WHY ARE SOME POSTERS SECRETIVE ABOUT WHAT CHURCH THEY'RE AFFILIATED WITH?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your reasoning is all perverted. After all, you are follow of Calvin, the murderer.

The point is that your use of a passage with the "Jesus says..." ought to comport with what He actually said and not what you happen to think He said. You have it wrong and should be open to correction.

Rather obey Jesus by ceasing to use that passage as an excuse to avoid local assembly for corporate worship, receive instruction, access the ordinary means of grace via Word and sacrament, and be subject to discipline.

AMR

Danoh

I don't attend church building. My family is my church. Jesus says where there are two or three gather in His name He will be there.

I don't belong to any organization or denomination because Jesus commands us to be perfect. This is my observation that most churches, if not all, have some kind of gimmicky doctrine or practice. We don't want anything to do with these.

We cannot aim to be perfect if we are with imperfect church.

I partly agree with you. I know of plenty of Mid-Acts people who do not regularly attend a local assembly.

Their collective reason - how off in every aspect the one size fits all "gospel" out there makes worshipping the Lord according to the revelation of the Mystery.

A moderately "Reformed" Pastor friend of mine recently invited me to their assembly, for example.

Everything about it felt so out of place; doctrinally.

A Baptist Preacher friend of mine invited me to their assembly.

Felt like I was at a sporting event; the glorying in the wisdom of men taken as glorying in the Lord.

"Back home" I feel "right at home" where it matters - doctrinally.

No matter where that might be; and no matter the head count.

This "issue" is also an issue related in Scripture.

That some might abuse it as an excuse is a given; but that that automatically means all those out there "without the camp" of all that nonsense out there are abusing it; is ignorance.

Both groups might appear as not wanting to be held accountable.

The reality is that one of those two simply does not want to be held in the bondage that is the notions of men.

Its hypocrisy ever obvious; especially to those in great need.

I still recall a young man I was once witnessing to who appeared really mixed up in his sense of direction.

Turned out he had struggled with an addiction; but had been ostracized through the Word, rather than counseled through the Word.

Later, I ran into someone who turned out happened to be from the assembly that young man had fallen from. When I mentioned him to them, they self-righteously said to me; together in just the right pruned up face and tone of voice "yeah, he used to go to our church, but returned to his vomit...."

They then had the nerve to not only not ask about how he'd been doing, but to invite me to their services!

You can bet I let them have it for their shame.

In short, only the ignorant turn these issues into black and white.

Your post has some valid points in it Meshak; I don't need to disagree with your every word just for the sake of doing so.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
You have to wonder why some posters refuse to divulge
what church or denomination they're affiliated with?

Because Leftist (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10) isn't a selection option. When they choose "left more than right" we know that they are no Christian. :reals:

"If you can sin, you're not God's child. You can fool everybody else but you can't fool him." ~ J. Vernon McGee

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Both groups might appear as not wanting to be held accountable.

We are all accountable whether with denomination, organization or any group. We can run but we cannot hide.

Your post has some valid points in it Meshak; I don't need to disagree with your every word just for the sake of doing so.

Thank you. I hope you read my posts. I will bring up some of my old threads and please join me.

Blessings.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The point is that your use of a passage with the "Jesus says..." ought to comport with what He actually said and not what you happen to think He said. You have it wrong and should be open to correction.

Rather obey Jesus by ceasing to use that passage as an excuse to avoid local assembly for corporate worship, receive instruction, access the ordinary means of grace via Word and sacrament, and be subject to discipline.

AMR

Your doctrines are all based on Calvin's faith. It is corrupt. The Truth is not in violent or vicious Christians.

Jesus is Prince of peace, he was killed, not killed anyone.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I don't attend church building. My family is my church. Jesus says where there are two or three gather in His name He will be there.

I don't belong to any organization or denomination because Jesus commands us to be perfect. This is my observation that most churches, if not all, have some kind of gimmicky doctrine or practice. We don't want anything to do with these.

But, but, you booted your husband out and you say elsewhere that your children are worldly....

So really YOU are your denomination....funded by your estranged husband's military pension.

So really....you are full of shine

Mocking You

Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Whereas your gimmicky doctrine is that you don't need to attend church. Got it.

Danoh

Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching..

Words those they were written to had need to be mindful of as to one another; given the great persecution they were undergoing.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

So you dismiss Jesus' word?

We can serve God and Jesus without organization or denomination. Jesus left us His word to learn from Him.

It is also written "come out of Babylon, My people". It is clear to me that Jesus is talking about corrupt organizations.

Famous gimmicky doctrines are: Trinity, OSAS, Predestination, speaking in tongues, your works cannot save you, many Catholic doctrines.

I am sure there are many more.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

I agree with Meshak, it's better to have a religion without a church than a church without a saving religion.

Daniel1611

I agree with Meshak, it's better to have a religion without a church than a church without a saving religion.

If you have "biblical" beliefs and can't find a group of like minded people, you should wonder why you're getting a message from the book that no one else is.

HisServant

If you have "biblical" beliefs and can't find a group of like minded people, you should wonder why you're getting a message from the book that no one else is.

Divisions happen when you have egomaniacs straining at gnats and people stupid enough to follow them.

You seem to be very aquainted with devisive behavior.

Daniel1611

Divisions happen when you have egomaniacs straining at gnats and people stupid enough to follow them.

You seem to be very aquainted with devisive behavior.

I'm not divisive. If you believe in faith alone, the deity of Christ and the divine inspiration of the Bible, I say you're Christian even if we disagree on other doctrine.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

If you cannot discern the fruit people are producing, you ought to reexamine your faith.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit. If you know what Jesus teaches you should be able to know what kind of fruit the churches are producing as a whole.

Daniel1611

If you cannot discern the fruit people are producing, you ought to reexamine your faith.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit. If you know what Jesus teaches you should be able to know what kind of fruit the churches are producing as a whole.

Jesus said you will know a prophet by their fruit. Better go reread that chapter. You should find out what "fruit" is as well.

glorydaz

Haha. Exactly. The deity of our Lord is some insignificant issue I guess.

Case in point. Meshak is more interested in "fruit" than she is in confessing Jesus as her LORD and God....the only Saviour. She calls Him Lord but not God, not knowing that the LORD our God is ONE LORD. I doubt she's ever read this verse, or any verse past the Gospels for that matter. Poor lost soul. :nono:

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.​