ECT Who actually revealed the "mystery" of the Gospel of grace ? Was Paul the first ?

Interplanner

It can't be either the saving of the nations or the grace of God. They are both in the OT and both in the prophets. They shape the faith of Abraham: 'In your Seed all the nations will be blessed.' that is not the mystery, but the sloppy, cloudy thinking of D'ism, thinks it is.

Danoh

What is this about, Danoh?:

Very well...

You remember way back when I posted a line from an Elton John song and Tel ribbed me about it because Elton is gay?

You recently posted to me that you like Barry Manilow music...

Well, a few days after that, Manilow announced he is gay.

When I read his announcement; I remembered your having posted you like his music and cracked up about it.

So I ribbed you about it. Nothing more.

Personally, I like much of the man's music myself. I could care less what people think of what music I like or not.

But here's the thing - who cares what I might think of you or not as concerning the flesh?

You have the truth of Romans 5.

As I reminded STP he does.

As I now remind Tam; given her high-fiving your question here in her agreement with your having needed to even ask it, despite the fact that you both have Romans 5 to rest in.

You don't need an explanation from me.

You have Christ.

Just as I don't need for Musterion to either stop or continue being the slandering jerk he is being towards me once more.

I have Christ.

Look, bro, either we believe Romans 5's assertion that we have the love of God in His Son's Cross, and therefore have all we need in that; or we do not believe it.

Should any of this offend you, well then, turn to Romans 5 and rest in it's assertion.

Likewise as to you Musti.

Whenever you feel the need to be the jerk you often are; feel free to throw Romans 5 in my face out of your bigotry and your spite - I'll only be reminded to take Romans 5 as fact and thereby glory in your would be tribulations toward me in your endless hypocrisy.

You will never be sufficient.

None of us will ever be.

Christ...always is.

Have each...your way :)

Philippians 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

glorydaz

Hi and IF it was written in Isa 53 :5 than it is NOT a SECRET / MUSTERION , is it ??

Paul received the MYSTERY by direct Revelation in Gal 1:12 , SO WHERE IS THE BEEF , ???

dan p

Dan, do you think the Mystery is CHRIST IN YOU? Your verse in Gal. 1:12 seems to be saying the same as Colossians 1:27.

"To reveal his Son in me," I love that.

Gal. 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:​

Danoh

I know that but have been told it is by some/many.

Trying to nail down which group believes what in Dipsy is like trying to nail jello to a wall.

The most deceived so far has been one that told me Paul is the " I AM ".

Acts 2 Dispensationalism long held and holds that the Body began in Acts to but its' Mystery was mostly not revealed much more fully until Paul.

Acts 2 Dispensationalism arose out of Darby's finding that the completeness in Christ that the Body has now, is not described as such about Believing Israelites before Paul.

But after Darby, A2D had largely remained a hybrid of the Reformed Theology it arose out of and broke away from.

Out of it arose Acts 9 Dispensationalism aka Mid-Acts, or MAD, to hold that both the Body and its' Mystery began with Paul.

Acts 9 being the result of being more consistent in the application of the principles of Bible study that Acts 2 Dispensationalism does not always follow consistently.

Acts 28 Dispensationalism arose out of a hybrid of both Acts 2 and Acts 9, to hold that the Body and its' Mystery did not begin until near the very end or after Acts 28.

Acts 28 Dispensationalism having failed to remain consistent in its application of the principles of Dispensationalism as a system of Bible study.

The Mid-Acts aka MAD most but not all on here, refer to as MAD, arose out of a hybrid of various Acts 9 and Acts 28 views.

It too is the result of a consistent failure to apply the principles of Dispensational Bible.

And most within any of those groups will have been taught the view they hold to, or read about it somewhere.

Few will go on to attempt to learn the various principles, that they might stand on their own two feet, let alone, not only learn them indepth, but go beyond the standard ones, to further refined principles.

As in all things in life, most will not be attracted to doing so.

On the one hand; the thing to do is to be ever willing as to a readiness of mind, to receiving anyone's take on a thing.

On the other; to be ever willing to examine oneself as to what principles of study one is actually studying a thing from; in contrast to what principles one only thinks one is studying things from.

And it is a never ending endeavor.

Because The BOOK is one endless ocean of oceans of wonder.

The bottomline ever being...

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

musterion

Yes, right, and Paul meant that in terms of 1st century Judaism. He was raised thinking their thoughts. He then realized the message was there in their OT texts all the time, but the constructs of 1st century Judaism were the veil that blocked it.

Unrevealed =/= merely unnoticed or overlooked. But I won't argue with your unbelief.

musterion

Just as I don't need for Musterion to either stop or continue being the slandering jerk he is being towards me once more.

I have Christ.

You don't?

Okay. Then you have the freedom and power to ignore me.

Don't let me burden you into continually commenting about me.

Just let me cease to exist in all your perceptions here.

It's okay. You won't miss me.

