Who will answer my questions?

marhig

If one does not believe in the divinity of Jesus, the Christ, one is not a true Christian.
Really? Well according to the bible we are to believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, not that he is God. So who are you to judge others?

John 1:5

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

John 1:4

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

John 20

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name

John 11

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:*And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

And so do i believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God and that he is risen from the dead. So who are you to tell me and others like me that we don't belong to him? Show me the scriptures that says we don't belong to Christ unless we believe he's God?

popsthebuilder

I will answer you, Pops, not because I think you will give any credence to what I say, but because I love discussing the scripture, and this is an interesting study...regarding Christ's deity and humanity.

My personal belief is that Jesus, being God, knew all things, but as a man, He was not to "know so as to be able to speak" of those things He was to keep secret. He said He only spoke what the Father bid Him to speak, and He could only relate what the Father bid Him to relate. We see that cleared up somewhat after He had risen when He tells the apostles this:

Acts 1:6-7 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.​

Notice here He says He has not spoken of Himself....yet it would seem as though that was what He was doing in the verses you provided. My understanding would be that the Lord God provided all the words Jesus the man was to speak, and He was obedient in doing exactly that. Since no man was to know, He could honestly say He was included in that.

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.​

It wouldn't be the only time Jesus might be accused of being deceitful....just look at the parables. They were spoken so that some would not understand.
I'm not talking about after the resurrection.

If it wasn't for any man to know and Jesus didn't know because he too was a man then I have no further point or rebuttal.

But the reason isn't the issue; it is the fact that He did not know that is the issue.

So you seem to be admitting that He did not know, as a man. So we may be in agreement. As man Jesus was not omniscient or eternal; both are qualities of GOD in fullness. I'm not saying that Jesus wasn't GOD as man; I'm saying that as man he indeed was not the absolute fullness of GOD. Though the Spirit of GOD filled his vessel, He, while trapped within said vessel, was not the absolute fullness of GOD.

thank you for not accusing me of denying the deity of Christ. I do not. Christ is GOD as far as man can know.

popsthebuilder

pops, I have seen it explained to you over and over. You remain confused. I think that Trinity deniers, deniers of Christ being God, is a lack of faith. They don't believe that God did it, or could do it. They don't believe it's possible.
I just stated that Christ is GOD.

So who's confused?

One can spout nonsense from the rooftops all the days of their life. That doesn't mean it is magically factual and truthful just because someone told you so. I doesn't mean I am confused because I understand it differently. It doesn't mean trinitarians are right because they are the majority or mass. How do you conclude that I deny the divinity of the Christ when I expressly stated specifically otherwise?

If the Spirit of GOD filled man then it is safe to say that man was the physical manifestation of GOD.

As such, and per scripture; He, as man, was limited by that physical vessel that the Spirit of GOD chose before the foundation of the very earth.

As if GOD was ever wholly contained within a created vessel. If one actually consideres such they would see that it is wholly illogical and too not salvific. Why would GOD kill himself for a blood sacrifice to himself? How does belief in such bring about salvation?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

So who's confused?

One can spout nonsense from the rooftops all the days of their life. That doesn't mean it is magically factual and truthful just because someone told you so. I doesn't mean I am confused because I understand it differently. It doesn't mean trinitarians are right because they are the majority or mass. How do you conclude that I deny the divinity of the Christ when I expressly stated specifically otherwise?

If the Spirit of GOD filled man then it is safe to say that man was the physical manifestation of GOD.

As such, and per scripture; He, as man, was limited by that physical vessel that the Spirit of GOD chose before the foundation of the very earth.

As if GOD was ever wholly contained within a created vessel. If one actually consideres such they would see that it is wholly illogical and too not salvific. Why would GOD kill himself for a blood sacrifice to himself? How does belief in such bring about salvation?
I didn't know you changed your belief, sorry pops.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Really? Well according to the bible we are to believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, not that he is God. So who are you to judge others?

