ECT Which Gospel?

Interplanner

JohnW,
what is the sermon of Acts 13 about? Are you one of the millions of "Bible" students who don't know where the actual sample sermons of the apostles are?

I just mean, when you start studying the NT, you think, 'oh, man, 400 pages.' It's a little more electrifying to find actual sermons in actual settings for actual reasons in the background, so that things start coming out through a graphic equalizer and in HD instead of just a poor echo of your own voice.

achduke

The old "accusation of hate...bully...mean spirited....Can't we all just get along/'love' each other....Alan Alda....." technique.

Standard fare-seen it before, such as on "The View."

Challenge us, Brucie, with something original. We are all busy men/woman, and have enough boredom spammed our way from the secular world drones.

This is a war, for men/women's souls. If you want to sit in pew/bleachers/fox hole, sit on the sidelines, and boo, and be offended, and cry, and pine, and wine, while the soldiers battle/players are in action, "knock yourself out." Just stay out of the way, as war, the bible, is rough.

Are you diggin' me?

I will stick to scripture.

john w

Hall of Fame
JohnW,
what is the sermon of Acts 13 about? Are you one of the millions of "Bible" students who don't know where the actual sample sermons of the apostles are?

I just mean, when you start studying the NT, you think, 'oh, man, 400 pages.' It's a little more electrifying to find actual sermons in actual settings for actual reasons in the background, so that things start coming out through a graphic equalizer and in HD instead of just a poor echo of your own voice.

I've written at length re. Acts 13. Ask around the neighborhood about me....

Scratch that, given your "Are you one of the millions of "Bible" students who don't know where the actual sample sermons of the apostles are?" condescending little muse.

Next.

Jerry Shugart

There were two different gospels preached during the Acts period:

"for I am not ashamed of the good news of the Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation to every one who is believing, both to Jew first, and to Greek" (Jn.1:16; YLT)​

There is more than one instance of the "good news" which is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

For instance, one thing which is the "good news" of Christ is the fact that He died for our sins. And believing that good news brings salvation (1 Cor.15:1-3).

Another thing which is the "good news" of Christ is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief of that good news also brings life to all who believe it:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

Those who believe that truth receive life by being born of God:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

Last edited:

achduke

Car 54 where are you?

How's that saint Judas statue of yours?

I have NO statues or false idols. If you are making statues I request you do not send me one. I think you have received any order in error.

I also request your company does not solicit my residence any more.

john w

Hall of Fame
I have NO statues or false idols. If you are making statues I request you do not send me one. I think you have received any order in error.

I also request your company does not solicit my residence any more.

You missed it-your saint Judas.

You: Just one piece of good news/gospel in the book.

The droid does not even know his own "argument," and the thread topic, and he wants to venture into the ring?

achduke

You missed it-your saint Judas.

The droid does not even know his own "argument," and the thread topic, and he wants to venture into the ring?

I am sure you believe you make some nice pagan idols but I will have none of that.

So are you going to defer answering? Maybe someone else will.

john w

Hall of Fame
So I will mark that as a no answer then.

Another surprising cliche, stumper, that blind sided me, having never heard it before.

Here is a "softball," "adult:" Chapter, verse, that demands that I answer any and all questions, from anyone, especially ones, such as you, that have a contensious, "un-learning" "spirit" in them.

I will wait. This should be easy for you, since you "read the bible....stick with scripture." Show us your biblical knowledge, that obviously dwarfs mine.

You have the stage-chapter, verse.

john w

Hall of Fame
I am sure you believe you make some nice pagan idols but I will have none of that.

So are you going to defer answering? Maybe someone else will.

You: my saint Judas, as he preached "the gospel."

" answering?"

Chapter, verse?

Anser all of my questions on TOL.

So there. Fun!

achduke

Another surprising cliche, stumper, that blind sided me, having never heard it before.

Here is a "softball," "adult:" Chapter, verse, that demands that I answer any and all questions, from anyone, especially ones, such as you, that have a contensious, "un-learning" "spirit" in them.

I will wait. This should be easy for you, since you "read the bible....stick with scripture." Show us your biblical knowledge, that obviously dwarfs mine.

You have the stage-chapter, verse.

John I am starting to see he who sent you. I have seen many of your replies to others and see that you contribute nothing to the conversations. You are only an accuser of brethen. I am done contributing to your game. I have wasted enough time with your drivel.