Why Calvinist, Catholics, Muslims, Others are Lost

Robert Pate

Banned
No, no...

:nono:

I believe all three are true.

Your arguments against God's "justice" are based on human wisdom, and that's why they fail.

And apparently, according to you, neither can the bible be trusted.

:nono:

Repent Robert.

Human wisdom? How about plain old common sense.

Has it ever occured to you that there is no scripture in the bible about God predestinating anyone to heaven or to hell?

Any God that saves some and damns the rest to hell is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant. Plain and simple.

musterion

Any God that saves some and damns the rest to hell is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant. Plain and simple.

Only if He pretends they chose to reject Him when He made it impossible for them to choose what He is damning them for not choosing, because he never intended to save them. Which Calvin's god does.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Human wisdom? How about plain old common sense.

Has it ever occured to you that there is no scripture in the bible about God predestinating anyone to heaven or to hell?

You don't understand the nature of Calvinism and predestination.

To be against it, you have to concede to an idea that the ability you otherwise have to be faithful and persevere is inadequate. Calvinism does not follow with a concept that a person is innocent and that's it's God's fault.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
And there's the Hail Mary pass. "You just don't understand Calvinism."

Exactly, you just don't. Plain and simple. Anyone who thinks Calvinism teaches that any person is just an innocent victim of God without an ability of faith is errant.
Tulip IS the gospel- 'election' and 'predestination' is laced all throughout the Bible, and almost nowhere outside of Reformed doctrine. It's called 'reformed', as it renews Christianity from all the centuries of heresy and theological shenanigans.

musterion

Exactly, you just don't. Plain and simple. Anyone who thinks Calvinism teaches that any person is just an innocent victim of God without an ability of faith is errant.
Tulip IS the gospel- 'election' and 'predestination' is laced all throughout the Bible, and almost nowhere outside of Reformed doctrine.

Wrong. Those whom Calvinists call reprobates...those God chose not to elect unto salvation, those He does not grace with regeneration and saving faith, those to whom he made the blood of Christ unavailable...yet whom (in the Bible) He holds responsible for rejecting His Son. They prove you slander God and erected a lying idol in His place.

Don't tell me what I don't understand.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Wrong. Those whom Calvinists call reprobates...those God chose not to elect unto salvation, those He does not grace with regeneration and saving faith, those to whom he made the blood of Christ unavailable...yet whom (in the Bible) He holds responsible for rejecting His Son. They prove you slander God and erected a lying idol in His place.

Don't tell me what I don't understand.

If you do not believe that God is sovereign, then you cannot receive grace. You may as well believe in Shiva. God holds you responsible because your reprobate state is your own served depravity. You believe your 'free will' is subjected to the ultimacy of God- and that is, in and of itself, a reproach to God.

Non-Calvinists like to compartmentalize and conflict God- Christ will get you to Heaven, by overriding the Father with your will apart from his.. :nono:

musterion

If you do not believe that God is sovereign, then you cannot receive grace.

1. Define 'sovereign.'

2. Define what 'receive grace' means.

3. Show where Paul say the lost must believe in your definition of sovereignty to 'receive grace.'

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Who can say? I do know he has devoured all of Brimsmead's writings. ;)

Robert refuses to attend church, denies the inerrancy of Scripture, thinks the doctrine of Hell is questionable, thinks God does not see what is going on, and so much more. Why would anyone take seriously a man who has these views?

AMR
That's the meaning of false prophet, the wolf