When does the biblical day begin?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Taking scripture out of context is one of the first things any Christian should learn.

That verse relates specifically to Fellowship offerings and not the Passover Lamb, and actually in certain circumstances part of the Fellowship Offering can be eaten the next day as well, but you need to take it in context to know that:

Leviticus 7
The Fellowship Offering

11“ ‘These are the regulations for the fellowship offering anyone may present to the Lord:

12“ ‘If they offer it as an expression of thankfulness, then along with this thank offering they are to offer thick loaves made without yeast and with olive oil mixed in, thin loaves made without yeast and brushed with oil, and thick loaves of the finest flour well-kneaded and with oil mixed in. 13Along with their fellowship offering of thanksgiving they are to present an offering with thick loaves of bread made with yeast. 14They are to bring one of each kind as an offering, a contribution to the Lord; it belongs to the priest who splashes the blood of the fellowship offering against the altar. 15The meat of their fellowship offering of thanksgiving must be eaten on the day it is offered; they must leave none of it till morning.

16“ ‘If, however, their offering is the result of a vow or is a freewill offering, the sacrifice shall be eaten on the day they offer it, but anything left over may be eaten on the next day. 17Any meat of the sacrifice left over till the third day must be burned up. 18If any meat of the fellowship offering is eaten on the third day, the one who offered it will not be accepted. It will not be reckoned to their credit, for it has become impure; the person who eats any of it will be held responsible.

Not to mention they hadn't made it to Sinai yet.

Jerry Shugart

That's what I thought, your ideas are academic but not based on "hands-on" experience.

My ideas are based on what the Scriptures say. You are so inexperienced that you think that you are right despite the fact that your ideas are contradicted by the Scriptures.

"And they departed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the next day after the passover the children of Israel went out with an high hand in the sight of all the Egyptians"
(Num.33:3).​

The 15th was THE NEXT Day after the passover. That means that the passover had ended by the end of the 14th day.

Despite this you deny what is so plain in the Scriptures and assert that the passover was not over on the 14th but instead continued unto the 15th.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Same as now. :)

Our hours are sixty minutes by definition, their hours varied with the season of the year.

They began their night at the twelfth hour of the day (6 PM).

And they did not have daylight savings time. It was cut and dry.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
My ideas are based on what the Scriptures say. You are so inexperienced that you think that you are right despite the fact that your ideas are contradicted by the Scriptures.

Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread drew near, which is called Passover. (Luke 22:1)​

Are you claiming the the Feast of Unleavened Bread was one day on the 14th?

Jerry Shugart

Are you claiming the the Feast of Unleavened Bread was one day on the 14th?

No, I never claimed that. It is you who has merged the "passover" with the "feast of unleavened bread."

They were separate and distinct feasts of the LORD, one began on the 14th and the other began on the 15th (Lev.23:5-6).

Unleavened bread was eaten on the passover (Ex.12:8) and unleavened bread was eaten during the seven days of the feat of unleavened bread. that is why we read this:

"In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at even, ye shall eat unleavened bread, until the one and twentieth day of the month at even" (Ex.12:18).​

That's "eight" days when unleavened bread was eaten but when you merge the passover with the first day of unleavened bread you only have "seven" days.

But you have already proved that you will never let the Scriptures stand in your way when it comes to your explanation of these things! You have no final authority on these matters except yourself.

What if I shared with you that I am right, then what?

Why would I think that you will ever do that since so far all you have proved is that you refuse to believe what the Scriptures say on this matter?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why would I think that you will ever do that since so far all you have proved is that you refuse to believe what the Scriptures say on this matter?

Do you mean like this scripture?

Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread drew near, which is called Passover. (Luke 22:1)​

Is that the scripture you refer to when you say they are separate?

Jerry Shugart

Do you mean like this scripture?

Is that the scripture you refer to when you say they are separate?

Just because the Jews "called" the "feast of unleavened bread" the "passover" does not mean that the two festivals merged. You do know that the number "seven" is not the same numbers as "eight," don't you?

WeberHome

-
Leviticus 23:32 King James Version (KJV) *It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

That verse is useful for proving that the seventh day of the Jews' week doesn't have a lock on the word sabbath.

