When does the biblical day begin?

clefty

That is the way that I understand the verse and it changes nothing. The day when the lamb was killed was the 14th and then later in the day was the last supper. That also happened on the 14th.

Only if you dont believe the next day begins at evening...

If you believe the next day begins at evening the lambs were killed on the 14th and then at sundown it becomes the 15th...

Only if you understand that biblical days begin in the morning does the killing of the lambs the eating of them the SAME DAY...and the passing of the Wrath at midnight all happen on the 14th...

Jerry Shugart

Only if you dont believe the next day begins at evening...

I believe that the Jewish day begins in the morning. And I have proved over and over that the Last Supper was on the 14th, and not the 13th, as you imagine.

This passage is describing the events which happened on the day of the Last Supper:

"Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat. And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare? And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in. And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready. And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover. And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him. And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer" (Lk.22:7-15).​

You continue to insist that these verses describe what happened on the 13th despite the evidence proves that the lambs were killed on the 14th:

"Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening"
(Ex.12:5-6).​

S-word

BANNED
Banned
I believe that the Jewish day begins in the morning. And I have proved over and over that the Last Supper was on the 14th, and not the 13th, as you imagine.

This passage is describing the events which happened on the day of the Last Supper:

"Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat. And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare? And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in. And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready. And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover. And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him. And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer" (Lk.22:7-15).​

You continue to insist that these verses describe what happened on the 13th despite the evidence proves that the lambs were killed on the 14th:

"Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening"
(Ex.12:5-6).​

Jerry Shugart wrote........I believe that the Jewish day begins in the morning. And I have proved over and over that the Last Supper was on the 14th, and not the 13th, as you imagine.

S-word........Would you care to rephrase that sentence Jerry? If you believe that the Jewish day began in the morning and that Jesus died at 3PM on the 14th, how in heavens name, could he have eaten the Passover with his disciples (The Last Supper), in the evening of the 14th some 4 hours or more after his death?

According to your statement, the 14th began in the morning, Jesus died at 3PM on the 14th, then in the evening of the 14th, he ate his last supper with his disciples well after he had died.

clefty

Jerry Shugart wrote........I believe that the Jewish day begins in the morning. And I have proved over and over that the Last Supper was on the 14th, and not the 13th, as you imagine.

S-word........Would you care to rephrase that sentence Jerry? If you believe that the Jewish day began in the morning and that Jesus died at 3PM on the 14th, how in heavens name, could he have eaten the Passover with his disciples (The Last Supper), in the evening of the 14th some 4 hours or more after his death?

According to your statement, the 14th began in the morning, Jesus died at 3PM on the 14th, then in the evening of the 14th, he ate his last supper with his disciples well after he had died.

Is why I think it good to discuss how the days begin in the Bible as it irons things out...

Just like birthdays are celebrated and numbers at the end of the year after the year is past so are the days of the week at creation

And it came to be evening (daylight ends) and it came to be morning (nighttime ends)-- the day is now numbered...

The wrath passed over the same day the lambs were killed the same day the lambs were eaten...that is the command...to celebrate...to eat...not to fast

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Is why I think it good to discuss how the days begin in the Bible as it irons things out...

Just like birthdays are celebrated and numbers at the end of the year after the year is past so are the days of the week at creation

And it came to be evening (daylight ends) and it came to be morning (nighttime ends)-- the day is now numbered...

The wrath passed over the same day the lambs were killed the same day the lambs were eaten...that is the command...to celebrate...to eat...not to fast

No one who believes the Holy Scriptures is concerned about what you say, but rather what the scriptures reveal.

At what time of the day of preparation to the Passover does John 19: 14; say that Pilate sentenced Jesus to death?

At what time of the day of preparation do the scriptures (Matthew 27: 45.) say, that darkness covered the land around Jerusalem, some 3 hours after Jesus had been nailed to the cross?

I await your answers.

Jerry Shugart

Would you care to rephrase that sentence Jerry? If you believe that the Jewish day began in the morning and that Jesus died at 3PM on the 14th, how in heavens name, could he have eaten the Passover with his disciples (The Last Supper), in the evening of the 14th some 4 hours or more after his death?

I never said that He died on the 14th because the facts reveal that He died on the 15th.

clefty

No one who believes the Holy Scriptures is concerned about what you say, but rather what the scriptures reveal.
ok and?

At what time of the day of preparation to the Passover does John 19: 14; say that Pilate sentenced Jesus to death?

At what time of the day of preparation do the scriptures (Matthew 27: 45.) say, that darkness covered the land around Jerusalem, some 3 hours after Jesus had been nailed to the cross?

I await your answers.

The sixth hour from what? Certainly not the sunset of the day before...but of dawn the beginning of the day and daylight portion of the day...

He dies later that day in the afternoon daylight as the lambs are being killed for Passover meals that evening/night the 14th...midnight the 14the the Wrath passes over and come morning the 15th what is left of the meat is burnt...and He is in the tomb...

So day begins in the morning as it was the sixth hour from dawn...

clefty

Yes, the observers of the law understood a new day began at the evening that began night. That night was designated a special night to be observed each year as a memorial. (Exodus 12:42)

Hey didn't hear back from you regarding the counting of the creation day weeks...

And He called the light Day and it came to be evening then it came to be morning-first day or day one...

Does it help to see it as we count our birthdays...we have the year first and then we number it...

Will you think about it next time you are driving and see you odometer turn a number? you must travel the distance before you can count the mile...

Same with creation...the day must be complete before it is counted and morning completes the previous day...

