When does one become part of the body of Christ?

oatmeal

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- Who is this person who receives this faith by grace...? A person who is a believer already or a person who needs conversion and does not yet believe?

Would God contradict himself?

No, He would not.

So explain why His word states confess and believe in Romans 10:9-10

When you rightly divide the word of truth, you can make a distinction between what God offers for free and what you must to to receive what God freely gives.

Samie

The power to believe is part of every human being.

Because all humans have a brain, a mind, and the ability to use them

Granted, all ultimately came from God, but it is not in addition to what was part of the original design.

Adam and Eve had the power to use their brains, their mind and the ability to choose, as do all humans

What anyone chooses to believe after that is dependent on what they learn or are taught from references outside of themselves.

You can choose to believe God or not believe God.

You can choose to do confess and believe, Romans 10:9-10, or not.

As far as Abraham goes, I am thankful that I have the written logos of God to refer to.

Imagine if you were expected to remember all of what scripture says without a written record.

God revealed himself to His holy prophets and other men and women of God by revelation.

Some of what God revealed God had men like Moses, Jeremiah... etc. write down
Do you now agree that people are FIRST in Christ, the ONLY Source of power, before they can have the power to believe and then do the act of believing?

God's Truth

In all your ways acknowledge him means in all your ways acknowledge him.

Obey him means obey him

Until you acknowledge him you have nothing to obey

No.

Do you acknowledge him while you are sinning?!!!

I tell you, please listen to me.

We obey by repenting then get understanding.

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

If we obey Jesus---THEN WE WILL KNOW THE TRUTH.

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Jesus reveals himself to those who obey him.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

God's Truth

We do not even have to have understanding first, but we have to obey.

We get understanding AFTER obeying.

The God of peace WILL be with you, when you have put to practice what He has said to do.

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 for one who goes astray is an abomination to the LORD, but he reveals his intimate counsel to the upright.

Proverbs 28:5 Evildoers do not understand what is right, but those who seek the LORD understand it fully

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. Acknowledge him in all your ways, and he will make your paths straight.

God's Truth

I don't think you understand what I teach.

Again, I'm saying that it is impossible is for one to be able to do SOMETHING without first having the power to do ANYTHING, and that power can only be had when one is PLUGGED IN first to the ONLY Source of power: Christ, the power of God (1 Cor 1:24), and Who Himself said that all power in heaven and earth is given Him (Matt 28:18), and that when NOT in Him, man can do NOTHING (John 15:5).

The electric bulb shines because it is PLUGGED IN to the source of power; it does not shine for it to be plugged in. So with us. We can do something because we have the power to do it, being plugged in to Him Who is the only source of power - Christ.

How is that nonsense, GT?

I understand what you believe and it is error.

Jesus came first for those who already belonged to him, but that is not the situation now.

ttruscott

Would God contradict himself?

No, He would not.

So explain why His word states confess and believe in Romans 10:9-10

When you rightly divide the word of truth, you can make a distinction between what God offers for free and what you must to to receive what God freely gives.

This is a red herring used to dodge the meaning of Ephesians 2:8 answer my question and I will attempt to answer yours...

Epoisses

That is a lie from the pit of hell.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Legalist slime who takes the name of Christ on his unholy lips. Go back to the pits of hell where you belong.

Samie

GT, when I posted this:
I don't think you understand what I teach.

Again, I'm saying that it is impossible is for one to be able to do SOMETHING without first having the power to do ANYTHING, and that power can only be had when one is PLUGGED IN first to the ONLY Source of power: Christ, the power of God (1 Cor 1:24), and Who Himself said that all power in heaven and earth is given Him (Matt 28:18), and that when NOT in Him, man can do NOTHING (John 15:5).

The electric bulb shines because it is PLUGGED IN to the source of power; it does not shine for it to be plugged in. So with us. We can do something because we have the power to do it, being plugged in to Him Who is the only source of power - Christ.

How is that nonsense, GT?
Your reply came:
I understand what you believe and it is error.
Did you notice the difference between my post and yours? You just say it is error, and that includes what Jesus said man can do NOTHING when NOT in Him?

Jesus came first for those who already belonged to him, but that is not the situation now.
He was sent to the world, GT, the whole world. "For God so loved the world ...". Have you forgotten John 3:16?

God's Truth

GT, when I posted this:

Your reply came:
Did you notice the difference between my post and yours? You just say it is error, and that includes what Jesus said man can do NOTHING when NOT in Him?

He was sent to the world, GT, the whole world. "For God so loved the world ...". Have you forgotten John 3:16?

I have explained this to you more than once.

When Jesus came to earth and had his earthly ministry, he came ONLY for the lost sheep of Israel.

The lost sheep of Israel are the Jews who were already a child of God and saved.

The rest of the world was all bound to disobedience, condemned,so that God could have mercy on all, but they had to first come to God through Jesus.

John, in which you referenced, he is speaking after Jesus died and rose again.

When Jesus was crucified---then all can come to him to be saved. See John 12:32.

Samie

I have explained this to you more than once.

When Jesus came to earth and had his earthly ministry, he came ONLY for the lost sheep of Israel.

The lost sheep of Israel are the Jews who were already a child of God and saved.

The rest of the world was all bound to disobedience, condemned,so that God could have mercy on all, but they had to first come to God through Jesus.

John, in which you referenced, he is speaking after Jesus died and rose again.

When Jesus was crucified---then all can come to him to be saved. See John 12:32.
You have not tried even once to explain how one, while not PLUGGED IN to the ONLY Source of power: Christ, can have any power to do any act of obedience.

Where did you get the power to obey if not yet PLUGGED IN to Christ Who is the only source of power?

God's Truth

You have not tried even once to explain how one, while not PLUGGED IN to the ONLY Source of power: Christ, can have any power to do any act of obedience.

Where did you get the power to obey if not yet PLUGGED IN to Christ Who is the only source of power?

I have explained it to you many times. Jesus was telling his disciples not to leave him; and that they could do nothing without him. Of course all could hear the powerful words of God and be saved,for that is how one is saved. You have to want God's truth. Maybe you should repent for believing falseness and see what happens. What will it hurt?

Samie

I have explained it to you many times. Jesus was telling his disciples not to leave him; and that they could do nothing without him. Of course all could hear the powerful words of God and be saved,for that is how one is saved. You have to want God's truth. Maybe you should repent for believing falseness and see what happens. What will it hurt?
Again:

God's Truth

Again:

Jesus' words are powerful. You don't get "plugged in" until you obey those words.

Samie

Jesus' words are powerful. You don't get "plugged in" until you obey those words.
Again: