Who Posted?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If I'm too blunt for you with the truth I see, perhaps you shouldn't be here :idunno:
Because the alternative, that he has a problem, just isn't reasonable. :plain:

but I've never ridiculed you
That's right, anna. Asking if you were still pretending to be a Christian, claiming you were a follower of mine, etc. That wasn't ridicule, that was...well...no. :nono:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In the opposite direction of you ... ?

YAY!!!
So you won't likely be going to a mental institution of some sort. That is reason to celebrate.

Rusha, I hope that when he's run his course and you're in a position to reflect, that you consider the cause of those of those who love Christ and desire only good things for you without allowing his troubles to cloud the issue.

Just as there are those who utter oaths and break them there are steadfast, decent individuals who honor and understand the words they speak to one another. The problem then isn't in the oath but in men.

That parallel to say this: we shouldn't let those who don't value or understand a thing influence our opinion of what is signified by it.

Arthur Brain

and Town was the worst thing that happened to this forum, back when he thought that he should be the arbiter of acceptable behavior here

I'm happy to have some small role in dissuading him of that notion :chuckle:

I see SOD is laughing at himself again...

Oh wait, how can that be? He was on my ignore list yet I still see him...

:shocked:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
good morning

good morning

“Good morning Breakfast Clubbers, good morning to ya,
we woke up bright and early just to howdy-do ya.”

1st call to breakfast for all of you out there

America's favorite breakfast club is on the air

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so how are the awards coming?

some are not happy about it

some are not happy

this is true

so why do you do it?

it is fun

just for fun?

not exactly

what exactly?

to recognize what others do

are you a good judge of that?

better than most

in your opinion

that goes without saying

I said it just the same

you sure did

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
so how are the awards coming?
They're faux-tastic! TM :thumb:

some are not happy about it
Meh. People. Give them an insult wrapped in the pretense of an award and some of them won't have the good grace to gush about it. Ingrates.

That's the next award, isn't it...

so why do you do it?
Same reason some people shoot other people in the back, I suppose. But it's a guess.

it is fun
Don't let Sod read that or you'll be a bully...if Eeset sees it you might end up a rapist.

to recognize what others do
You mean to decide, judge, declare without argument.

That's a sweet gig, I'd imagine.

are you a good judge of that?

better than most
Well, if you can't find enough people to think highly of you that's the next best...though I suppose you just increased the odds of it staying that way. :think:

That's life for you. :plain:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is for those who care and wonder
about
what is going on between town and me
it is not an explanation for town
he owes us an explanation
as to how he could voter for a man who would not try to save the baby even after it was born
and
still call himself pro life
I know there are many like that
so
I am just using him as an example
he is the best example here
he has many friends
he is very clever with words
he knows how to defend himself
he knows many will defend him
he provides a nice cover for those who also vote third party or choose not to vote
so
I am just using him
and
not picking on someone who is not capable of defending himself

this is about abortion
and
his ability to ignore the democratic party support of abortion

there are other issues
but
this is the one I will focus on

I do not need, want, or deserve others defending me
but
you know I just love the ones who do defend me

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
this is for those who care and wonder
about what is going on between town and me

it is not an explanation for town

he owes us an explanation as to how he could voter for a man who would not try to save the baby even after it was born and still call himself pro life
The same reason I imagine that you voted for a man who believed in abortion in the case of rape: I didn't vote on an issue that was already decided and would only be reversed by Constitutional amendment.

Because if you didn't vote for a Republican Presidential candidate with that in mind you're a hypocrite for calling people who voted for the Democratic nominee "baby killers".

Actually, you called the whole party and anyone within it, including the pro life candidates "baby killers". :rolleyes:

But I answered on that years ago, which is when I cast that vote. But you know that too. And I'd be willing to bet I've done more for that cause, put myself on the line more for it than you have, comes to that. We can settle that question privately if you like.

I know there are many like that so I am just using him as an example
That's another lie, chrys. You started in on me before that one election and we both know it. That might have been the final straw, but it wasn't a sudden rift.

he is the best example here
he has many friends
There you go with that again.

he is very clever with words
It never ceases to amaze me how people like you try to make the exercise of intelligence something shameful. Because that's all cleverness is, a particular focusing of it to point out some illogical posit in a humorous fashion or to illustrate by absurd parallel a particular nature. That sort of thing.

he knows how to defend himself
Of course.

he knows many will defend him
In general, no. I'll grant it's been different the longer you and a few others have been at it, but for quite some time I mostly took you on alone. Not a big deal.

he provides a nice cover for those who also vote third party or choose not to vote
It isn't a cover. Voting Republican is no more the answer than voting for the Tea Party will change the economics of Washington. If you want to change abortion you change the nation's understanding. That's happening. Eventually you change the Constitution. The parallel is slavery.

so I am just using him and not picking on someone who is not capable of defending himself
The last doesn't concern me, but you've done a great deal more than talk about and differ on abortion. This is just your self-justification speech for dishonorable conduct. I'm sure some will accept it. Heck, people want to believe the best of others. That's why I was a friend of koban for a while. It's why anna was until she got a full eye of him in this incarnation.

this is about abortion and his ability to ignore the democratic party support of abortion
Except that I'm not a Democrat and don't vote party, oppose abortion and your easily, repeatedly wrong headed notion of how to address it.