What would make you Catholic?

musterion

Non-Catholics - what evidence would convince you that the Catholic Church was and is the Church founded by Christ?

That's not exactly what the title asked, now is it.

To answer that question: such evidence does not exist.

To answer the title: if Rome permanently took Christ off the cross and stopped pretending to daily crucify Him afresh...that would be a start. Maybe.

genuineoriginal

the sins of ANY church have NOTHING to do with the TEACHINGS of the Church
Sure it does.
When the church is more known for its sins than for its teachings, then the only thing the church is teaching is its sins.

However, in the case of the Catholic Church, the sin of idolatry is compounded by the teachings of Augustinian heresies.

It turns it into a lose-lose situation.

Cruciform

To answer the title: if Rome permanently took Christ off the cross and stopped pretending to daily crucify Him afresh...that would be a start. Maybe.
Straw Man Fallacy. Try again.

QUESTION: What does the term "Other" specifically stand for in your religious affiliation?

republicanchick

if I weren't Catholic I would look @ those BEAUTIFUL cathedrals... all that ancient art... DaVinci, etc...

and I would just feel... inspired...

and would want to investigate...

also, i would look at the Church's BEAUTIFUL teachings on the sacredness of human life, how all are created in God's image and worthy of dignity

and I would want to investigate...

and then I would go into a Church and feel the tangible Presence... and...

that would be that

+++

Cruciform

Google. Was defined at length about 2 weeks ago. IOW, Answered post#____.
Google is no help at all, offering any number of possible meanings, none of which is in any way religious or Christian. Please define "UESIC," or perhaps post the number of the post in which an explanation appears.

HisServant

if I weren't Catholic I would look @ those BEAUTIFUL cathedrals... all that ancient art... DaVinci, etc...

and I would just feel... inspired...

and would want to investigate...

also, i would look at the Church's BEAUTIFUL teachings on the sacredness of human life, how all are created in God's image and worthy of dignity

and I would want to investigate...

and then I would go into a Church and feel the tangible Presence... and...

that would be that

+++

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I doubt God is impressed with anything you hold of value in your religion.

The only thing of beauty to God is his son... Who died on the cross...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Non-Catholics - what evidence would convince you that the Catholic Church was and is the Church founded by Christ?

For Acts of the Apostles, Paul's letters, and Peter's comment about Paul to be removed from the Bible and we are told "oops" with a straight face. Something like that.

glassjester

The next problem preventing my conversion would be the Augustinian Heresies.

So any Church, in order to be Christ's true Church, must conform to your specifications?

G.O., is it possible for a theological doctrine to be objectively true, even if you think it's false?

glassjester

For Acts of the Apostles, Paul's letters, and Peter's comment about Paul to be removed from the Bible and we are told "oops" with a straight face. Something like that.

Is it possible for an individual to misunderstand Scripture?

republicanchick

One BILLION dollars.

drevil_cover.jpg

Is this Bright Raven?

:)

+

Right Divider

Body part
But if the Catholic Church is Christ's Church, then we don't have idols.
Oh that wonderful false logic of the RCC.

I am not asking what teachings you personally would change. I am asking what evidence could convince you that the Catholic Church, as it exists today, was and is the Church founded by Christ.
The evidence is complete that the RCC is a false faith and completely opposed to what the Bible teaches.

republicanchick

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I doubt God is impressed with anything you hold of value in your religion.

The only thing of beauty to God is his son... Who died on the cross...

God was the one who told the Israelites to make the temple ornate... lots of gold and brass and purple cloth...

so tell HIM

++

glassjester

Oh that wonderful false logic of the RCC.

Which Catholic doctrine, specifically, is illogical?

The evidence is complete that the RCC is a false faith and completely opposed to what the Bible teaches.

Is that true just because you said it?

Let me try.

The evidence is complete that the Catholic Church was founded by Christ, and is His true historic Church.

See how easy it is to speak without supporting your claims?