What would make you Catholic?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Non-Catholics - what evidence would convince you that the Catholic Church was and is the Church founded by Christ?

kind of like asking an atheist what would make them believe in God

the evidence is there
but
it has to be something that you want

glassjester

The Catholics would have to repent of the idols first.

But if the Catholic Church is Christ's Church, then we don't have idols.

I am not asking what teachings you personally would change. I am asking what evidence could convince you that the Catholic Church, as it exists today, was and is the Church founded by Christ.

nikolai_42

Non-Catholics - what evidence would convince you that the Catholic Church was and is the Church founded by Christ?

Getting rid of the Papacy would be a big step in that direction...

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Matthew 23:9,11

Then there's transubstantiation...

Brother Vinny

One BILLION dollars.

drevil_cover.jpg

Reactions: Lon

Brother Vinny

So Christ Himself would be tested against your own personal religious beliefs?

He could only truly be Christ if he agreed with you?

Hey, what incontrovertible proof could he give? We're already warned there'll be false Christs in the end times.

It isn't about agreeing with me. It's about what empirical evidence he could provide. If signs and wonders are within the province of even the false Christs, what acid test could I use to prove the true Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
So Christ Himself would be tested against your own personal religious beliefs?

He could only truly be Christ if he agreed with you?

In the last days the anti-Christ will come out of the Catholic church and will deceive many, Revelation 13:13, 14.

glassjester

Hey, what incontrovertible proof could he give? We're already warned there'll be false Christs in the end times.

It isn't about agreeing with me. It's about what empirical evidence he could provide. If signs and wonders are within the province of even the false Christs, what acid test could I use to prove the true Christ?

Is it possible for a theological doctrine to be objectively true, even if you personally believe it is false?