Why "Conversion Therapy" Should Be Illegal

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
sjAZjrxoZOzagUh-1600x900-noPad.jpg

There are no reputable medical studies that suggest that an individual's sexual orientation is a conscious decision - the train has left the station long ago on "conversion therapy" and inot expected to return anytime soon!

While "conversion therapy" has not produced verifiable successes, it is associated with higher rates of depression, drug use and suicide!

Danoh

sjAZjrxoZOzagUh-1600x900-noPad.jpg

There are no reputable medical studies that suggest that an individual's sexual orientation is a conscious decision - the train has left the station long ago on "conversion therapy" and inot expected to return anytime soon!

While "conversion therapy" has not produced verifiable successes, it is associated with higher rates of depression, drug use and suicide!

Where one looks at any thing from, will greatly impact what one is able to discern or not, even as those hidden laws behind one phenomena or another, play out, right before one's very eyes.

Further, there is such a thing, as Unconscious decision making.

It is just a matter of where one looks at things from, and in light of.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I knew I saw girls in a different way to boys long before puberty and adolescence kicked in. It's not simply about "sex". The innate attraction to the opposite sex was already wired.

You are the one who used the word sexual. Homosexual to be exact. Now you are trying to back away from it.

I maintain that no one is born homosexual. A 1 day old baby is a-sexual.

Arthur Brain

You are the one who used the word sexual. Homosexual to be exact. Now you are trying to back away from it.

I maintain that no one is born homosexual. A 1 day old baby is a-sexual.

The terms "heterosexual" and "homosexual" aren't relating to sexual activity but orientation so I'm not backing away from anything and you really should be aware of this.

I knew which way my attractions lay long before puberty kicked in and I suspect you did yourself.

Danoh

The terms "heterosexual" and "homosexual" aren't relating to sexual activity but orientation so I'm not backing away from anything and you really should be aware of this.

I knew which way my attractions lay long before puberty kicked in and I suspect you did yourself.

Food for thought, AB...

One's assessment of what one "knew" or knew not, back then does not necessarily right off ensure that what ever meaning one is reading into said past is sound, or not.

Depends on where one is looking back at such things from. As well as on where one has unknowingly failed to.

One cannot but read bias into that kind of thing.

Informed, or not. Ill-informed, or not. Much more well-rounded, or not.

Even when learning to read into such things the bias supposedly confirmed "sound" by one school of thought or another.

It remains obvious to me you are not looking at these things from a much more fully informed picture.

Case in point...

Just because at some point in their lives, so called "straight" little boys and girls for a time react to one another as "ew yucky" does not mean they were born with that response.

All that is, is an Unconscious, often momentary assignment of meaning, and an equally often momentary belief formation about cause-effect and about boundaries in reaction to what they are experiencing.

Their precious minds are ever engaged in all sorts of these kinds of belief formation about all kinds of things and experiences, as they engage with the world around them.

And where researchers look at such things from as well as where they fail to, will greatly impact what they come to believe they have observed.

Heck, look at how often even some rather sharp minds on some things on here are so often prone to mis-reading a thing.

You're fooling yourself if you think your "accredited science" is not also often prone to those kinds of mis-reads into a thing.

Now you be careful, now, what you allow yourself to read into my above.

:chuckle:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
What do you call a transgender that’s attracted to another transgender of the opposite transgender? An obama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur Brain

Food for thought, AB...

One's assessment of what one "knew" or knew not, back then does not necessarily right off ensure that what ever meaning one is reading into said past is sound, or not.

Depends on where one is looking back at such things from. As well as on where one has unknowingly failed to.

One cannot but read bias into that kind of thing.

Informed, or not. Ill-informed, or not. Much more well-rounded, or not.

Even when learning to read into such things the bias supposedly confirmed "sound" by one school of thought or another.

It remains obvious to me you are not looking at these things from a much more fully informed picture.

Case in point...

Just because at some point in their lives, so called "straight" little boys and girls for a time react to one another as "ew yucky" does not mean they were born with that response.

All that is, is an Unconscious, often momentary assignment of meaning, and an equally often momentary belief formation about cause-effect and about boundaries in reaction to what they are experiencing.

Their precious minds are ever engaged in all sorts of these kinds of belief formation about all kinds of things and experiences, as they engage with the world around them.

And where researchers look at such things from as well as where they fail to, will greatly impact what they come to believe they have observed.

