When does the biblical day begin?

chair

I did answer them because every point you made (except the one stating it was my theory) showed that you did not fundamentally understand it. Okay so John Keyser's explanation is long perhaps you would watch this 15 min video instead which explains it from another angle, by using the international date line to show why the lunar solar Sabbath calendar is God's calendar. (Explaining this stuff can be as difficult as understanding it so please forgive me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=7sUyZpM5xls

My points are simple. And a clear concise answer is appropriate:
1. Why is the history of the Western calendar relevant?
2.What is the evidence "that the Sabbaths fall on days 8, 15, 22 and 29."
3. According to your theory, the time between sabbaths can be 6, 7 or 8 days, depending on which sabbath in the month, and the length of the month. Where is the evidence for this?
4.And what happened to the Sabbath reminding us of the 7 day week of creation?

Let's leave it at this for now. Please answer BRIEFLY. If the answer is in your long post somewhere, then just copy the relevant paragraph or two as a response.

I won't read long wandering posts. Or waste time watching your video. My questions above are short and clear- you should able to answer them with clear straightforward answer.

Chair

WatchmanOnTheWall

My points are simple. And a clear concise answer is appropriate:
1. Why is the history of the Western calendar relevant?
3. According to your theory, the time between sabbaths can be 6, 7 or 8 days, depending on which sabbath in the month, and the length of the month. Where is the evidence for this?

Let's leave it at this for now. Please answer BRIEFLY. If the answer is in your long post somewhere, then just copy the relevant paragraph or two as a response.

I won't read long wandering posts. Or waste time watching your video. My questions above are short and clear- you should able to answer them with clear straightforward answer.

Chair

Okay
1.Why is the history of the Western calendar relevant?

Do you mean the Julian/Gregorian calendar? If so my point is that it is not relevant.

Again this is in the longer posts and the videos. I know you read one long post but you didn't understand what it explained.

Again it is not my theory (you are taking the p**s now). It's called the Lunar-Solar Sabbath Calendar or God's Calendar. And I have never said that weeks differ in length, I have showed however that Sabbaths are layed out as follows:

New Moon day = Day 1 of the month. (when the first sliver of the moon can seen from Jerusalem).
Followed by 6 days of work.
Day 8 = the 1st Sabbath.
Day 15 = the 2nd Sabbath
Day 22 = the 3rd Sabbath.
Day 29 = the 4th and final Sabbath of the month.

Then the process starts over with the sighting of the first sliver of the moon again, this happens with in a day or two - depending. Again the evidence is in the Bible which is explained in the longer posts and videos.

Nothing, it has always been their. The moon regulates when the Sabbaths are but it was man who rejected and for got it. It is only in these end days that these things of God are being revealed.

(I've just realised that we should discuss this in the new thread I made).

clefty

Western calendar is not relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So back on topic:

Jhn 20:19 ¶ Then the same day at evening, being the first [day] of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace [be] unto you.

According to sunset to sunset (or 6pm) if it was evening it should no longer be the same day but the next day...

Recall Luke had the disciples on the way to Emmaus invite Yahushua "Stay with us, for it is toward evening and the day is now far spent.” And then He appeared at the upper room...

All still happening on the first day..

chair

Again it is not my theory (you are taking the p**s now). It's called the Lunar-Solar Sabbath Calendar or God's Calendar. And I have never said that weeks differ in length, I have showed however that Sabbaths are layed out as follows:

New Moon day = Day 1 of the month. (when the first sliver of the moon can seen from Jerusalem).
Day 8 = the 1st Sabbath.
Day 15 = the 2nd Sabbath

Then the process starts over with the sighting of the first sliver of the moon again, this happens with in a day or two - depending. Again the evidence is in the Bible which is explained in the longer posts and videos...

I will take this point and explain why this theory (whatever you call it) doesn't make sense.

According to the theory, in a 29 day month, the first Sabbath of the month is 8 days after the last Sabbath of the previous month (8 day week), while the next 3 Sabbaths are 7 days after the previous one (7 day week).

In a 30 day month (determined by watching the moon), there is an extra day at the end of the month (1 Day), then the new moon day (1 day), then a Sabbath on the 7th day (7 days)/ 1+1+7= a 9 day week.

So the week varies between 7 and 9 days.

Now- where is the evidence for this calendar of yours? where is the evidence?

chair

Watchman- Another question. Please a SHORT answer:
Where in the Bible is the New Moon day called a "Sabbath"?
Just the verse will suffice.

Thanks.

clefty

The next day begins at sundown.

Mar 4:35 And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side. [a new day doesn't begin at evening - it is evening and it is still the same day]

They left at noon?

WatchmanOnTheWall

WatchmanOnTheWall

I will take this point and explain why this theory (whatever you call it) doesn't make sense.

According to the theory, in a 29 day month, the first Sabbath of the month is 8 days after the last Sabbath of the previous month (8 day week), while the next 3 Sabbaths are 7 days after the previous one (7 day week).

In a 30 day month (determined by watching the moon), there is an extra day at the end of the month (1 Day), then the new moon day (1 day), then a Sabbath on the 7th day (7 days)/ 1+1+7= a 9 day week.

So the week varies between 7 and 9 days.

Now- where is the evidence for this calendar of yours? where is the evidence?

Yes, now you are beginning to understand the layout of the Lunar-Solar Sabbath Calendar (LSSC). You are quite right the 'break' in the 7 day weekly cycle is caused by the sighting of the new moon. Now I know this may not seem right or correct but that is because you are so used to the Gregorian calendar's 7 day week 'rolling' weekly cycle.

The evidence in scripture for this LSSC is scattered throughout the Bible and by carefully picking out the relevant verses the LSSC can be seen but it does take careful study or you will miss it.

The long post you read for example shows in Exodus how there was a Sabbath on day 22 in the 2nd month after leaving Egypt. The only was this could happen is with the LSSC. i.e:

Month 1 (Aviv)

Day 8 = the 1st Sabbath.
Day 15 = the 2nd Sabbath

Month 2 (Ziv)

Day 8 = the 1st Sabbath.
Day 15 = the 2nd Sabbath

This would not work with a rolling 7 day week. You can read that part again here:
https://guidetothebible.wordpress.com/start-reading-the-book

However, I feel you will not accept this because like many people who resist the LSSC they feel that the current 7 day rolling week 'must' be true and goes all the way back to Adam but there is no evidence for this. On the contrary all the historical evidence points to it only beginning in 45BC with the invention of the brand new Julian calendar. If you study this little know fact first you might be able to see that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

Just about all the hundreds of calendars that existed in the ancient world were Lunar-Solar calendars. The Julian calendar was one of the first purely Solar calendars with a fixed rolling weekly system.