ECT Which Gospel?

john w

Hall of Fame
John I am starting to see he who sent you. I have seen many of your replies to others and see that you contribute nothing to the conversations. You are only an accuser of brethen. I am done contributing to your game. I have wasted enough time with your drivel.

Did our hero answer his own "argument," trying to impress the TOL audience, with his "Well, I will show that John W, and all of TOL, how cool of a debater I am, by demanding that non adult' Johnny answer my questions, since I read/stick with the bible,'' bluster, and provide me the chapter, verse?

Nope.

Instread, "Waaaaa.....you contribute nothing to the conversations. You are only an accuser of brethen. I am done contributing to your game. I have wasted enough time with your drivel.........Waaaaaa....."

Translated:

220px-Shane_Lechler_punts_at_Falcons_at_Raiders_11-2-08.JPG

"You are only an accuser of brethen"-you

Who said that you are my brethren/brother, on the same team, sport? You assume too much.

"I am starting to see he who sent you"-you

No, I don't march to the drum of, take orders,from your father.

So there.

And get this straight: I am a TOL legend, a feared gunslinger, on TOL, and the humblest poster in TOL history. Memorize it. Ask around the neighborhood about me.

achduke

And get this straight: I am a TOL legend, a feared gunslinger, on TOL, and the humblest poster in TOL history. Memorize it. Ask around the neighborhood about me.

You keep telling yourself that John. You are like Biff in Back to the Future. A legend in your own mind and maybe some of your posse who do not know better.

I wasted enough time with you. Nothing fruitful comes from talking to you.

john w

Hall of Fame
You keep telling yourself that John. You are like Biff in Back to the Future. A legend in your own mind and maybe some of your posse who do not know better.

Tranlated: Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah...

Vs.

"I am done contributing to your game. I have wasted enough time with your drivel."-your last post

I'm irresistable, aren't I? I understand....I have clout on TOL, and others are drawn to my charisma, biblical knowledge, authority, and humility.

I wasted enough time with you. Nothing fruitful comes from talking to you.

You said that last time:

"I am done contributing to your game. I have wasted enough time with your drivel."-your last post

Lying then, and in the future?

Jerry Shugart

Do you know which Gentiles Paul is referring to when he referenced Hosea?

Paul was merely using the verses he quoted from Hosea as an example to the Gentiles of the way that they were being saved by the Lord's mercy, just as those who were called "not my people" in the future will be saved.

achduke

Paul was merely using the verses he quoted from Hosea as an example to the Gentiles of the way that they were being saved by the Lord's mercy, just as those who were called "not my people" in the future will be saved.

Except Paul continues to talk about Israel and the remnant.

Rom 9:27 Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, the remnant will be saved.

All his examples about the Gentiles here are about Israel.

I see know reason why Mid-Acts do not want to be a part of Israel. We are all one body. What is wrong if the Holy Spirit guides us all?

Jerry Shugart

Except Paul continues to talk about Israel and the remnant.

Rom 9:27 Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, the remnant will be saved.

All his examples about the Gentiles here are about Israel.

I see know reason why Mid-Acts do not want to be a part of Israel. We are all one body. What is wrong if the Holy Spirit guides us all?

Are you not aware that in the Body there is neither Greek nor Jew?

So according to you we have an Israel without any Jews in it!

achduke

Are you not aware that in the Body there is neither Greek nor Jew?

So according to you we have an Israel without any Jews in it!

Jews are only one tribe of Israel.

Col 3:11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.

This is showing that there is not any difference between any person in the body of Christ. They are still all God's people.

There is still a big difference between a non-believer and a believer.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul was merely using the verses he quoted from Hosea as an example

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Paul quoted the prophesy from Hosea to show the prophecy was being fulfilled.

Why is it so hard for you Darby followers to understand that when NT writers quoted the OT, it was to show that those prophecies from the OT were being fulfilled?

john w

Hall of Fame

Paul quoted the prophesy from Hosea to show the prophecy was being fulfilled.

Why is it so hard for you Darby followers to understand that when NT writers quoted the OT, it was to show that those prophecies from the OT were being fulfilled?

I told you to shut up, with your Darby spam.

"Not to mention, Darby followers deny that Christ Jesus' one time sacrifice for sin was good enough. They claim people in the future will have to sacrifice animals for sin atonement."-Craigie Tet.

Tell us, punk, that one can:

Deny that Christ Jesus' one time sacrifice for sin was good enough.,..

And still be saved.

Go ahead, Craigie. Grow some spine, and show it.

Tet: Er, no.....Darby......You're in denial....Don't you believe the bible/'Jesus'/Paul?.....AD 70...

