Why do you remain a blue subscriber?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Did you take honors at the bus driving school?

I was complimented by my instructors who noted that I came with an educational background different from most of their applicants :chuckle:

and they suggested that I apply to be a trainer the next year

but I only drove for one year, as a lark, part-time while I was working a full time night shift job at the hospital

another one of those years of no sleep :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was complimented by my instructors who noted that I came with an educational background different from most of their applicants :chuckle:
and they suggested that I apply to be a trainer the next year
but I only drove for one year, as a lark, part-time while I was working a full time night shift job at the hospital
another one of those years of no sleep :chuckle:
I appreciate your going to the trouble of making my point that your lack of umbrage wasn't a real parallel and the easy virtue you infer for yourself wasn't much of one. :cheers:

Else, that was about as nice an attempt to transform a really goofy shot at an inferential insult into an aw-shucks self-promotion as I've seen.

Kudos.

ok doser

I appreciate your going to the trouble of making my point that your lack of umbrage wasn't a real parallel and the easy virtue you infer for yourself wasn't much of one. :cheers:

Else, that was about as nice an attempt to transform a really goofy shot at an inferential insult into an aw-shucks self-promotion as I've seen.

Kudos.

when you walk in a room, do people say "look, here comes that pretentious self-impressed blowhard again, who just won't ever shut up"?

or do they just scuttle away?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
when you walk in a room, do people say "look, here comes that pretentious self-impressed blowhard again, who just won't ever shut up"?
No. People who know me would chuckle at that. See, I don't have to be that impressed with me to be completely unimpressed by you, by how you are and who you paint yourself as here...my only problem was in taking that seriously for a time.

:eek: People.

Your problem is that on some level you're still that kid who traveled with a pack shoving other kids into lockers.

And I don't shove. :)

Last edited:

ClimateSanity

I would subscribe if one of the top feminists here were permabanned. I would subscribe if certain viewpoints or just mere topics could be discussed without the attendant lynchmob. Points are ignored with character assassination being the mode of choice instead. The topics that get this treatment usually touch on feminism in some way. Feminists rule the roost here and until that significantly changes, you won't see a dime from me.

ok doser

I would subscribe if one of the top feminists here were permabanned. I would subscribe if certain viewpoints or just mere topics could be discussed without the attendant lynchmob. Points are ignored with character assassination being the mode of choice instead. The topics that get this treatment usually touch on feminism in some way. Feminists rule the roost here and until that significantly changes, you won't see a dime from me.

ignore

it's your friend

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...I would subscribe if certain viewpoints or just mere topics could be discussed without the attendant lynchmob.
That's called a blog. We have blogs available here. You should start one.

Points are ignored with character assassination being the mode of choice instead.
Is it that a) you can't help being ironic, b) you don't actually read your own posts, or c) you really aren't reading other people's posts?

The topics that get this treatment usually touch on feminism in some way.
But where you're concerned what doesn't?

Feminists rule the roost here and until that significantly changes, you won't see a dime from me.
Well, until you stop talking about women we won't see a coherent point from you, apparently...so that's fair. :plain:

ClimateSanity

Is it that a) you can't help being ironic, b) you don't actually read your own posts, or c) you really aren't reading other people's posts?

Well, until you stop talking about women we won't see a coherent point from you, apparently...so that's fair. :plain:

I was perfectly coherent and you haven't nukkified a thing I said. You know I am talking about your friends. That's why you replied in such a manner. I don't need to blog. I am asking for people not to behave like animals and you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's not going on now but it did in the fall. That's when certain topics were dared to be breached. It's peaceful now because they enacted censorship via their lunch mob behavior. Voila.... No more topics that cause them unease.

ClimateSanity

Can't stop talking about women?????? I'm talking about the few of them who rule the roost here. I havent talked about your friends since last year and I never speak of women in general, so that was just character assassination on your part as usual.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was perfectly coherent and you haven't nukkified a thing I said.
Coherent isn't about grammar, it's about content...though using a non-existent word to counter probably wasn't your best bet. In any event, you should consider a blog. Then you wouldn't have to ignore engagement, worry about calls to produce an argument of parts or supportive fact. You've demonstrated a propensity for stepping around that anyway, so why not go whole hog?

You know I am talking about your friends.
I know you're talking about some of them. I don't believe what you're saying about them to be true and I haven't seen you support your contentions on that line.

That's why you replied in such a manner. I don't need to blog.
You do if you only want to hear echoes of your own thoughts. Supra.

I am asking for people not to behave like animals and you know exactly what I'm talking about.
I don't think your description is supportable...you should astound people and try doing that...or you should consider a blog.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Coherent isn't about grammar, it's about content...though using a non-existent word to counter probably wasn't your best bet. In any event, you should consider a blog. Then you wouldn't have to ignore engagement, worry about calls to produce an argument of parts or supportive fact. You've demonstrated a propensity for stepping around that anyway, so why not go whole hog?

I know you're talking about some of them. I don't believe what you're saying about them to be true and I haven't seen you support your contentions on that line.

You do if you only want to hear echoes of your own thoughts. Supra.

I don't think your description is supportable...you should astound people and try doing that...or you should consider a blog.
Bloggety blog blog

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was perfectly coherent and you haven't nukkified a thing I said. You know I am talking about your friends. That's why you replied in such a manner. I don't need to blog. I am asking for people not to behave like animals and you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's not going on now but it did in the fall. That's when certain topics were dared to be breached. It's peaceful now because they enacted censorship via their lunch mob behavior. Voila.... No more topics that cause them unease.
Actually I responded as strongly because I literally conflated your posts with Cruc's. I don't agree with you, but if I hadn't been thinking of Cruc I would have responded differently when you started in on the feminism bit and a few friends. I could have taken exception as easily without the heavier hand.

So, when I get something wrong I own it and I should have responded differently to your post in disagreement. My apologies on the point.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I was perfectly coherent and you haven't nukkified a thing I said.

"Nukkified"? Oh, you mean nullified?

You know I am talking about your friends. That's why you replied in such a manner. I don't need to blog. I am asking for people not to behave like animals and you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's not going on now but it did in the fall. That's when certain topics were dared to be breached. It's peaceful now because they enacted censorship via their lunch mob behavior. Voila.... No more topics that cause them unease.

"Lunch mob"? You mean lynch mob?

So... you want censorship of those you don't like - even while you're lamenting censorship?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
pay attention to spell check :mock: nukkified

:mock: lunch mob

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Despite this, you march on towards over 1700 posts. My OP is related to one's obvious ongoing participation (e.g., over 500 posts) at a venue despite one's opinion of others. Let's say you show up to my open house where all are invited. I am not expecting you to show up with offerings in hand to contribute to the goings on at my house. That said, if you show up day after day after day, despite being apparently annoyed by others present, one would think it is just good manners to eventually show up with something that materially contributes (not just your munificent presence) to the goings on. In some way, it is obvious the benefits of showing up to you outweigh the disadvantages of others who annoy you, else why show up time and again? :AMR:

The coins one drops in a cup at the end of a day out and about, when accumulated monthly, will likely cover the $3 monthly cost of a subscription.

AMR

ClimateSanity

Despite this, you march on towards over 1700 posts. My OP is related to one's obvious ongoing participation (e.g., over 500 posts) at a venue despite one's opinion of others. Let's say you show up to my open house where all are invited. I am not expecting you to show up with offerings in hand to contribute to the goings on at my house. That said, if you show up day after day after day, despite being apparently annoyed by others present, one would think it is just good manners to eventually show up with something that materially contributes (not just your munificent presence) to the goings on. In some way, it is obvious the benefits of showing up to you outweigh the disadvantages of others who annoy you, else why show up time and again? :AMR:

The coins one drops in a cup at the end of a day out and about, when accumulated monthly, will likely cover the $3 monthly cost of a subscription.

AMR
I show up for the people I like. I only give money if my haters are gone.