Why Don't the Liberals Want a Wall?

fool

Hall of Fame
I don't have audio right now but I'll check later when I do. I am not about to cal Mr. Phillips mistaken or a liar regardless of what is heard or not heard on a short video clip of the alleged encounter.

:rolleyes: It's an hour and 46 minutes long.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Amazing, and suddenly we all dont have an issue with the berlin wall.

Now you're moving the goalposts.

Rosey's question was this:

Wouldn't it be an easy thing to use it in that way?

A wall is inherently neither good nor bad.

A border wall is a good thing, but can easily be used by wicked people for wicked things.

An example of this would be the Berlin wall.

fool

Hall of Fame
@<a href="http://theologyonline.com/member.php?u=4370" target="_blank">fool</a>

Regardless of what was specifically said, you don't think these kids are mocking Mr. Phillips?

Phillips is a lying piece of crap, here's his statement;
https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/nathan-phillips/
“At the close of the Indigenous Peoples’ March and rally, the few of us left lingering to chat and meet were confronted and surrounded by 50 to 70 young people wearing Trump’s hats, T-shirts and other apparel. The group consisted of mostly young white men who started to intimidate, mock and scare us with a mob mentality in order to silence a demonstration that was mostly concluded. The group outnumbered us and enclosed our small group, chanting ‘build the wall’ another Trump-isms. The group was clearly looking for ANY opportunity to get violent and they consistently infringed upon our space, inching closer and closer, bumping into us and daring us to get physical. They surrounded us screaming, cajoling and mocking the elder singing with intentionally disrespectful dancing and attempting to chant\sing louder than him. He did not break focus on move inch for the entirety of the encounter. And perhaps the saddest part of all is that this song was medicine to calm the anger and toxicity of these men.”

Now watch the video starting at 1:12:23
His statement that they were;
" the few of us left lingering to chat and meet were confronted and surrounded"
Is a complete lie, he walked into the crowd of people and at first it looks like the students thought he was joining their chants. Now the MSM is trying to dox this kid.
Pathetic.

Kit the Coyote

Except that didn't happen. The guy with the drum waded into the crowd of students

I don't have audio right now but I'll check later when I do. I am not about to cal Mr. Phillips mistaken or a liar regardless of what is heard or not heard on a short video clip of the alleged encounter.

I've been trying to sort out what happened here, there are at least three different versions of the event floating about in the media and Twitter.

One is that these students confronted Mr. Phillips while he was performing his prayer ceremony. Another that the students were taunting a group of African-Americans and Mr. Phillips while performing his prayer tried to get between them to settle things down. And one that the students were standing around singing their school song when Mr. Phillips waded into them. And there are probably others so it is rather clear at this point that things are not clear at this point. :)

The larger picture is that in front of the Lincoln Memorial there is a reserved area set up for public demonstrations. Mr. Phillips was part of a Native American Group performing a unity prayer ceremony in the space. The group next scheduled to use the space was a March for Life group. The students wearing the MAGA hats were part of a Catholic High School group attending the March for Life.

All the video I've seen so far starts after the confrontation began, so it is not clear who approached who but the students do seem to be clearly mocking Mr. Phillips' prayer. I haven't been able to confirm the "build the wall" cries or the one woman's Twitter claim that the boys were just singing their school song.

The school has started an investigation and appears to plan disciplinary actions against the students depending on the outcome.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...elder-confronted-by-teens-in-maga-hats-speaks
https://mobile.twitter.com/Alynn7513/status/1086753748339343362
https://slate.com/news-and-politics...native-american-veteran-harassment-smile.html
https://newsmaven.io/indiancountryt...srespect-native-elder-jy7UVwdg8kK2uvT0L-JOig/

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"Inherently" good is implied since your statement is absolute.

You know what, since you do not already understood, never mind. :e4e:

And a border wall turned into a prison wall is no longer a good thing.

The berlin wall was a prison wall.

WizardofOz

And a border wall turned into a prison wall is no longer a good thing.

The berlin wall was a prison wall.

That's why you should have rephrased e.g. 'A border wall can be a good thing' rather than "a border wall is a good thing".

Or, a border wall can be a good thing but a border wall that isn't effective relative to its cost is not necessarily a good thing.

But, that's fine, let's not split hairs. :cheers:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That's why you should have rephrased i.g. 'A border wall can be a good thing' rather than "a border wall is a good thing".

Or, a border wall can be a good thing but a border wall that isn't effective relative to its cost is not necessarily a good thing.

But, that's fine, let's not split hairs. :cheers:

I meant what I said.

A border wall is a good thing.

Changing it from a border wall into something that is not a border wall is what corrupts it.

Kit the Coyote

Is a complete lie, he walked into the crowd of people and at first it looks like the students thought he was joining their chants. Now the MSM is trying to dox this kid.
Pathetic.

How can that be Mr. Phillips' statement when he is being referred to in it in the third person? He is the elder being referred to here. The article only says that this is one account of what happened and it is clearly NOT Mr. Phillips talking.

Thanks very much for the video, it helps clear things up quite a bit. I've seen this group of street preachers before and they are clearly the missing element in this story and the antagonists here. I think Phillips and his group were trying to diffuse the situation but it got out of hand.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Pathetic.

The only person I heard saying build the wall was the foul mouthed negro "street preacher"

ok doser

Pathetic.

I got as far as 1:23 and couldn't take any more of the idiot loud mouthed negro pretending to be a Christian. Based on what I saw, who ever wrote the piece you posted is a bald-faced liar

ok doser

Regarding the disgusting and disrespectful students from Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills who wore MAGA hats and mocked members of the The Indigenous Peoples March
"When I was there singing, I heard them saying 'Build that wall, build that wall,'" Phillips said, as he wiped away tears in a video posted on Instagram. "This is indigenous lands. We're not supposed to have walls here. We never did."

Phillips, an Omaha tribe elder who fought in the Vietnam War and now lives in Michigan, has long been active in the indigenous rights movement.

A co-founder of the Native Youth Alliance cultural and education group, he shows up to Arlington National Cemetery every Veterans Day with a peace pipe to pay tribute to Native Americans who served in the U.S. military.

vs. a bunch of spoiled entitled morons wearing MAGA hats. :loser:

:mock: anyone who has ever worn a MAGA hat.

Where did you get this from?