Who will answer my questions?

marhig

He's trying, but you aren't hearing what is being preached to you from the word.

You can't be IN CHRIST unless you confess Him as LORD, and the LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD.
God has exalted Christ Jesus and has given a him authority over everything in heaven and in earth, so he is Lord Jesus Christ to me. But he isn't the Lord God Almighty, that is the father, and Jesus clearly teaches this in the gospels.

Why was he given authority if he is God? Because if he's God then he wouldn't have needed to be exalted or given authority because he would be God.

So, who exalted Jesus and who gave him authority? And why?

And you say that the LORD our God is one LORD. And you are right, and Jesus said who that one LORD is, the only true God, the Father. Whom is also his God and father.

glorydaz

Why don't you answer the question I posed to glorydaz?

Let us see if you can be honest with scripture.

What does "it is written" mean if not "it is written"?

Where is your reply to my "it is written" question?

Oats insists on posing questions with a multiple choice with only partial answers.

Half a truth is a full lie, and Oats wants people to agree to his HALF TRUTH. :chuckle:

He's determined, though, I'll give him that.

oatmeal

Oats insists on posing questions with a multiple choice with only partial answers.

Half a truth is a full lie, and Oats wants people to agree to his HALF TRUTH. :chuckle:

He's determined, though, I'll give him that.

So you are saying that I Timothy 2:5 is a half truth. Which part of that verse is the half truth and which half is the lie?

glorydaz

God has exalted Christ Jesus and has given a him authority over everything in heaven and in earth, so he is Lord Jesus Christ to me. But he isn't the Lord God Almighty, that is the father, and Jesus clearly teaches this in the gospels.

No, He most certainly does not teach that in the Gospels. You're as blind as the Jews were.

Why was he given authority if he is God? Because if he's God then he wouldn't have needed to be exalted or given authority because he would be God.

So, who exalted Jesus and who gave him authority? And why?

Because God was the offended, and no man was found worthy. GOD became flesh ....took on humanity to pay the price for sin HIMSELF. GOD (Deity) HAD TO humble Himself...take on the form of a servant (born of woman). That servant (God in His humanity) was given authority by God, and was obedient unto death. He was the perfect Mediator - the offended and standing in the place of all offenders.

This is all in the Bible, but you refuse to see Christ's Deity. You remind me of doubting Thomas, who finally confessed Jesus and his LORD AND GOD. Blessed are those who believe without putting their hand into His side.

glorydaz

So you are saying that I Timothy 2:5 is a half truth. Which part of that verse is the half truth and which half is the lie?

No, your commentary is a half truth. It's why you're trying so desperately to push it, and why you MUST take it out of it's context. Ignoring "God our Saviour"...who gave Himself a ransom for all, because you refuse to see that Jesus (God and Man) is the ONE MEDIATOR through which all men could be saved.

1 Timothy 2:1-6
1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

I can't be blamed at your inability to understand Paul.

marhig

No, He most certainly does not teach that in the Gospels. You're as blind as the Jews were.

Because God was the offended, and no man was found worthy. GOD became flesh ....took on humanity to pay the price for sin HIMSELF. GOD (Deity) HAD TO humble Himself...take on the form of a servant (born of woman). That servant (God in His humanity) was given authority by God, and was obedient unto death. He was the perfect Mediator - the offended and standing in the place of all offenders.

This is all in the Bible, but you refuse to see Christ's Deity. You remind me of doubting Thomas, who finally confessed Jesus and his LORD AND GOD. Blessed are those who believe without putting their hand into His side.
Yes he does, he calls the father the only true God, and he even said that he is his God! How can you not see?

And all that you've written doesn't explain why Jesus was exalted by God. It says this in the bible

Philippians 2

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

If God exalted Jesus, then Jesus isn't God.

And why on earth would God have to humble himself, and have to become human, to be obedient to himself and then crucified to save us from his own wrath?

We are saved through Christ Jesus, through faith by the grace of God.

glorydaz

Yes he does, he calls the father the only true God, and he even said that he is his God! How can you not see?

And all that you've written doesn't explain why Jesus was exalted by God. It says this in the bible

Philippians 2

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

If God exalted Jesus, then Jesus isn't God.

And why on earth would God have to humble himself, and have to become human, to be obedient to himself and then crucified to save us from his own wrath?

We are saved through Christ Jesus, through faith by the grace of God.

