What would make you Catholic?

HisServant

More people listen to the pope than just Catholics. Case in point, the last visit by Francis.

Really?... Philadelphia was a ghost town... people left in droves because they didn't want to deal with the lunacy... and the crowds were less than 1/4 of what was planned for.

HisServant

you are free to believe whatever
we got this big church in rome with peter's name on it
and
billions paying attention to what the pope says

I can build a church in my back hard and name it after Peter.. then it's just a matter of marketing.

Billion?... its less than a billion these days, but hey, don't let reality get in the way of your delusions.

Non-Catholics - what evidence would convince you that the Catholic Church was and is the Church founded by Christ?

Repudiate all false extra-Biblical doctrines in the Catechism; wear Catholic garb only on Halloween; fire Pope Francis, for that matter get rid of Popes, period; stop addressing anybody but God as Father; try simply resembling the first century faith of Jesus Christ and the apostles; sell all the statues of Mary on eBay, using the proceeds to distribute free Bibles, with a pamphlet insert, explaining why Sola Scriptura was always a sound approach to true faith... Sorry, this will just turn into much too long a post. Shall we simply sum it up thus? When pigs fly.

Matthew 15

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

HisServant

Then the only question left is which of our chosen doctrinal tradition's is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself, and therefore teaches in his own name and by his very authority? Is it [1] the one historic Catholic Church, or is it [2] your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect?

Please post your proof in support of your preferred non-Catholic sect.

There is no historic evidence between the 1st and 3rd century that the RCC is Christ's Historic church. (Unless you believe that self confessed liar.. Eusebius)

That has been proven to you many, many times, but in your cognitive dissonance you refuse to accept facts.

The RCC is nothing more that the state sponsored invented religion of the Roman Empire.. and that is all.

Cedarbay

Who do you think "the lambs" are?

As do all the popes. Sheesh. Peter said that AS A BISHOP, just like the popes do.
How you people exalt man. It is disgusting.

You do not believe Scripture is infallible. You place your traditions of men (the ECF and Councils) above Scripture by calling them infallible. At least up to the 9th century.

You don't even believe in papal authority, so what's your beef with my post?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
How you people exalt man. It is disgusting.

You do not believe Scripture is infallible. You place your traditions of men (the ECF and Councils) above Scripture by calling them infallible. At least up to the 9th century.

You don't even believe in papal authority, so what's your beef with my post?

answer the question

Who do you think "the lambs" are?

Cedarbay

francis was give the authority by the Lamb of God
Not what I asked.

Are you daily and personally fed by the Lamb of God?

Are you enjoying the fellowship of the Holy Spirit?

Are you blessed by God's promise of eternal glory with Christ, given to His sheep?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Not what I asked.

Are you daily and personally fed by the Lamb of God?

Are you enjoying the fellowship of the Holy Spirit?

Are you blessed by God's promise of eternal glory with Christ, given to His sheep?

yes to all three

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Glad to hear it.

BTW - regarding Chesterton:

I've been watching the Father Brown series and they are quite entertaining. Getting them through the library.

I love chesterton
but
I don't necessarily agree with him
I will never know what it is like to not believe
and
I will continue to read him again and again because it is thought provoking
I love his arguments