Why "Conversion Therapy" Should Be Illegal

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
What difference does it make to you if two consenting homosexual adults, men or women have a romantic and sexual relationship?
Simple.
Consenting is not the issue of whether It is perversion.
Lot's of folks 'consent' to perversion.
If one can turn a blind eye to one perversion, might as well turn a blind eye to all perversion.
Live and let live.

Arthur Brain

Simple.
Consenting is not the issue of whether It is perversion.
Lot's of folks 'consent' to perversion.
If one can turn a blind eye to one perversion, might as well turn a blind eye to all perversion.
Live and let live.

You may regard something as perverse for religious or personal reasons but that shouldn't mean that the rest of society should accommodate you. If I recall, you think it's perverse for heterosexual couples to live together without being married? Many don't and in a free society they have and should have the right to live as they see fit within the law. There's a good reason why there's a separation of church and state in that regard.

Live and let live indeed, provided children and the vulnerable in society etc aren't being violated and abused. You're still free to exercise your belief just as others are to theirs.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why would anyone advocate a treatment program for a healthy person? Isn't that the same thing as saying gays are mentally ill?

Homosexuality used to be considered a mental illness.

Then a bunch of perverts voted it off the list of mental illnesses.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I knew I saw girls in a different way to boys long before puberty and adolescence kicked in. It's not simply about "sex". The innate attraction to the opposite sex was already wired.
Duh, because God created them (from the beginning of creation) male and female.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You may regard something as perverse for religious or personal reasons but that shouldn't mean that the rest of society should accommodate you. If I recall, you think it's perverse for heterosexual couples to live together without being married? Many don't and in a free society they have and should have the right to live as they see fit within the law. There's a good reason why there's a separation of church and state in that regard.

Live and let live indeed, provided children and the vulnerable in society etc aren't being violated and abused. You're still free to exercise your belief just as others are to theirs.
Up until a few decades ago, homosexuality WAS A CRIME (which, according to your standards, meant that the rest of society DISAPPROVED of such behavior), and had remained so for 3500 years.

It wasn't until the "equality" movements that the perverts realized they could do the same and since then have largely legalized it.

Just because a crime is legal doesn't make it any less of a crime.

Arthur Brain

Oh get real.
What they do is downright filthy by any civilized standard.
One doesn't have to be religious to see how filthy it is.

Hmm, let me guess, this is about a particular sexual act that not all male homosexuals indulge in and plenty heterosexual couples do? It bemuses me the fixation some people have with it. I saw a documentary recently where Stephen Fry was doing a radio show in Uganda and a pastor wouldn't stop going on about anal sex. When Fry said that he'd never done it and many other homosexual men didn't either the pastor almost had an aneurysm...

Arthur Brain

Up until a few decades ago, homosexuality WAS A CRIME (which, according to your standards, meant that the rest of society DISAPPROVED of such behavior), and had remained so for 3500 years.

It wasn't until the "equality" movements that the perverts realized they could do the same and since then have largely legalized it.

Just because a crime is legal doesn't make it any less of a crime.

A few decades ago it was all okay to force black people to sit at the back of a bus so it's not much of an argument. Should never have been a crime in the first place and society is no longer draconian like that. Progress is a good thing.

:)