Well, let's look at the verse you took out of context.

How was it He was in the FORM OF GOD before He took on the form of a servant? John 1:1, John 1:14

Phil. 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:​

How was it that He MADE HIMSELF of no reputation, and TOOK UPON HIM the form of a servant?

Phil. 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:​

Why would He need to humble Himself when He was found in the fashion of a man?

Phil. 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

I'll tell you why. Because He was with God and WAS GOD from the beginning. John 1:1

marhig

Well, let's look at the verse you took out of context.

How was it He was in the FORM OF GOD before He took on the form of a servant? John 1:1, John 1:14

Phil. 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:​

How was it that He MADE HIMSELF of no reputation, and TOOK UPON HIM the form of a servant?

Phil. 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:​

Why would He need to humble Himself when He was found in the fashion of a man?

Phil. 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

I'll tell you why. Because He was with God and WAS GOD from the beginning. John 1:1
How is that verse taken out of context? It clearly says that that God exalted Jesus?

And how do you explain away the following verses? This is after Jesus has left the flesh and is back with the father.

Matthew 28

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth

Who gave Christ all power?

And this

Ephesians 1

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,And what.is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

And clay can be formed to look like me, but that doesn't mean it is me. Jesus was in the form of God, because he didn't live by his own will but by the will of the Father, and he was the fulness of God bodily, having the full power of the Holy Spirit and he was in the express image of the living God .

And none of that explains why God himself would have to humble himself, and be obedient to himself unto death and become a human sacrifice and to be crucified to save us from his own wrath?

Anyway, it's after 1am here I'm off to bed, speak again soon God willing.

popsthebuilder

But you don't believe it, and your words prove it.

The Spirit of God did not fill man. God became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:1, John 1:14

YES, Pops, you are confused. All your denials can't hide the evidence you reveal when you speak.
I'm sorry you think I must find the temporal and mortal to be the literal utter fullness of GOD, or not true or right or good or safe at all; but fact of the matter is that scripture nor the Holy Spirit say we must in ordering be such. So keep your bias and opinion out of scriptural debates, and your accusations; then maybe I might have a reason to take interest in your opinion. As it stands now is how I have explained it; your own words are proof of your own spirit at this time. You parroting the same towards me is simply a poor attempt at redirection and projection.

Show in scripture where it says we must believe identically. Show the in context verses that say we aren't to do anything with our salvation and that faith isn't effectual. Show the psalms and songs that praise the Trinity doctrine, then show the ones that condemn the Unitarian doctrine, or the man who doesn't believe that man ( mortal creation) can be and is synonymous with the GOD (eternal creator).

Or just continue doing whatever it is you are doing.

Then

popsthebuilder

He's trying, but you aren't hearing what is being preached to you from the word.

You can't be IN CHRIST unless you confess Him as LORD, and the LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD.
But is not Christ the Spirit of GOD, now, at this time, as far as the believer is concerned? If so then we don't have to confess man as GOD, but the Spirit that utterly filled the man Jesus of what must be confesses to be GOD. man I'd but the vessel and body. GOD is spirit.

Does that make any sense?

glorydaz

How is that verse taken out of context? It clearly says that that God exalted Jesus?

Before you go running off from the verse you offered, you need to read that verse in context.

This is the problem with some of you folks.....cherry picking verses that you clearly do not understand in context.

Paul says clearly, Jesus, BEING IN THE FORM OF GOD...EQUAL WITH GOD....TOOK UPON THE FORM OF A SERVANT....and died on the cross.

Phil. 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore He was then RESURRECTED (RAISED ON HIGH)...restored to the former Glory He had with God from BEFORE THE WORLD WAS. And that is why every knee shall bow to HIM. He is God.

John 17:5
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Phil. 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.​

glorydaz

But is not Christ the Spirit of GOD, now, at this time, as far as the believer is concerned?

No, the Holy Spirit is the member of the Godhead that Jesus sent to dwell in the believer. He is called the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ here in this verse.

ROMANS 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

If so then we don't have to confess man as GOD,

We don't confess man as God, we confess the Lord Jesus Christ as God. Jesus was not merely a man. He is God come in the flesh.

but the Spirit that utterly filled the man Jesus of what must be confesses to be GOD. man I'd but the vessel and body. GOD is spirit.

Does that make any sense?

God didn't just put on a man suit. He took on the very nature of man...without setting aside any of His Divine Nature. The natural man can make no sense of that.... It must be accepted by faith.

