Why "Conversion Therapy" Should Be Illegal

Arthur Brain

So long as you think you are asking the right questions to a thing, not only will you remain unable to see, or at least possibly consider the obvious, but continue to reveal your approach is off.

Of course, I have at times chosen to be (to fool myself into believing I was) attracted to someone.

But you asked a poor question, which makes my answer, a poor answer, when considered from within the obviously limited frame of reference within which you asked your question.

A much more fully informed question would be one based more on something along a line of the following, wider frame of reference - actually an absolute fact of life and what it implies about other, closely related areas in life...

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a13084686/is-thinking-of-someone-else-during-sex-normal/

Okay, dunno what's going on here as I replied to this about ten minutes ago and posted elsewhere and a whole bunch of recent replies just disappeared so who knows how long this one will last...

It's only a "poor" question in as much as you would have preferred another one seemingly. It was a straightforward one, one which I would have had no difficulty in answering.

No, I've never had any control in who I've been attracted to and I didn't choose to be heterosexual and exclusively attracted to the opposite sex either. Simply the way it is. It's not necessary to overcomplicate things when some aspects of life can actually just be that simple.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Okay, dunno what's going on here as I replied to this about ten minutes ago and posted elsewhere and a whole bunch of recent replies just disappeared so who knows how long this one will last...

It's only a "poor" question in as much as you would have preferred another one seemingly. It was a straightforward one, one which I would have had no difficulty in answering.

No, I've never had any control in who I've been attracted to and I didn't choose to be heterosexual and exclusively attracted to the opposite sex either. Simply the way it is. It's not necessary to overcomplicate things when some aspects of life can actually just be that simple.

Exactly. And you go by scripture to find out what is and what is not sinning. Thus if one is born with a sinful tendency that person needs to repent and seek deliverance from God thru the Messiah. Quit making excuses for bad behavior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur Brain

Exactly. And you go by scripture to find out what is and what is not sinning. Thus if one is born with a sinful tendency that person needs to repent and seek deliverance from God thru the Messiah. Quit making excuses for bad behavior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone is born homosexual then they ain't responsible for it. You are just a moron.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
No one is born homosexual because no one is born sexual.
Responses to puberty and progressive sexuality are learned and often conditioned by others.

this is the lie the left pushes - it removes responsibility for the actions of those who are "born" into whatever perversion they want to embrace and force society to accept

it will be the thin tip of the wedge that will inevitably lead to societal acceptance of pedophilia in our lifetime

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
this is the lie the left pushes - it removes responsibility for the actions of those who are "born" into whatever perversion they want to embrace and force society to accept

it will be the thin tip of the wedge that will inevitably lead to societal acceptance of pedophilia in our lifetime

We are well past the thin edge in my opinion.
That was years ago.

We may not see pedophilia but it will come eventually.

Arthur Brain

No one is born homosexual because no one is born sexual.
Responses to puberty and progressive sexuality are learned and often conditioned by others.

I knew I saw girls in a different way to boys long before puberty and adolescence kicked in. It's not simply about "sex". The innate attraction to the opposite sex was already wired.

Arthur Brain

Someone I know who's gay - his mom and dad recognized very early on what they were seeing in their young son.

Same with a lad I knew at primary school. The mistake some of the more zealous often seem to make is confusing an innate attraction with actual sex. Adolescence and the onset of puberty simply develops the attraction to the next step.

Danoh

Someone I know who's gay - his mom and dad recognized very early on what they were seeing in their young son.

Hey, anna, hope all is well with you...

For starters, you might want to re-read that chapter on Commitment and Consistency in your pdf copy of Cialdini's classic work "Influence."

:)

Rom. 5:6-8

Kit the Coyote

Google, download, and read...

The Introduction in this book:

Pdf Time Line Therapy And The Basis of Personality Tad James

And Chapter VI in this book:

Pdf Anthony Robbins UNLIMITED POWER -

(The actual book, not the notes to the audio course)

Thank you, I've added them to my reading list. What I have seen so far reminds me of Dianetics. I look forward to seeing how NLP stands up when the hard work is done.

Kit the Coyote

if that's God's will, so be it :idunno:

would you risk prison to save the souls of others?

So now that I've had some time to think about this. I want to thank you for taking one of my extreme examples and pushing it even further out to illustrate the point.

We know what history and science say about trepanation, we know with absolute certainty that it does not work.

So you say you would gladly hold a person down and do this to them and suggest it is to save his soul. But if it does not work how is his soul saved? If anything since brain damage and death is real possibilities, the only thing you might achieve is removing any future chance to save the said soul?

You could not have illustrated my point better if you agreed with me. Thank You.