What would make you Catholic?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Is it possible for anyone (not just you or me), but is it possible for a human being to disbelieve an objectively true doctrine?
Too bad you do not receive the word with eagerness (1 Thess 2:13, Mk 4:20, Ac 17:11).

"Too bad." :chz4brnz: ~ Seth Brundle, The Fly

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I don't know if this is disbelieve but they won't want to hear it.
2 Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

bigear.gif

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You have been on this board for how long?... and are just asking now?

I'm not an open theist... maybe you should start a thread asking them to explain themselves.

I just asked you a reasonable question about something you brought up suggesting I don't belong here because of it

HisServant

I just asked you a reasonable question about something you brought up suggesting I don't belong here because of it

Wow... just wow.

People say that Roman Catholics are not allowed to think on their own and form their own opinions and they are used to having everything spoon fed to them.

You are reinforcing that stereotype.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Given that this board is primarily dedicated to Open Theism.... why does that suprise you and why do you think you should post here with immunity?

You are in enemy territory.... learn to live with it or leave.... no one here cares one iota about Roman Catholicism... yet you guys come here and cause unwanted trouble all the time.

And when you are called out for your idiocy.. you get offended.... its some of the more stupid behavior I have seen and makes people hate Catholics even more.

Wow... just wow.

People say that Roman Catholics are not allowed to think on their own and form their own opinions and they are used to having everything spoon fed to them.

You are reinforcing that stereotype.

do you forget what you post?

Lon

Non-Catholics - what evidence would convince you that the Catholic Church was and is the Church founded by Christ?
This kind of question doesn't recognize the cries of the Reformation regarding sola scriptura and sola fide. The whole structure of the Reformation is adamantly against both how Catholic church functions, as well as certain what's and how's that she views to be truth and authority.

It wouldn't be evidence from you, but rather a rejection of sola scriptura and sola fide that could allow any Reformed to convert to Catholicism. The ones who have become Catholic, have soundly rejected the sola's and have dropped Reformed concern, as well as stopped being evangelical. There is no other way there can be a breach without complete compromise. The Reformation needed to happen.

It is interesting to see so much Catholic interest in Protestant converts though. It did operate this way in the past....

Socially/politically, we carry a lot of mutuality. Spiritually, we must embrace the Reformation. -Lon

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
This kind of question doesn't recognize the cries of the Reformation regarding sola scriptura and sola fide. The whole structure of the Reformation is adamantly against both how Catholic church functions, as well as certain what's and how's that she views to be truth and authority.

It wouldn't be evidence from you, but rather a rejection of sola scriptura and sola fide that could allow any Reformed to convert to Catholicism. The ones who have become Catholic, have soundly rejected the sola's and have dropped Reformed concern, as well as stopped being evangelical. There is no other way there can be a breach without complete compromise. The Reformation needed to happen.

It is interesting to see so much Catholic interest in Protestant converts though. It did operate this way in the past....

Socially/politically, we carry a lot of mutuality. Spiritually, we must embrace the Reformation. -Lon

so called sola scripture is not doing so well
and
even in the east they broke up into many sections

rome has keep it together

Cedarbay

+ rep

Lon - Do you know the history behind the rejection of sola scriptura - particularly as it relates to some Early Church Fathers and Councils that the RCC and EO consider infallible?

Reactions: Lon

Lon

+ rep

Lon - Do you know the history behind the rejection of sola scriptura - particularly as it relates to some Early Church Fathers and Councils that the RCC and EO consider infallible?
Somewhat, but a link or post would be welcome :)

Lon

maybe too much
That'd be sort of like saying you are too much of a Catholic. I think we get along well because our sensibilities are close, but they are certainly different as well and we must appreciate (appraisals) those differences. In Him -Lon