Who Posted?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
this is for those who care and wonder
about
what is going on between town and me

We ALREADY know ... TH explained it previously.

it is not an explanation for town
he owes us an explanation

He owes you nothing because you have offered nothing.

as to how he could voter for a man who would not try to save the baby even after it was born
and
still call himself pro life

The way you do? He bases his vote on principle ... you base your vote on party.

I know there are many like that
so
I am just using him as an example
he is the best example here
he has many friends
he is very clever with words
he knows how to defend himself
he knows many will defend him
he provides a nice cover for those who also vote third party or choose not to vote
so
I am just using him
and
not picking on someone who is not capable of defending himself

A good many members vote third party. Also, as you well know, Romney has changed his position on abortion so obviously you are not being honest. The fact is that your criteria for voting is partyline, not issues. IF an openly pro-abortion Republican was in the running for president, you would vote for him. That makes you a dishonest hypocrite.

this is about abortion
and
his ability to ignore the democratic party support of abortion

So you say even though YOU clearly ignore the Republican party's support of abortion.

there are other issues
but
this is the one I will focus on

Unfortunately there are many like you ... which is exactly why RvsW will never be overturned and AOD will never be banned. You are more interested in protecting the Republican party than saving the lives of unborn babies.

I do not need, want, or deserve others defending me
but
you know I just love the ones who do defend me

As do I ... it gives me a quick head's up on those whose motives and character are sinister and self-serving.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
... how he could (vote) for a man who would not try to save the baby even after it was born...

I would think that this would tell you all you needed to know about a candidate's character

and someone who would vote for that candidate

chrys said:
he is very clever with words

not really

oh, he spews out an impressive volume of crap, but when you deconstruct it there's hardly any substance

He impresses himself and his followers

but consider this - for a man who claims to have gone to law school and worked as a lawyer, his skills at persuasive argumentation are dismal

Have you ever seen him persuade anyone to change their point of view?

Sure, we've all seen him browbeat his opponents into ceasing to respond - I believe he calls it "pounding them into silt"

But actually persuading them that their viewpoint is wrong? :nono:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You are projecting again. When have *you* ever changed anyone's POV to agree with you?

Sure, we've all seen him browbeat his opponents into ceasing to respond - I believe he calls it "pounding them into silt"

Projection ...

Which each and every post you make, I question your sanity ... or rather lack of. Your mental stability is deteriorating, seriously. You need help.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
anna - I don't think you know what you believe anymore

That's a dodge, sod. (You can post a photo now.)

You've insinuated more than once that TH has influenced my thinking, and now have just said "have you ever seen him persuade anyone to change their point of view?"

A lot of factors here and elsewhere have gone into my changing of view on a number of things - and whatever you do, do not discount your own influence.

except that you don't like it when people examine Town's behavior
If you took exception to him in a civil way, it wouldn't have come to this.

I don't like seeing my friends bullied, harassed, and made the subject of cruel and vindictive taunts, often in the name of 'Christian' witness and I'll keep calling you on it as long as I have to.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
That's a dodge, sod. (You can post a photo now.)

1914-dodge-touring-car-small.jpg

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
If you took exception to him in a civil way...

I don't believe one can take exception to him in a civil way.

At least not in a direct exchange.

The closest I've seen has been Zippy, and that only because Zippy has resisted rising to Town's taunts of "You're a child!"

When I returned six months ago today, I was determined to not get trapped in that back and forth, parsing nonsense that Town so longs for and so obviously misses, being a stay at home dad.

I took exception to his practices and his character and avoided a direct discussion with him for a very long time.

In many ways he reminds me of the 12 year old boy that will inevitably be in every seventh grade class - the one who absolutely will not stop talking, who has a comment for everything that anybody says and who will only be stopped by sending him out of the room.

Of course it's a clamour for attention and of course it reveals something deeper that needs addressing.

