WHY ARE SOME POSTERS SECRETIVE ABOUT WHAT CHURCH THEY'RE AFFILIATED WITH?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you stop most people on the sidewalk in America, and ask them, "What
religion are you?" They'll most likely tell you, "I'm a Christian but, not really
religious." That means, they wish to be known as a Christian but, have no real
relationship with the God of the Bible! That's the Testimony of a "lost"
individual.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A True Believer should ask such a person to explain what their 'form' of
Christianity means to them? Just to say: "I'm a Christian," is empty if
that person doesn't know how and why they're a Christian?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why are you a Christian? How did you become one?
Are you in the Body of Christ? Are you sealed, indwelt, and
baptized into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit? Christianity
is a "Spiritual work" of the Holy Spirit after we have placed
our faith in Jesus Christ as our personal Savior! That means, ALL
of our faith, in the Lord Jesus and the work of the Holy Spirit.
Water baptism will not save you. Church affiliation will not save you.
Good works and deeds will not save you.

glorydaz

Why are YOU and Christian, and Why are you a Christian?

Many people simply cannot believe God is so merciful as to save us without our doing something. They look for strings. They listen to satan who keeps telling them salvation is not a gift but something we have to earn. Which, of course, denies the work of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Eph. 2:7-8
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Many people simply cannot believe God is so merciful as to save us without our doing something. They look for strings. They listen to satan who keeps telling them salvation is not a gift but something we have to earn. Which, of course, denies the work of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Eph. 2:7-8
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

AMEN! Exceedingly truthful.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And once someone shares their denomination with other posters, they are vulnerable to attack.

If you are not mainstream churchgoer, you will be attacked and many don't like being attacked.

But it is kind of dishonesty by being secretive. It is cowardly and it is sin according to book of revelation.

You will be persecuted if you are Jesus' follower.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
So? They'll survive, will they not? Are you afraid to tell us and if
so, why?
They survive, but because they were abused they continue to unwittingly re-enact their own abuse onto others.

We treat others the same way we ourselves have been treated.

If a poster is deliberately cruel to others it is because s/he grew up in a family that was cruel.

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Why are you a Christian? How did you become one?
Being a Christian today is easy.

Just believe a packet of ancient theological statements and dogmatic stuff like "Son of God," "born of a virgin," "died for our sins," etc.

You don't have to suffer the slightest urge to change your own behavior. Just believe.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you are not mainstream churchgoer, you will be attacked and many don't like being attacked.

But it is kind of dishonesty by being secretive. It is cowardly and it is sin according to book of revelation.

You will be persecuted if you are Jesus' follower.

Just what *secrets* do you believe you are entitled to know?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Just what *secrets* do you believe you are entitled to know?

It is strange that I am the only one that you seem to have problem in this thread.

You don't have much credibility to join in this discussion because we are all claiming Jesus' name and you are not.

You are showing stalkers trait, dear.

HisServant

Why?... I believe denominationalism is evil.

1.) I believe that only faith in Christ is required and that works are evidence of that faith... but works merit nothing. We do works because of the new person we have become, not because we expect to receive a reward.

2.) I believe most Christians have exchanged walking with the spirit as being the basis of their faith for an intellectual knowledge.

3.) I tend to be Calvinistic, only due to the fact that I believe God is omnipresent and knows the beginning from the end... the end result is that he must have called his children by election. We certainly do not merit salvation... even the demons believe in Jesus and it does them no good.

4.) I am a staunch pacifist.

5.) I believe that end times eschatology is the greatest waste of time in Christianity... God is going to do what he is going to do and there is nothing we can do to change and or know about it. Even Jesus did not know.. are we smarter than Jesus?

6.) I believe that almost all churches are inward facing social clubs and have forsaken the single mandate all Christians have been given... preach the Gospel and lead people to Christ and tend to the poor and needy in our communities.

7.) I do not believe building churches is a wise use of the treasure God has given to us... I do not believe that paying a salary to a pastor is biblical or a wise use of his money. Missionaries and Gospel preachers whose entire job is preaching the gospel should be supported for a time.

8.) I believe that the scriptures can only be interpreted in their original languages and understood within the context and culture when they were written.

9.) I believe that quoting individual or groups of verses is the work of the devil. Scripture should be respected and the overall lesson of a particular book or chapter should be considered as the aim of the book... individual verses are not the basis of any doctrine.

10.) I do not believe water baptism is for today... I believe spiritual gifts still exist, but they are only given temporarily for a specific purpose... for example, Pentecostals babbling where no one can understand them is nothing more than making a mockery of God and is the work of the devil.

11.) I believe that any pastor that preaches to tithe or the prosperity gospel should be relieved of their positions.. as they are both false for Christians.

12.) I believe that we should shut up in the public forum and allow our actions to show the world who and what we really are...public protesting is nothing Jesus or the Apostles.. or early Christians did... we should live by they example and deal with the individual.

no 'denomination' fits me.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is strange that I am the only one that you seem to have problem in this thread.

GM has a specific question in regards to other people's religion and why they keep it secret.

You, OTOH, are notorious for making threads which seek info about the private lives of other members.