What would make you Catholic?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
In the last days the anti-Christ will come out of the Catholic church and will deceive many, Revelation 13:13, 14.

This would go with world peace. The Roman church has the power right now to create world peace. It might not be a lasting peace but it would be long enough to get the job done.

Brother Vinny

Would you have believed Jesus to be the Christ when He walked the earth in the first century?

I don't know--too many variables. I like to think I would. If I was born in the same place--Tulsa, Oklahoma--then probably not, unless the Mormons are right about things. Am I a Gentile or a Jew? Again, there are a lot of variables.

Robert Pate

Banned
No. I was responding to Robert Pate. Go back and re-read. :)

There is nothing, absolutly nothing in the New Testament about a Catholic church in Rome.

John wrote to the seven churches in Asia, Revelation 1:11.

Nothing to a church in Rome. Why is that?

genuineoriginal

But if the Catholic Church is Christ's Church, then we don't have idols.
And the opposite argument is that since you have idols, you cannot be Christ's Church.

I am not asking what teachings you personally would change. I am asking what evidence could convince you that the Catholic Church, as it exists today, was and is the Church founded by Christ.
Right now the biggest evidence that proves without a shadow of a doubt that the Catholic Church is not and never was the Church founded by Christ is the idols.

Therefore, it is not possible to convince me until you remove the idols.

glassjester

And the opposite argument is that since you have idols, you cannot be Christ's Church.

Right now the biggest evidence that proves without a shadow of a doubt that the Catholic Church is not and never was the Church founded by Christ is the idols.

Therefore, it is not possible to convince me until you remove the idols.

So if all the statues (and paintings and stained glass windows?) were removed from Catholic churches... you'd convert?

Brother Vinny

This is an odd thread. Just about all of the participants here are convinced by the Church as it currently stands is not Christ's Church, mainly because of how it currently stands. The obvious answer is the Church would have to become more "Protestant," to a degree in which the Catholic Church would lose much of its present identity.

Catholicism isn't going to do that, and Protestants aren't going to swim the Tiber unless they're somehow convinced the Catholic Church is more biblical than their own (and that using their biased interpretations of the text).

I just don't see the point. Maybe God likes a Christianity of many shades and hues.

Reactions: Lon

glassjester

There is nothing, absolutly nothing in the New Testament about a Catholic church in Rome.

There's nothing about Robert Pate either. Yet you are real. And you are (I assume) genuinely who you claim to be.

Do you believe that every theological truth is contained in the Bible?

republicanchick

The Catholics would have to repent of the idols first.

he who points his finger at others has 3 pointing back @ himself

the sins of ANY church have NOTHING to do with the TEACHINGS of the Church

Logic 101

But this is especially true in the Catholic Church. Jesus abides in His Catholic Church, tangibly. IF people ignore him, it is by choice and has nothing to do with how awesome Jesus is

___