But that's not my job

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I would think that this would tell you all you needed to know about a candidate's character

and someone who would vote for that candidate
Except I didn't vote for him in the past election and neither you nor chrys lauded your sudden elevation of estimation on that particular. Rather, you're using anything you can spin to the negative and if you have to point to one decision two elections ago, so be it. Even though I've explained why I didn't vote that issue in the election and how I believe the issue will actually be decided.

not really oh, he spews out an impressive volume of crap, but when you deconstruct it there's hardly any substance
You're just bitter. Even people who disagree with me have credited me on that count. You can't because you're that personally invested. I thought that was the reason you could debase your own faith in relation to our differences, then I saw you ask anna if she was done pretending to be a Christian and saw your "witness" to Rusha and realized it was worse than that and even less excusable.

It's who you are. And it's low, warped, dishonest and dishonorable. It's how you relate to everyone who doesn't agree with you and that's tragic.

He impresses himself and his followers
I don't have followers. You see it that way because you see people as utility. And that's also tragic.

but consider this - for a man who claims to have gone to law school and worked as a lawyer,
See, I don't simply claim to. I've demonstrated the fact of it. AMR can and has made that clear and I made it a point on a perma ban challenge that you ran from like a girl with her hair aflame.

his skills at persuasive argumentation are dismal
Because you've demonstrated an honest ability at unbiased assessment of anything where I'm concerned.

I've changed a few, though that's hard to do in a forum setting that tends to draw people in with hard set notions ready to argue them. Bybee has said on a few occasions that I've broadened her perspective on a thing. Wile changed his mind on a couple of points. I've had a number of experiences like that and I've had my own horizons broadened by any number of people here on both the political and religious considerations.

Rather, I've answered people who answered me in return and so on. I've ended more than one conversation by walking away having made the points I felt I could. It's not about last word or winning, but I never leave a field knowingly when someone is misrepresenting me.

Like I said, I doubt that happens much. Point me to the thread where we can find you, in any incarnation, over more years than I've been here, having that said to you.

Here's one for posterity: you changed my mind on you. I am convinced by your method and argument that you're a bad guy. I hope you're saved and I hope you change, but I know you're a bad guy and I started out thinking the opposite. You've convinced me.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
At least not in a direct exchange.

I did.

The closest I've seen has been Zippy, and that only because Zippy has resisted rising to Town's taunts of "You're a child!"
In many ways he reminds me of the 12 year old boy that will inevitably be in every seventh grade class - the one who absolutely will not stop talking, who has a comment for everything that anybody says and who will only be stopped by sending him out of the room.
Again, you're accusing people of doing things you're doing yourself.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I've had civil disagreements with any number of people here on everything from religion to politics. Most of my friends differ with me on this or that.

...When I returned six months ago today, I was determined to not get trapped in that back and forth, parsing nonsense that Town so longs for and so obviously misses, being a stay at home dad.
A lie I already dealt with. Shortly after arriving you went out of your way to interject yourself into conversations and insult me, AB and zoo. It's a matter of record.

I took exception to his practices and his character and avoided a direct discussion with him for a very long time.
Rather you defamed and hid behind that.

Said the fellow in most threads dropping nearly a hundred posts a day. :rolleyes:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
more 5 to 4 decisions
the democrats vote together
and
the republicans vote together
but
we still hear there is no difference between them
so
why does everyone stop what they are doing to see how they voted?
because it does make a difference
and
those who say there is no difference are liars
or
even worse, shills
so
why not call them baby killers?

that is what they are

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
more 5 to 4 decisions
the democrats vote together
It was a conservative appointed court (read: Republican) that brought us Roe. And we only just had a decision where that wasn't the case.

we still hear there is no difference between them
Supra.

those who say there is no difference are liars
No, you're just under informed and/or willfully blinkered.

or even worse, shills so why not call them baby killers?
Because that would be an actual lie in any number of cases for a number of reasons you've already been presented but chosen to ignore.

that is what they are
No, you angry, frustrated fellow you.