Be free, Dymo.

SaulToPaul 2

It can't be either the saving of the nations or the grace of God. They are both in the OT and both in the prophets. They shape the faith of Abraham: 'In your Seed all the nations will be blessed.' that is not the mystery, but the sloppy, cloudy thinking of D'ism, thinks it is.

You are very very confused.

DAN P

Dan, do you think the Mystery is CHRIST IN YOU? Your verse in Gal. 1:12 seems to be saying the same as Colossians 1:27.

"To reveal his Son in me," I love that.

Gal. 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:​

Hi and in Eph 1:4 reads , Just as He CHOSE / CALLED /ELECT us for himself BEFORE /PRO the Overthhrow of the world for us to be holy and with out BLEMISH before Him in love !!

Then in 2 Tim 1:0 just a one liner , say even more and you need to read that verse !!

But according to His purpose and grace having been given us " in Christ " Jesus BEFORE /PRO THE TIMES related to the AGES !!

So you see that the BODY OF CHRIST was written about before the worlds were made and before the AGES BEGAN !!

So where does it leave those OUTSIDE of Paul's MYSTERY ??

A canoe without a PADDLE !!

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame
Very well...

You remember way back when I posted a line from an Elton John song and Tel ribbed me about it because Elton is gay?

You recently posted to me that you like Barry Manilow music...

Well, a few days after that, Manilow announced he is gay.

When I read his announcement; I remembered your having posted you like his music and cracked up about it.

So I ribbed you about it. Nothing more.

Personally, I like much of the man's music myself. I could care less what people think of what music I like or not.

Fair enough.

But here's the thing - who cares what I might think of you or not as concerning the flesh?

You have the truth of Romans 5.

As I reminded STP he does.

As I now remind Tam; given her high-fiving your question here in her agreement with your having needed to even ask it, despite the fact that you both have Romans 5 to rest in.

You don't need an explanation from me.

You have Christ.

I have Christ.

Look, bro, either we believe Romans 5's assertion that we have the love of God in His Son's Cross, and therefore have all we need in that; or we do not believe it.

Should any of this offend you, well then, turn to Romans 5 and rest in it's assertion.

Likewise as to you Musti.

Whenever you feel the need to be the jerk you often are; feel free to throw Romans 5 in my face out of your bigotry and your spite - I'll only be reminded to take Romans 5 as fact and thereby glory in your would be tribulations toward me in your endless hypocrisy.

You will never be sufficient.

None of us will ever be.

Christ...always is.

Have each...your way :)

Philippians 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Vs.
concerning the flesh?

=log in....lose your mind.

You're a prime example, of a dispensationalist, who has isolated himself from other intelligent dispensational proponents, and have embraced evolution, as you have morphed/evolved(devolved) into a Catholic fruit inspector, who has lost his vertebrae, and whose "ministry" is "man pleasing."

Thanks for checkin' in, Da-noah, as you are drowning, and your cooperation.

I know, I know...I/we am/are jerks, not having the sweet spirit of the lowly Galilean fisherman...I will pray for you, jerk John W......

Cricket....cricket...cricket....

DAN P

Fair enough.

Vs.

You're a prime example, of a dispensationalist, who has isolated himself from other intelligent dispensational proponents, and have embraced evolution, as you have morphed/evolved(devolved) into a Catholic fruit inspector, who has lost his vertebrae, and whose "ministry" is "man pleasing."

Thanks for checkin' in, Danoah, and your cooperation.

I know, I know...I/we am/are jerks, not having the sweet spirit of the lowly Galilean fisherman...I will pray for you, jerk John W......

Hi and all you need is Rom 5 , and the rest is there for nothing ??

Be serious !!

dan p

Danoh

Fair enough.

Vs.

Now that was some mahty fine fruit inspectin ya laid out thar, St. John; mahty fine.

That rumour I heard tell over by Floyd's must be true.

Kicked outta the Esquire Club fer hoggin up all the brandy and see-gars, uh-ghin; ya marched yorself over tuh the Courthouse; gave Otis the whut fer, and promptly signed up for Barney's TOL MADs Fruit Inspectin Club :chuckle:

(my post to you had been meant as an encouragement).

:think:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fair enough.

Vs.

gimme-five-smiley-emoticon.gif

john w

Hall of Fame
Now that was some mahty fine fruit inspectin ya laid out thar, St. John; mahty fine.

You need to learn sum of dat "the greek grammar" from that interloper fellar,D.

That rumour I heard tell over by Floyd's must be true.

Kicked outta the Esquire Club fer hoggin up all the brandy and see-gars, uh-ghin; ya marched yorself over tuh the Courthouse; gave Otis the whut fer, and promptly signed up for Barney's TOL MADs Fruit Inspectin Club :chuckle:

(my post to you had been meant as an encouragement).

:think:

If there's anything that upsets me, it's having people say I'm sensitive, or a jerk, D. I am just high spirited.