Who died on the cross? - a Hall of Fame thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
P.S: Omnipresence is not a Biblical doctrine, but comes from pagan Greek philosophy!
On the contrary, this view that God is not everywhere present paints Him as the Zeus of the mythology. You have hoisted yourself on your own petard.

PKevman

God can do what He chooses to do.
God can be where He chooses to be.
God can know what He chooses to know.
God can see what He chooses to see.
God is alive and God is free.
It's that simple, and all of the Bible stands as a witness to these wonderful truths!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Will just add denial of the omnipresence of God to the list, then.
:up:

If you believe omnipresence means God is everywhere, all the time, all at once... then I reject omnipresence (all you need to do is read a couple chapters of Genesis to see that).

Yet if omnipresence means that God can be where He wants, when He wants, then I would agree what that.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We believe the Deity of Christ (see my thread). What is your point? We are not denying this, but we are denying Apollinarian heresies that you seem to hold.
"Apollinarian heresies" :doh: Please.... don't go down the theological pejoratives road or you can take a vacation with AMR.

There are no theological terms or pejoratives that make anyone right or wrong simply by trotting them out and threatening people with them. I hate that game and I wont let you get away with it.

godrulz.... YES or NO was the Son separated from the Father for when Jesus died on the cross?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Unequivocally!

Not to mention the 3 days and 3 nights the Son was separated from the
Father in hades...
:up:

It's the heart of the gospel!!!

It's the very thing that allows us to reconcile ourselves with God.

Praise the Lord!

(thank God for sane people like you STP!)

Varangian

Also, how do you reconcile your concept of a spatially limited God with passage from Proverbs that:

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place,
keeping watch on the evil and the good." (Proverbs 15:3)

Varangian

I believe in the biblical God and the way He describes Himself in His own word.

Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the LORD. - Jeremiah 23:24

This as well as the passage from Proverbs in my previous post are clear descriptions of God as being present in all places at all times.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Also, how do you reconcile your concept of a spatially limited God with passage from Proverbs that:

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place,
keeping watch on the evil and the good." (Proverbs 15:3)
Right!

You can't hide from God! He can be anywhere He wants to be. But that doesn't mean that God is forced to be in every sick and perverted place on earth. God isn't chained up in every nook and cranny in Hell or in my toilet or in strip bars being forced to watch perversion.

Do you believe God is trapped in Hell?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This as well as the passage from Proverbs in my previous post are clear descriptions of God as being present in all places at all times.
So... your a Pantheist?

I didn't realize there were any Pantheists on TOL. (AMR loves theological pejoratives so I thought I would try one) :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, Pantheism says that the world is God. What we say is that while the world is distinct from God, he is everywhere present in it.

Evo
If He is literally EVERYWHERE.... He and the world are one.

Why do you tell God where He can or cannot be?

Varangian

Right!

You can't hide from God! He can be anywhere He wants to be.

You're not actually addressing what the passage says. It doesn't say that the eyes of the LORD can be in every place, it says that they are in every place.

But that doesn't mean that God is forced to be in every sick and perverted place on earth. God isn't chained up in every nook and cranny in Hell or in my toilet or in strip bars being forced to watch perversion.

Again, you seem to be falling into a weird anthropomorphic view of God with this statements. To say that God is present somewhere is not the same as saying as a physical being is present somewhere. To say that God is present in all places means that His conscientiousness and awareness extends to all places, on both a macro and micro scale down to the activities tiniest quark. So yes, God is aware of precisely what is going on in Hell or your toilet or strip bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.