Demon, false accuser.

john w

Hall of Fame

Good one, Clownie Tettie-Vs:

"Tet: "The LORD Jesus Christ returned in the form of a Roman Army." "-STP

"Never said that."-Tet.

Lie-

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-stupid Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Vs.

"Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"-Preterist deceiver Tet.

According to this Preterist con job, in this "man made" AD 70-ism "belief system," he returned "un physically," but everyone saw Him, and signs are invisible.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tet.

Ascended up physically, never returned physically in AD 70, just as some disembodied spirit, everyone saw Him, even though he did not return physically in AD 70.

Wait....it was the Roman army.

Scam artist.

"I am not here to teach........anyone....I am here to learn."-Craigie Tet.

We know. Sit down, shut up, and learn.

Thanks for checkin' in, Lamont Craigie-you dummy.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I hold to a two gospel understanding...

There are not two gospels. There is one gospel. Men are saved by grace through faith (Eph 2:8).

Men have always come to the Lord the same way--by grace through faith.

Last edited:

Interplanner

The use of the Romans has some similarity to many situations from the OT, so it has that feel to it. God brings them and accomplishes his purposes through them. There is one passage in Luke where he uses OT expressions from the 1st DofJ about this one. So there was a 'coming' of sorts, but not the 2nd coming in judgement of the whole world.

Other things were referred to as his coming--being resurrected, the Spirit at Pentecost, the influx of Gentile believers and the DofJ.

Jerry Shugart

There are not two gospels. There is one gospel. Men are saved by grace through faith (Eph 2:8).

There were two different gospels preached during the Acts period and we will look at this verse to illustrate the two different gospels:

"for I am not ashamed of the good news of the Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation to every one who is believing, both to Jew first, and to Greek" (Jn.1:16; YLT)​

There is more than one instance of the "good news" which is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

For instance, one thing which is the "good news" of Christ is the fact that He died for our sins. And believing that good news brings salvation (1 Cor.15:1-3).

Another thing which is the "good news" of Christ is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief of that good news also brings life to all who believe it:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

Those who believe that truth receive life by being born of God:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

Tell me which of those is not a good news (gospel) which saves.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
]There are not two gospels. There is one gospel. Men are saved by grace through faith (Eph 2:8).

Made up.

Tranlated: I , serpentdove, like all the other drones that do not survey, study the bible , a book of details, like John W, assert that there are not two pieces of good news, or more, in the book, just one, witnessing that I am clueless that the term "gospel" merely means "good news," and thus assert that Judas is a saint, and that he preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, as follows:

"He everyone!!! Good news!!! Christ is going to die for our sins...Be raised again for our justification!!!! Believe this good news to be justified!!!!!"

1 Cor. 15 KJV

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures

Romans 4:25 KJV

who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Luke 9 KJV

1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. 2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. 3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece. 4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart. 5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them. 6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

That is satanic.

Men have always come to the Lord the same way--by grace through faith.

Agreed And? Irrelevant, as you assume that the "good news"/gospel being discussed, in the book, always pertains to salvation/coming to the Lord. It does not. That is a false presupposition on your part, and most of "Christendom."

Gospel merely means "good news." I know that is quite a simple concept, but most members of the boc, and most lost people, just cannot "get" that. It's not that complicated(Mayor STP).

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Two different gospels]

[Jud 3] "...contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.

The gospel of Jesus Christ does not change. Since He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13:8), so His gospel remains eternally the same. And it is worth fighting for, since through it alone we find eternal life." Stanley, C. F. (2005). The Charles F. Stanley life principles Bible: New King James Version (Jud 3). Nashville, TN: Nelson Bibles.

Interplanner

Glad you are excited about justification. The term Gospel means good news specifically in the setting of justice and God's judgment. With its almost total failure history, Israel needed some, and otherwise found themselves condemned--Dan 9.

john w

Hall of Fame
Glad you are excited about justification. The term Gospel means good news specifically in the setting of justice and God's judgment. With its almost total failure history, Israel needed some, and otherwise found themselves condemned--Dan 9.

"The term Gospel means good news specifically in the setting of justice and God's judgment"-you

Either:

1. Wrong presupposition, i.e., that the term "gospel," meaning "good news," always pertains/relates to "the setting of justice and God's judgment."

Made up. There is plenty of good news in the bible. The context tells us what "good news" is being discussed, or,

2. You do not know the meaning of the term, "gospel."

No other option.

Luke 9 KJV

1Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. 2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. 3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece. 4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart. 5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them. 6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Matthew 24 KJV

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matthew 26 KJV

13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.