John 1:5

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

John 1:4

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

John 20

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name

John 11

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:*And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

And so do i believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God and that he is risen from the dead. So who are you to tell me and others like me that we don't belong to him? Show me the scriptures that says we don't belong to Christ unless we believe he's God?
You say you believe in Jesus, as Christ, yet not one with God and God. This is because you think of God as a person:mmph:

marhig

You say you believe in Jesus, as Christ, yet not one with God and God. This is because you think of God as a person:mmph:
Where did I say that Jesus isn't one with God? I've never said that, being one with God doesn't mean he is God. And we can be one with God too, as seen in John 17.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Where did I say that Jesus isn't one with God? I've never said that, being one with God doesn't mean he is God. And we can be one with God too, as seen in John 17.
I meant one with God, as being one in God, or God. You deny it, you are not saved. Simple deduction; all saved persons know this to be true.

glorydaz

Yes, seriously, glo

Your reply is not an answer to my question.

You are answering a question that does not remotely resemble what I have asked

So, I will ask it again, but I will narrow it down even further.

How does scripture describe Christ Jesus, our one mediator, in I Timothy 2:5?

a. God Christ Jesus

b. Godman Christ Jesus

c. fully God/fully man Christ Jesus

d. second person in the holy trinity Christ Jesus

e. God the Son Christ Jesus

f. the man Christ Jesus

What is so difficult about answering that question?

Either you can that scripture with comprehension or you cannot.

So far, you have not answered that question.

Why not? are you threatened by it?

How could you be possibly be threatened by it if indeed God is on your side and not on my side?

Is it wrong in your theology to admit what scripture actually says?

Are you not permitted to answer simple questions in your religion?

Romans 4:3a KJV

"What saith the scripture?"

Well, why not answer? What does the scripture say in I Timothy 2:5?

It scripture beneath you?

Isn't every word in scripture authored by God?

What saith the scripture?

All the rest of your reply I can deal with in due time, but why?

If you cannot admit that God calls the one mediator between God and men a man, which it plainly does, why would I believe your interpretation of the rest of the verses you used in your post aren't as willfully ignorant?

I was a defender of the trinity long time ago.

Then I started paying attention to wanting to know more, and scripture, instead of theology, came my way.

God fills those who hunger and thirst for righteousness and He certainly filled me to my personal capacity for righteousness. As I hunger and thirst for more He shall fill me with more.

Could God show me verses where He uses terms like "trinity, triune, Godman, fully God/fully man, etc." from what He authored?

Why doesn't God use those terms?

Is God's vocabulary deficient? But yours is not?

Are you wiser in vocabulary than God is?

Why didn't God use those terms to describe himself?

Since God wants us to come to the knowledge of the truth, why doesn't He use your favorite theological terms?

Why did Jesus speak in Parables? Your answer will be found there.

marhig

I meant one with God, as being one in God, or God. You deny it, you are not saved. Simple deduction; all saved persons know this to be true.
One with God or one in God is totally different to being God.

And according to the bible I'm to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and I do. Nowhere in the bible does it say that I must believe that Jesus is God to saved.

I can't believe that you can look down at others and say that they are not saved because they don't believe as you do, especially seeing as we are not told that we have to believe that Jesus is God, or that we have to believe in the trinity to be saved.

Watch how you judge others. You don't know their hearts, and as you judge, you are judged!

Jesus praying to the father. And this is life eternal.

John 17

LIFE ETERNAL IS THIS, to know thee, THE ONLY TRUE GOD and Jesus Christ whom THOU have sent.

glorydaz

But you don't believe it, and your words prove it.

So who's confused?

I am confused because I understand it differently.

The Spirit of God did not fill man. God became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:1, John 1:14

YES, Pops, you are confused. All your denials can't hide the evidence you reveal when you speak.

glorydaz

Christian theology isn't to be in Christ. There are many different denominations, which one is truly right? None of them! Only Christ Jesus is the way and only he is the right way to follow. Once we are born of God and walk in the Spirit then we are in Christ and Christ is in us. We have the bible, and God will teach us all things through the Spirit.

He's trying, but you aren't hearing what is being preached to you from the word.

You can't be IN CHRIST unless you confess Him as LORD, and the LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD.

oatmeal

Why did Jesus speak in Parables? Your answer will be found there.

Sorry, but that does not answer my question.

Evidently, you have trouble being honest with scripture.

You could be honest with scripture if you wanted to be.

You could be if truth was more important to you than your friends, or your status here or holding onto you pet theologies.

Until people get humble enough to admit they need more, they cannot learn.

I've been there, it is no fun.

When I got humble again, life got joyous again.