Is why evening and morning WERE and then the day's number...

hope that helps...

Last edited:

clefty

Yes, thanks.

Well good. I hope others here see it too...

This of course means that He did not resurrect on Sunday...but the day before...

HalleleYah...

So there goes the "We worship on Sunday because that is when He rose" theory...

man and his traditions < Yah's times and ways...

S-word

BANNED
Banned
ok and?

The sixth hour from what? Certainly not the sunset of the day before...but of dawn the beginning of the day and daylight portion of the day...

He dies later that day in the afternoon daylight as the lambs are being killed for Passover meals that evening/night the 14th...midnight the 14the the Wrath passes over and come morning the 15th what is left of the meat is burnt...and He is in the tomb...

So day begins in the morning as it was the sixth hour from dawn...

You have said that he was sentenced to death at the 6th hour of daylight (Midday) on the day of preparation to the Passover and that the darkness covered the land at the 6th hour of daylight on the day of preparation (Midday) 3 hours after Jesus was nailed to the cross, at the 3rd hour of daylight on the day of preparation to the Jewish Passover.

If you believe that, then you are in need of serious psychiatric attention, my child.

It was in the darkness and it was the 6th hour (Midnight) of the day of preparation to the Jewish Passover that Pilate sentenced Jesus to death.

Jesus was nailed to the cross on the 3rd hour of daylight on the day of preparation to the Jewish Passover, darkness covered the land at the 6th hour (MIDDAY) of the day of preparation to the Jewish Passover, Jesus died at the 9th hour of the day of preparation to the Jewish Passover, and was buried Just as the sun set on the 14th day of preparation to the Jewish Passover, which the Jews ate in the evening, which was the beginning of the first of their seven day festival of unleavened bread.

These are the words of the Lord, proving that you are as Peter says, an unstable and biblical ignorant person, who attempts to twist all scripture to your own destruction..

clefty

You have said that he was sentenced to death at the 6th hour of daylight (Midday) on the day of preparation to the Passover and that the darkness covered the land at the 6th hour of daylight on the day of preparation (Midday) 3 hours after Jesus was nailed to the cross, at the 3rd hour of daylight on the day of preparation to the Jewish Passover.

If you believe that, then you are in need of serious psychiatric attention, my child.

It was in the darkness and it was the 6th hour (Midnight) of the day of preparation to the Jewish Passover that Pilate sentenced Jesus to death.

Jesus was nailed to the cross on the 3rd hour of daylight on the day of preparation to the Jewish Passover, darkness covered the land at the 6th hour (MIDDAY) of the day of preparation to the Jewish Passover, Jesus died at the 9th hour of the day of preparation to the Jewish Passover, and was buried Just as the sun set on the 14th day of preparation to the Jewish Passover, which the Jews ate in the evening, which was the beginning of the first of their seven day festival of unleavened bread.

These are the words of the Lord, proving that you are as Peter says, an unstable and biblical ignorant person, who attempts to twist all scripture to your own destruction..

Such histrionics...I need serious psychiatric attention for getting the time wrong? Lol

Sloppy yes, but hey, I can clean that up...

And since none of the counts either roman or Jewish begins at sunset...

This does nothing to prove biblical days begin at sunset...

Last edited:

clefty

This minor detail has profound ramifications indeed.

http://www.iahushua.com/ST-RP/twt.htm

Ok...so moving on past the creation week account we arrive at Lot and his daughters:

“Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father…And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him…And they made their father drink wine that night also.” Gen 19:30-35

This text clearly shows that the dark period which follows the sunset and precedes the sunrise belongs to the previous day. The next morning is the new day and the previous dark period is the yesternight or the night which belonged to the previous day.

The irony that within all this debauchery Yah still points to truth and His ways.

Day starts at morning = no Sunday resurrection...

clefty

Ok...so moving on past the creation week account we arrive at Lot and his daughters:

“Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father…And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him…And they made their father drink wine that night also.” Gen 19:30-35

This text clearly shows that the dark period which follows the sunset and precedes the sunrise belongs to the previous day. The next morning is the new day and the previous dark period is the yesternight or the night which belonged to the previous day.

The irony that within all this debauchery Yah still points to truth and His ways.

Day starts at morning = no Sunday resurrection...

http://www.2besaved.com/daystudy1.html

clefty

Exodus 12:6
And ye shall keep it until the fourteenth day of this month; and the whole congregation of the assembly of Israel shall kill it between the two evenings.

The fourteenth day is described here as being from evening to evening, as are all days:

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/exo12.pdf

http://biblehub.com/exodus/12-6.htm

1 Shemu'ĕl 19:11 And Sha’ul sent messengers to Dawiḏ’s house to watch him and to put him to death in the morning. And Miḵal, Dawiḏ’s wife,
informed him, saying, “If you do not save your life tonight, tomorrow you are put to death.”
The next morning was called tomorrow and the next day and "tonight" belonged to that same day(light) before.

Jerry Shugart

How is that?

Because at the time when the Lord Jesus walked the earth the day was reckoned from sunrise to sunrise. it was also reckoned that way during the time of the exodus:

"The Israelites set out from Rameses on the fifteenth day of the first month, the day after the Passover. They marched out defiantly in full view of all the Egyptians" (Num.33:3).​

The blood-stained houses were passed over on the 14th at midnight and the Israelites departed the next morning at sunrise which began the 15th day.

The Lord Jesus ate the Passover meal with the Apostles on the 14th, and when the morning arrived the 15th day began and He was crucified later that day.