Who died on the cross? - a Hall of Fame thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you reject... Our position is abundantly clear.
Who is 'our'? All I see is you posting metaphorical amens and high-fives to Mystery's discussion.

If you agree with Mystery then...

1. Was the Son of God exclusively confined to Paradise for three days?
(In other words, was God confined to one location at the death of Christ?)

2. Was the Son of God, which is God, no longer present everywhere on earth during those three days in Paradise?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
2. Was the Son of God, which is God, no longer present everywhere on earth during those three days in Paradise?[/FONT]
Huh?

When was Jesus present everywhere (at the same time) on earth during His time on earth? For that matter when is God the Father present everywhere all at once? Just because God can be anywhere He wants to be doesn't mean He IS everywhere at the same time.

Again... you spew more and more unbiblical theological garbage.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
AMR, you are a religion lover. Yet you know nothing about a true relationship with Jesus.

Escape from the shackles of religion and get to know Jesus! He will set you free!

Trust me on this.... you will thank me later. :up:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Oh, stop the weasel wording. It is a lame attempt to somehow extricate yourself from the heretical corner you have painted yourself into. You can run but you cannot hide, for you have been exposed.

Did Incarnate Christ possess a human soul or not? Be a man and answer the question with no weasel wording.

If you answer 'yes', then your 'one nature' view is wrong.

If you answer 'no', then you stand labeled the Apollinarian you have been thoroughly exposed to be and nothing you have to say with respect to man's reconciliation to God is to be taken seriously--your Apollinarianistic beliefs have weakened the efficacy of the Atonement.
Knight was right. You are Mr. Religion.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I just love how people claim there are not two natures at work in Christians, but there was in Christ.:doh:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Did God die on the cross for your sins, yes or no?

The triune God did not die, but the Word who is God become flesh died.

God does not die, but the One who died was God.

If you must have yes/no, then yes. Unlike JWs, I do not believe it was Michael the Archangel who died on the cross. It was God in the flesh, the LORD Jesus Christ (not the Father or Spirit who were in heaven and did not take on flesh).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
God died on the cross.

We can play your word games too. You ask leading questions, then will not answer a question that shows you are being vague. Did the Trinity die on the cross (the Trinity is God)? Did the Father die on the cross? The Father is God, etc. Don't like playing your own game? You play games and hinge our eternal life on answering questions that need qualification and clarification? You are a lousy god and a lousy guru. Buzz off.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
"Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which He obtained with His own blood."

This is a verse that I use to show the Deity of Christ. There is some MSS dispute though. It does not prove your Appolinarian view though. We do not question the Deity of Christ, so get a life.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
"And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as a dead man. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades."

We believe the Deity of Christ (see my thread). What is your point? We are not denying this, but we are denying Apollinarian heresies that you seem to hold.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Spare us the drama.

The only heresy being spewed around here is you nut-balls that believe the Son of God didn't die for our sins. How about you go spew your anti-Christian garbage on some other website?

Your blatant blasphemy is wearing thin here at TOL.

Yikes, the Admin has sozoitis.

We believe that the Son of God died for our sins (He is Son of God and Son of Man). He is also the Lamb of God. This does not mean he is a sheep or that He is not God or not Man.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I gave you the verses. There is no "exact phrase" that says "Jesus is God" either, do you also deny that? I suspect you do.

Catholics are strong proponents of the Deity and resurrection of Christ, as you and I are, brother.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
This has already been pointed out to AMR that Pastor Hill is stating that God had to become a man in order to taste death, but it was still God who tasted death. If it was only a man who tasted death, then why would God need to be in Christ?

We believe Jn. 1:1-14; Philippians 2:5-11 (incarnation). Why do you keep saying we do not believe it? One vs two nature theories are not a denial of the Word (God) made flesh (hence it is not a salvific distinction anymore than OSAS or the impeccability of Christ or eschatology are).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
AMR, you are a religion lover. Yet you know nothing about a true relationship with Jesus.

Escape from the shackles of religion and get to know Jesus! He will set you free!

Trust me on this.... you will thank me later. :up:

Ignorance is bliss?

Are you saying AMR is not a true believer, but just a Pharisee going to hell?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I just love how people claim there are not two natures at work in Christians, but there was in Christ.:doh:

Do we not all agree that Jesus Christ on earth is not just a man, nor is He just God? He is the God-Man. There are semantical and technical disputes about how God becomes man in one person, but this is not a denial of the more important truths: the Deity and humanity of Christ and His work as the Lamb of God, risen from the dead.

Christological issues are not identical to anthropological/soteriological issues ('flesh' is a metaphor for sin, not a causative nature inherited from Adam that fights the Holy Spirit like Star Wars).

PKevman

Will just add denial of the omnipresence of God to the list, then.

And we will add denial of the basic Biblical truth that God is free and God is alive to the list as well. Because if God is not free to be where He chooses to be, then He is not alive and personal, but a metaphysical force not unlike Star Wars!

The Force be with you!

PKevman

And we will add denial of the basic Biblical truth that God is free and God is alive to the list as well. Because if God is not free to be where He chooses to be, then He is not alive and personal, but a metaphysical force not unlike Star Wars!

The Force be with you!

P.S: Omnipresence is not a Biblical doctrine, but comes from pagan Greek philosophy!

Status
Not open for further replies.