short-term interests ahead of the well-being of the people it purports to represent, and it is busy doing exactly that as each party races to out-pander the other in the vote-buying game that passes for modern statesmanship.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
twelve minute video, different perspectives, proving phillips is a lying piece of crap

and i don't give a crap that he was a veteran or a native american "elder" - neither of those automatically confers respect, imo

if i was those kids, i'd file a class action lawsuit against CNN

phillips: "here's a group of people who were angry..."

no, they weren't angry - that's clearly shown in the video

can we expect to see a retraction by CNN? Can we expect to see CNN attack the moron indians for their behavior, now that the rest of the story has come out?

so you have racist negro "street preachers" racially taunting these kids

you have idiot "native americans" racially taunting these kids

and you have these kids, whose crime was being white (mostly) and wearing MAGA hats

who does the msm choose to target?

drbrumley

Which is EXACTLY why all of you talking about a WALL along with Trump, (not the brightest guy in the world) are disussing an option that won't do a thing to help this nation or it's people.

drbrumley

The first problem is the existence of the welfare state, which creates a disincentive to work among those already able to participate in it (citizens and some non-citizen immigrants already here). As non-workers' needs are met by redistribution of property confiscated from productive workers, the labor pool shrinks. Many find that they can live as well from the work of others as they could live from their own labor and logically, if not admirably, decide not to work. This coerced "charity" likewise attracts new participants to the system. Hence, people from the lower rungs of economically-backward societies are clamoring to be allowed to participate in our welfare system.

Where's Trump on this issue.....AWOL

drbrumley

The second problem is the massive web of “employment law” (minimum wages, anti-discrimination schemes, statutes that create artificial bargaining advantages for unions, wage-and-hour laws, OSHA regulations, workers compensation laws, mandates on employer-provided insurance coverage, requirements of accommodation for disabilities; etc. etc.) that makes it artificially (i.e., something other than what an unfettered market would achieve without such interference) expensive to hire U.S. citizens.

Where's Trump on this issue.....AWOL

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Your adjectives “moron” and “idiot” comport with the language our president uses.

Good for you!
At least the Nazis showed films in movie theaters showing hordes of rats to describe Jews and other unwanted people!

Do you want to take your showers with warm gas or lukewarm gas?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
A wall has two purposes. To keep people in and to keep people out.
Think of the wooden fences in suburbia or consider gated communities.

musterion

phillips: "here's a group of people who were angry..."

no, they weren't angry - that's clearly shown in the video

can we expect to see a retraction by CNN? Can we expect to see CNN attack the moron indians for their behavior, now that the rest of the story has come out?

so you have racist negro "street preachers" racially taunting these kids

you have idiot "native americans" racially taunting these kids

and you have these kids, whose crime was being white (mostly) and wearing MAGA hats

who does the msm choose to target?

Old Indian dude came over and started harassing the kids, not the other way around.

At one point he's calling Trump and them homosexuals -- typical leftist tolerance.

Reportedly he had video of his entire day posted online, up to and including all this, but pulled it when it showed he was the one who started all the trouble. Too bad for him, people found it and put it back up. The whole narrative, as is usually the case, has been destroyed.

But in about a month's time Barbie will reminisce about the time a bunch of evil right wing teenagers assaulted a gentle old Native American who was just, like, banging a drum for peace, man.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
What is so bad about a wall when compared to all the evil which is resulting from the lack of a wall?

I tend to go to actual history at times to look for answers to the present.

Portions of “the Wall” [At least those sections that have been built] are being breached by a multitude of tunnels.

Put “The Wall” and “Tunnels” into the search window in Google.

The Great Wall of China, Hadrian’s Wall in Great Britain and the Berlin Wall were finally recognized to be ineffective.

It would be peachy if we could just get all the good people over here and force all the evil people over there. Then all we would need to do is destroy those “other” people and the world would be at peace.
But we seldom recognize that the line between good and evil runs down the center of every human heart.

Are we willing to destroy a piece of our own hearts?

Kit the Coyote

"this young feller put himself in my way"

lie

"so i couldn't move"

lie

from what i've found, there were three groups

- high spirited kids from high school, having fun, no anger, no "scary rip you apart" crap (a quote from the old fool)

- idiot racist loud-mouthed negro "street preachers" who were taunting the kids

- and idiot lying drum-beating old guy, who waded into the crowd of kids who were bothering no one, until he reached the kid who didn't want to move, who stood there smiling at him

i'm gonna say that again - smiling at the old moron with drum

not snarling, not threatening, not raising his fists, even while the old fool beat his silly drum right in the kid's face

smiling

I can't really tell if those are lies, truth or both. The students may have been dancing with the Amerind group or in mockery of them. The student may have been in Phillips face or Phillips in his. The Amerind group moved into the crowd but it is not clear that they could have moved back out again. That group may have felt threatened whether or not there was an actual threat.

That said, I see the same three groups and I think it is a serious mistake to not include the street preachers in the bigger picture as they were inciting things at the start. I've seen this group before on YouTube, I can't remember if they are a Christian group or an Islamic Dawa group but they are very in your face and confrontational.

I'm sort of wondering if this isn't a side effect of the shutdown if the park service were open and managing this demonstration area better these three groups might have been kept apart.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I can't really tell if those are lies, truth or both. The students may have been dancing with the Amerind group or in mockery of them. The student may have been in Phillips face or Phillips in his. The Amerind group moved into the crowd but it is not clear that they could have moved back out again. That group may have felt threatened whether or not there was an actual threat.

That said, I see the same three groups and I think it is a serious mistake to not include the street preachers in the bigger picture as they were inciting things at the start. I've seen this group before on YouTube, I can't remember if they are a Christian group or an Islamic Dawa group but they are very in your face and confrontational.

I'm sort of wondering if this isn't a side effect of the shutdown if the park service were open and managing this demonstration area better these three groups might have been kept apart.

what really bothers me is that CNN ran the story without corroboration, without getting the kids viewpoint, without researching the story other than taking the old fool's words as truth

this one is twelve minutes - along with the much longer one that fool linked to, it makes it pretty clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp4oUBTS0DM