Hebrews 11:1-3
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.​

glorydaz

I'm sorry you think I must find the temporal and mortal to be the literal utter fullness of GOD, or not true or right or good or safe at all; but fact of the matter is that scripture nor the Holy Spirit say we must in ordering be such. So keep your bias and opinion out of scriptural debates, and your accusations; then maybe I might have a reason to take interest in your opinion. As it stands now is how I have explained it; your own words are proof of your own spirit at this time. You parroting the same towards me is simply a poor attempt at redirection and projection.

Show in scripture where it says we must believe identically. Show the in context verses that say we aren't to do anything with our salvation and that faith isn't effectual. Show the psalms and songs that praise the Trinity doctrine, then show the ones that condemn the Unitarian doctrine, or the man who doesn't believe that man ( mortal creation) can be and is synonymous with the GOD (eternal creator).

Or just continue doing whatever it is you are doing.

Then

I think you are Bi-Polar. I've never seen anyone turn the way you do. :think:

popsthebuilder

No, the Holy Spirit is the member of the Godhead that Jesus sent to dwell in the believer. He is called the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ here in this verse.

ROMANS 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

We don't confess man as God, we confess the Lord Jesus Christ as God. Jesus was not merely a man. He is God come in the flesh.

God didn't just put on a man suit. He took on the very nature of man...without setting aside any of His Divine Nature. The natural man can make no sense of that.... It must be accepted by faith.

Hebrews 11:1-3
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.​

Sorry you lost me on the first sentence because you recenlty previously stated that Jesus the Christ of GOD had the fullness of the GODHEAD as per scripture. The Spirit of GOD is GOD because GOD is spirit. There is only One Spirit, which is GOD, the Holy Spirit, Christ, the comforter, the judge, or any other thing referring to the nature of GOD as perceivable by physical creation by the will of GOD. Christ/ the Holy Spirit/ the spirit of GOD, is too the Spirit that works within the believer, and is GOD in his perceivable nature, though HE is invisible.

popsthebuilder

I think you are Bi-Polar. I've never seen anyone turn the way you do. :think:
Please do address the points made in the post you are referring to here. It would be appreciated.

How do you not get that there are two nature's in some? I never claimed salvation or even one master. Though I wish to turn from all knowing sin, I have not. Though I know I am in the grace of GOD, I find myself clinging to the wants of the flesh. Though I am naturally without much pride and low, I do defend what I know to be true and good. Though my words hurt, that doesn't make them false, wrong, deceitful, amoral, or evil. I am very very aware of the things that can and do reside within the natural man; they were made undeniable and readily observable when the light of GOD shone on my heart and in my mind, for my undeserving sake. Who else was thought to have been crazy? Not that I mean to even compare myself to my Lord, but just to prove your point(attack) moot.

Last edited:

glorydaz

But is not Christ the Spirit of GOD, now, at this time, as far as the believer is concerned?

There is only ONE God, but there are three persons, and you have to ignore a lot of the Bible to continue to blur the distinctions.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​

Sorry you lost me on the first sentence because you recenlty previously stated that Jesus the Christ of GOD had the fullness of the GODHEAD as per scripture. The Spirit of GOD is GOD because GOD is spirit.

The fullness of the Godhead means the entire Diety...all the wisdom, power, truth, righteousness, and every attribute of God dwelt in Jesus Christ bodily. You seem quite concerned about insisting the Holy Spirit is God, but balk about Jesus the man being God. Even saying God is too big to completely dwell in Jesus, as I recall.

1 Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

There is only One Spirit, which is GOD, the Holy Spirit,

Christ, the comforter, the judge, or any other thing referring to the nature of GOD as perceivable by physical creation by the will of GOD. Christ/ the Holy Spirit/ the spirit of GOD, is too the Spirit that works within the believer, and is GOD in his perceivable nature, though HE is invisible.

I can't make heads or tails out of this comment.

Angels are spirits, too. Satan is a spirit. So, the fact that God is spirit (invisible) doesn't mean what you seem to think. God also became flesh and dwelt among us.

glorydaz

This is known as projection. You're accusing me of those things you're doing and thinking. I don't count you my enemy. I don't put my bias into what I'm sharing here. I'm simply discussing the word. You demand I show you things you don't seem to have an answer for and then you spit in my face when I do.

You need to stop imagining my motives and check your own.