Heck, look at how often even some rather sharp minds on some things on here are so often prone to mis-reading a thing.

You're fooling yourself if you think your "accredited science" is not also often prone to those kinds of mis-reads into a thing.

Now you be careful, now, what you allow yourself to read into my above.

It's a question of not so much "knowing" at a younger age but possibly rather with hindsight as an adult if that helps any. There was obviously nothing sexual about an attraction to the opposite sex at age five but even then there was certainly something different about how I saw girls than boys. That simply escalated as the years grew and puberty and adolescence developed. It's not a case of "bias" for me or choice. I'm simply attracted solely to the opposite sex and that's it. Many people will tell you the exact same thing.

We can all be prone to misreading at times, even into aspects of our own lives but some things are crystal clear and can't be denied by the same token.

Where it comes to conversion therapy, there's every reason to be cynical of the practice as there's no reputable source that can confirm its efficacy and there are plenty sources that show that it's caused considerable harm and even former practitioners are underlining that.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
I have a different perspective.
I don't ask WHY one does perverted things, I just want them to stop doing perverted things in civilized society.

Just like I don't wonder about whether there is a cure for rapists or not, I just want them to stop regardless if they were 'born that way' or for any other reason.

The problem with a society that starts allowing perversions (killing babies, adultery, homosexuality, stealing, etc.) as the norm, then I no longer think of it as civilized, but a multicultural cauldron of wickedness.

Welcome to Caligula's Rome.

Arthur Brain

I don't ask WHY one does perverted things, I just want them to stop doing perverted things in civilized society.

Just like I don't wonder about whether there is a cure for rapists or not, I just want them to stop regardless if they were 'born that way' or for any other reason.

The problem with a society that starts allowing perversions (killing babies, adultery, homosexuality, stealing, etc.) as the norm, then I no longer think of it as civilized, but a multicultural cauldron of wickedness.

How exactly would you expect a homosexual to "stop" exactly? Pretend to be straight?

Danoh

How exactly would you expect a homosexual to "stop" exactly? Pretend to be straight?

What if one of simply does not agree with one's "being that way"?

Would you deny such an individual that just because you hold the idea one is born that way and or that there is no such thing as a means of solving for that kind of a thing?

Danoh

The thing to do when wondering why one's car won't start is to look into why and how to possibly solve for that.

One can want the darn thing to start all one might want to.

Stuck there is where such an one, will remain.

Such an outlook is not the way of solving for anything in life.

Arthur Brain

What if one of simply does not agree with one's "being that way"?

Then "one" should realize that people who are homosexual are going to carry on being that way regardless of "one's" views.

Would you deny such an individual that just because you hold the idea one is born that way and or that there is no such thing as a means of solving for that kind of a thing?

You can hold whatever opinion you want and air it also. Doesn't mean it has to be taken seriously.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
By not doing the perverted deed.

It's perversion.

Having a natural born desire for little pre-teen girls is a perversion also.
We certainly don't tell them that it's ok they were born that way.

Same with any perversion.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
The thing to do when wondering why one's car won't start is to look into why and how to possibly solve for that.
A car is man-made and mechanical, not a living being.
A car cannot make the decision to run through the mud or through the car wash.
It can only go where it is forced to go.
Dumb comparison.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
:doh:

Try not to make dumb comparisons just to be argumentative.
Oh wait, once dumb and argumentative, always dumb and argumentative.
So nevermind.
Danoh be Danoh.

Danoh

that seems a bit presumptuous

what if the car had decided to self-identitfy as a junker?

shouldn't you respect that?

If such is the case, then off to the junk yard such a car must needs be allowed to end up at, lol

Then again, one man's INTERPRETATION OF "junk auto" is often INTERPRETED by another - in this case, the Junkyard Auto owner - as MEANING - $$$.

Arthur Brain

By not doing the perverted deed.

It's perversion.

Having a natural born desire for little pre-teen girls is a perversion also.
We certainly don't tell them that it's ok they were born that way.

Same with any perversion.

What difference does it make to you if two consenting homosexual adults, men or women have a romantic and sexual relationship? None is what.

Danoh

Try not to make dumb comparisons just to be argumentative.
Oh wait, once dumb and argumentative, always dumb and argumentative.
So nevermind.
Danoh be Danoh.

As usual, my post was just above your paygrade.

You're probably still stuck on what that passage in Genesis 11 was going on about.

Rom. 5:6-8.