why do liberals ALWAYS take the side of the vile?

genuineoriginal

Obviously you ignored the NT concept of having the one without sin initiate the execution, and the fact that that execution never occurred.
No, I did not ignore the fact that Jesus refused to sin against the requirements of the Law and that is why the execution never occurred.
The man was not brought for judgment, the eyewitnesses were nowhere to be found, and the eyewitnesses were the ones that were supposed to throw the first stone, not Jesus.

The Old was given as a lesson to teach us that we are all incapable of fulfilling it.
Do you think God was lying when He told the people He made the covenant with that fulfilling it was within their reach?

Not only that, you go on to claim that you are more deserving than anyone who doesn't own land, any transient (which Christ and his disciples all were), any foreigner (which Christ and his followers all were from time to time), or the poor, hungry and prisoners (all of which Christ was throughout his life).
Show me in the Bible where Jesus said that transients, foreigners, poor, hungry, and prisoners have the right to vote?
You can't do it.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
This is very strange to me, but then liberals are strange

They always take the side of the evil ones in any discussion

The conservatives take the side of the (true) victims, such as

911 victims. The liberals, on the other hand, say that we should "empathize with our enemies" the terrorists.

HUH? What? :dizzy::dizzy:

and of course, we shouldn't slam the poor dears against the wall or put them in coffins with bugs or waterboard them, even though no one has DIED from those "torture" methods. 911 victims actually died, but that doesn't seem to phaze these people (using the term loosely).

When an abortionist is shot, which unfortunately does not happen very often (OK, ok...), the liberals are just SOOO distraught over this poor man's death, and, as is the MO, totally forget about the babies he has been butchering on a daily basis.

Hey, it was mutilation and murder for a good cause (women like Jillian do not want to mess up their bodies by having... Yikes! Children). So, abortionists are heroes :dizzy:

++
They "always" take the evil side? ALWAYS? Every singe time?. Words like always, never, everyone, etc. are short-sighted communication. Very rarely is anyone or any group ALWAYS anything.

Life is much more than black/white, either/or qualities.

Truth is found in the middle. It is found highlighting the conflict between opposing ideologies. As you get older, you are blessed by God to see the nuance and complexity in human life.

It is only dictators and tyrannies that insist on a short-sighted view of always, never, every time, etc. When I hear or read such things, I usually want to walk away or turn the page.

We need to grow up (me included). Humankind has to be able to solve conflicts without giving in passively or fighting back violently.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Correct.
The only governmental system mentioned by Jesus is a monarchy.
Jesus used the Roman Empire and its power and he was eventually put to death by the Romans and the elite priests of Judaism.

The powers and principalities of this world are real and harmful.
Jesus died for his vision of compassion, fairness and respect by God for his creation. The Empire killed him but he had the final say.

The monarchy (calling Jesus "Lord" and "King") came from the King James translation of the Bible. The king made darned sure his panel of scholars knew full well that authority and empire should always have the upper hand and the power. The scholars knew well where their bread was buttered by. Paul who lived under Roman rule knew this as well. There are many passages within his letters that support authority and government. Biblical scholars have long known that some of Paul's letters were written by others who wrote in Paul's name. This is how many ancient people passed on the wisdom of others--by adding the name "Paul" to the writing they were claiming that their gospel was as important as the authentic letters.

People do the same about Jesus today. He has become anti-welfare, anti-gay, and pro-rich. But these are human terms and words that Christians today have responded to Jesus after his death.

republicanchick

They "always" take the evil side? ALWAYS? Every singe time?. Words like always, never, everyone, etc. are short-sighted communication. Very rarely is anyone or any group ALWAYS anything.

Life is much more than black/white, either/or qualities.

Truth is found in the middle. It is found highlighting the conflict between opposing ideologies. As you get older, you are blessed by God to see the nuance and complexity in human life.

It is only dictators and tyrannies that insist on a short-sighted view of always, never, every time, etc. When I hear or read such things, I usually want to walk away or turn the page.