Two more special sabbaths like Yom Kippur's are Feast of Trumpets (Lev 23:23-25) and the first and last days of the Feast of Unleavened Bread.(Ex 12:16, Lev 23:5-8)

When people are unaware of the existence of special sabbaths, they invariably misunderstand John 19:31 to be speaking of the weekly seventh-day sabbath instead of the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread; which commences at night with the Passover dinner of roasted lambs that were slaughtered and cooked that afternoon prior to sundown.

/

Last edited:

clefty

To which day of the month is this referring?:

"Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat. And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare? And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in. And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready. And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover. And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him. And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer"
(Lk.22:7-15).​

Since you consider yourself an expert on these things this question should be easy for you to answer!

I don't consider myself an expert just come to believe morning starts the day...and Passover fits nicely with that...

So this text refers to the entire unleavened feast which includes Passover...and a big production was made of it all...but the 14h is when the passover lamb is killed then the sun sets and it is eaten that same day/night and the wrath passes over at midnight of the still 14th...SEE? SAME DAY...come sunrise the Passover is over they are passed over...ITS NOW 15th

So again, kill lamb, eat lamb, burn remains before sunrise...oh and eat standing with staff in hand with sandals on feet, no wine in the original Passover no leavened bread to dip in the sop its unleavened bread and no going out of the house...until after morning

He sure did want to keep this Passover with them but did not...it was like a big thing this once a year Passover, the beginning of the year festival when all celebrated at home...hmmmm...no mention of His mother or family either... He was killed as the lambs were...did not celebrate Passover that year...

clefty

Taking scripture out of context is one of the first things any Christian should learn.

That verse relates specifically to Fellowship offerings and not the Passover Lamb, and actually in certain circumstances part of the Fellowship Offering can be eaten the next day as well,
the meat part must be eaten or burned entirely before the next day...you know as with the Passover lamb...that free will, with a vow, thank offering...this study just gets better I tells ya...

but you need to take it in context to know that:

Leviticus 7
The Fellowship Offering

11“ ‘These are the regulations for the fellowship offering anyone may present to the Lord:

12“ ‘If they offer it as an expression of thankfulness, then along with this thank offering they are to offer thick loaves made without yeast and with olive oil mixed in, thin loaves made without yeast and brushed with oil, and thick loaves of the finest flour well-kneaded and with oil mixed in. 13Along with their fellowship offering of thanksgiving they are to present an offering with thick loaves of bread made with yeast. 14They are to bring one of each kind as an offering, a contribution to the Lord; it belongs to the priest who splashes the blood of the fellowship offering against the altar. 15The meat of their fellowship offering of thanksgiving must be eaten on the day it is offered; they must leave none of it till morning.

16“ ‘If, however, their offering is the result of a vow or is a freewill offering, the sacrifice shall be eaten on the day they offer it, but anything left over may be eaten on the next day. 17Any meat of the sacrifice left over till the third day must be burned up. 18If any meat of the fellowship offering is eaten on the third day, the one who offered it will not be accepted. It will not be reckoned to their credit, for it has become impure; the person who eats any of it will be held responsible.

Yup Passover is under that thanks free will vow offering category...

It's been good discussing the Passover but I was focused on the beginning of the biblical day...

But I just listed that text to show that the day begins in the morning as the meat killed/offered must be eaten on the same day which does not turn to the next day with the setting sun...but must be eaten or burnt entirely before the next day's morning rising sun...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Just because the Jews "called" the "feast of unleavened bread" the "passover" does not mean that the two festivals merged.

Some people believe scripture was inspired by the holy Spirit. I see you don't and that's okay.

Peter even thought the prophets had the Spirit of Christ, but you probably don't accept that so I feel sure you will disregard Ezekiel.

Do you even believe Ezekiel was a prophet? Well, no matter.

In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, you shall observe the Passover, a feast of seven days, unleavened bread shall be eaten. (Ezekiel 45:21)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jerry, I learned a long time ago that algebra cannot be taught to a cow. She just stands there looking at you with big brown eyes and thinking to herself :wazzup:.

:cow: