ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

Danoh

I am NOT a dispensationalist. Please consider what I say, and give me a response accordingly.

Hey GT - welcome back; hope all is well with you.

As for expecting a response from Tel, have a seat, you just might have a long wait; his only interest is in baiting the Dispys on TOL with questions he has no real interest in exploring the answers to unless they fit his delusions.

Notice he barely ever posts to any other thread other than these. And when that is not the case, he starts new threads towards this same intent of his - to set off strife with Dispys.

The man clearly has some unresolved neurotic issues going on.

Like I said, you just might have a long wait.

God's Truth

Hey GT - welcome back; hope all is well with you.

As for expecting a response from Tel, have a seat, you just might have a long wait; his only interest is in baiting the Dispys on TOL with questions he has no real interest in exploring the answers to unless they fit his delusions.

Notice he barely ever posts to any other thread other than these. And when that is not the case, he starts new threads towards this same intent of his - to set off strife with Dispys.

Like I said, you just might have a long wait.

You might be right, and it is good to know that it is not only me having troubles getting an answer. I have been trying for a long time to discuss Preterism more deeply with him. However, he just might be more astute with the dispensationalists?

P.S. Thanks for the welcome back.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The world is God's creation, and the whole creation groans.

Romans 8:22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

Please respond to that. Tell me how you think Jesus put that enemy under his feet if the whole creation is still groaning.

Eternal life is not found in the OT.

Notice Paul says "up to the present time".

70AD changed everything.

Believers no longer go to Abraham's bosom when they die, they go to the kingdom of God

After our bodies are REDEEMED, we will live on a new earth.

I disagree, there is no such thing as a literal "new earth". The "new earth and new heavens" are the New Covenant, which we currently live in.

Our spirits go to be with Jesus after the death of our physical body---BUT we do not get a SPIRITUAL PHYSICAL BODY until Jesus comes again at the resurrection.

That doesn't make any sense.

If the resurrection is a yet future event, then our spirits would be body-less.

Remember what I said and please reply to my saying that the glorified bodies happen at the resurrection, when Jesus comes again; and then this earth will flee, and we will live on a new earth.

The resurrection happened in 70AD.

Prior to 70AD, believers had to go to Abraham's bosom, and wait for the resurrection.

When I studied Preterism with someone well educated on the subject, the only thing that stopped me from adopting his beliefs was the fact that this creation still groans because we all still slowly decay, die, and decay some more, along with the animals, plants, and even this earth.

There is no reason to groan in the New Covenant. We are assured eternal life. There is no reason to fear the first death, Jesus said the following:

(Matt 10:28) And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Satan is the reason we lose our physical body. Don't you think that we should have a physical body given back to us?

No, our physical bodies were made "a little lower than the angels", but now we are crowned with glory and honor (Heb 2:7)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where exactly in Isaiah are you contemplating? Does not Isaiah 65 speak of what would have been IF people obeyed? Does not Isaiah 66 show that people would not obey, so things must follow through with a literal destruction of the world?

(Isaiah 65:17) “See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind..............
....(Isaiah 65:23) They will not labor in vain,
nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune;
for they will be a people blessed by the Lord,
they and their descendants with them.

The above passage proves that "the new heavens and new earth" take place on planet earth, not in heaven.

In heaven, nobody marries.

Danoh

Tel and his lot are ever the rewriter's of the Apostle Paul's words - he related that we groan in pain together to this very moment; Tel says otherwise.

Then again, the Apostle Paul worked for a living; pajama pants boy.

ClimateSanity

Darby followers have no other choice.

Dispensationalism can't stand the test of scripture, so Darby followers do everything they can to distract

Notice how the three verses from the Apostle Paul that validate Preterism and prove Dispensationalism wrong keep getting ignored?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you follow the teachings/inventions of fallable men Tet?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Nope.

I can defend Preterism, and at the same time, prove your Dispensationalism wrong.

Case in point, not one of you Darby followers has even attempted to explain the three verses I gave from the Apostle Paul that validate Preterism and prove Dispensationalism wrong.

You are no different than Little Johnny W. Neither of you can defend Darby's false teachings, and instead attack the person who points out Darby's errors.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dispensationalism can be traced to one man (John Nelson Darby)

I have challenged you Darby Followers to show Preterism being traced to one man. To date, not one of you have been able to.

Care to give it a shot GlobalWarmingBoy?

ClimateSanity

Dispensationalism can be traced to one man (John Nelson Darby)

I have challenged you Darby Followers to show Preterism being traced to one man. To date, not one of you have been able to.

Care to give it a shot GlobalWarmingBoy?

Try again.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tel and his lot are ever the rewriter's of the Apostle Paul's words - he related that we groan in pain together to this very moment; Tel says otherwise.

Nope.

Paul said otherwise.

Paul knew the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ was soon, not 2,000 years into the future.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Try again.

I don't.

Preterism can't be traced to one man.

Dispensationalism can be traced to one man. John Nelson Darby invented it in 1830.

Dispensationalism didn't exist before Darby.

God's Truth

Eternal life is not found in the OT.

The resurrection from the dead was spoken of in the Old Testament.

Read this and tell me what you think:

Job 19:26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;

Don’t you think that scripture nullifies Preterism?

Notice Paul says "up to the present time".

70AD changed everything.

Believers no longer go to Abraham's bosom when they die, they go to the kingdom of God.
That is right. However, Job says after his skin has been destroyed, in his flesh he will see God.

Read what Daniel says:

Daniel 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

When a person dies, their spirit did not go to the dust. Even you say the spirits went to Abraham’s bosom. The spirits either went to Abraham’s bosom, or to prison/Hell.

Daniel says those who sleep in the dust will awake to everlasting life. That sounds like a resurrection of the body.

I disagree, there is no such thing as a literal "new earth". The "new earth and new heavens" are the New Covenant, which we currently live in.

I know that is what Preterists teach, but it just does not fit for everything when speaking of a new earth and new heaven.

Our spirits go to be with Jesus after the death of our physical body---BUT we do not get a SPIRITUAL PHYSICAL BODY until Jesus comes again at the resurrection.
That doesn't make any sense.

If the resurrection is a yet future event, then our spirits would be body-less.

Of course, our spirits are body-less until the resurrection. Do you believe when we die we are given a body?

The resurrection happened in 70AD.

Prior to 70AD, believers had to go to Abraham's bosom, and wait for the resurrection.

There is a spiritual resurrection that happens before a physical resurrection, but those are two separate events. One is the first resurrection and the other is the second resurrection.

There is no reason to groan in the New Covenant. We are assured eternal life. There is no reason to fear the first death, Jesus said the following:

I said nothing about fear.

The whole creation still groans. Tell the animals and the whole creation it does not have to groan. Tell that to the aged and sick that they do not have to groan.

Romans 8:22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.…

Did you read that?

The scripture says we eagerly wait for the REDEMPTION of our bodies.

How do you get that we already have our bodies redeemed to us?

It is because of sin that God did not let us live forever.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

With your beliefs, God does not give us what was taken away.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You don't follow the teachings of fallible men?

Nope

If you disagree, then just show me the one man that Preterism can be traced to?

Dispensationalism can be traced to John Nelson Darby. Dispensationalism didn't exist before Darby invented it in 1830.

Danoh

Nope.

I can defend Preterism, and at the same time, prove your Dispensationalism wrong.

Case in point, not one of you Darby followers has even attempted to explain the three verses I gave from the Apostle Paul that validate Preterism and prove Dispensationalism wrong.

You are no different than Little Johnny W. Neither of you can defend Darby's false teachings, and instead attack the person who points out Darby's errors.

No; you NEED TO attempt to push your view.

The very definition of neuroses.

You can't log on to TOL without Dispy Disp of the brain :rotfl:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The resurrection from the dead was spoken of in the Old Testament.

Read this and tell me what you think:

Job 19:26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;

Don’t you think that scripture nullifies Preterism?

That is right. However, Job says after his skin has been destroyed, in his flesh he will see God.

Read what Daniel says:

Daniel 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

(Matt 27:51-52) At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.

Who were these many HOLY people who were raised to life and went into Jerusalem and appeared to many people?

(Matt 27:53) They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people