We need to grow up (me included). Humankind has to be able to solve conflicts without giving in passively or fighting back violently.

this is so wrong

the liberals are by very definition, on the WRONG side of truth.

one good example: you are either FOR murdering the unborn or you are AGAINST

if you are FOR, then you are vile

it's really very simple

Arthur Brain

Show me in the Bible where Jesus said that transients, foreigners, poor, hungry, and prisoners have the right to vote?
You can't do it.

On the flip side where does it say in the Bible that they're expressly disallowed to do so or even mentions voting at all? Can you show that?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
go writes:
You can't do it.

Show us where He said that you have to own property to vote. And by now, you're surely aware that everyone is on to your "foreigners voting" dishonesty. Why not just give that up?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Correct.
The only governmental system mentioned by Jesus is a monarchy.

You're not actually going to only support things he mentioned, right?

You are so clueless, callous, insensitive, and out of touch with reality that it's really hard to believe you're not trolling. Giving you the benefit of the doubt (hey, why not; it's Christmas, even for rotten little snobs like you) I think you're genuine, enough, but you sure ain't original. Hard-hearted stuffed shirts with their noses in the air have always existed and always will.

You're on the side of Dives, GO, and here's a hint: He wasn't the hero of that story.

Your shtick here hasn't fooled anybody.

genuineoriginal

The monarchy (calling Jesus "Lord" and "King") came from the King James translation of the Bible. The king made darned sure his panel of scholars knew full well that authority and empire should always have the upper hand and the power.

It appears that you haven't actually read the words of Jesus that I was referring to.
In some Bibles those words are marked by red letters, like this:

Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Here is the definition from Wiktionary (a non-Biblical reference site)
_____
βασιλεία

From βασιλεύω "I rule, I am king"

1. Lit. "Place of the king." A royal palace.
2. A kingdom, a dominion
3. A hereditary monarchy
4. The office of king
_____​

Jesus spoke often of a king and a kingdom, but never spoke of voting.

genuineoriginal

On the flip side where does it say in the Bible that they're expressly disallowed to do so or even mentions voting at all? Can you show that?

Yes. Here is a passage about popular vote:

Matthew 27:15-26
15 Now at that feast the governor was wont to release unto the people a prisoner, whom they would.
16 And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.
17 Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
18 For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.
19 When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.
20 But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.
21 The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas.
22 Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.
23 And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.
24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.​

Caledvwlch

Yes. Here is a passage about popular vote:

Matthew 27:15-26
15 Now at that feast the governor was wont to release unto the people a prisoner, whom they would.
16 And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.
17 Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
18 For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.
19 When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.
20 But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.
21 The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas.
22 Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.
23 And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.
24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.​

No. That passage is not about popular vote. It's about a crass, sadistic spectacle, not people governing themselves by choosing their leaders.

genuineoriginal

And by now, you're surely aware that everyone is on to your "foreigners voting" dishonesty. Why not just give that up?
I see you support illegal immigrants voting for Democrats.
Democrats Benefit From Illegal Immigrant Voting

It stands to reason that illegal immigrants who are illegally registered to vote would have a very real stake in seeing to it that Republicans do not come to power with their far right ideas about requiring proof of citizenship to vote (which has been required since the founding of the Republic) and to be employed in this country. After all, if these laws were seriously enforced, it might be intolerable for illegal immigrants to live in the U.S. They would, presumably, lose employment, subsidized medical care, and the right to vote for candidates for will perpetuate such a way of life.​

genuineoriginal

You're not actually going to only support things he mentioned, right?
No I support all the things Jesus supported, even if He didn't mention them, since it is easy to find the rest of what Jesus supported in the Old Testament.

You are so clueless, callous, insensitive, and out of touch with reality that it's really hard to believe you're not trolling.

Your shtick here hasn't fooled anybody.
You are projecting, again. :chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
No I support all the things Jesus supported, even if He didn't mention them, since it is easy to find the rest of what Jesus supported in the Old Testament.

So simple you guys have been fighting about it for 2,000 years. Sounds like a real piece of cake.:yawn:

I'm not the one trashing the poor and needy during Christmastime, pal.

genuineoriginal

No. That passage is not about popular vote. It's about a crass, sadistic spectacle, not people governing themselves by choosing their leaders.

Maybe you prefer secular sources?
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."
~ Elmer T. Peterson,​