What would make you Catholic?

Cedarbay

Fact: Homosexual priests have been the problem. Proof: 81 percent of the victims have been male, and more than 95 percent have been postpubescent. When males have sex with postpubescent males, it is called homosexuality.
Then it has not been answered to my satisfaction and my position stands.
Could you cite your stats, please.

Would like stats of pre and post if you have them handy.

***nevermind***

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Fact: Homosexual priests have been the problem. Proof: 81 percent of the victims have been male, and more than 95 percent have been postpubescent. When males have sex with postpubescent males, it is called homosexuality.
Then it has not been answered to my satisfaction and my position stands.

this is true

the church no longer knowingly ordains homosexuals

Wick Stick

Wick Stick said:
Celibacy aside, informed readers will recognize that there is no division between "clergy" or "laity" within the New Testament church. This post is inane.
You must be kidding. Where do you get your info?
Um... the New Testament. You even quoted it.

But, please, show me where the words "clergy" or "laity" exist in the Bible.

Actually, I'll be happy to accept it from other early church writings as well, provided that they are from the New Testament era (1st century).

Jarrod

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
looking at this title makes me wonder

what makes you a catholic?

the pope

the belief Jesus left us with someone who could settle all the arguments

musterion

the pope

the belief Jesus left us with someone who could settle all the arguments

Like when competing popes tried excommunicating each other? Commanded people be tortured, hanged and burned? Ordered that the Bible remain unpublished in common languages under penalty of death?

Cedarbay

Like when competing popes tried excommunicating each other? Commanded people be tortured, hanged and burned? Ordered that the Bible remain unpublished in common languages under penalty of death?
Would you agree we all come from depravity?