ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The question is not, Was the Temple destroyed in AD 70? Only the ignorant would say it wasn't.

You're the Darby follower who said it wasn't.

You said some stones were still left standing.

Was Luke 19:44 fulfilled in 70AD? It's a "yes" or "no" question.

Danoh

Why would Jesus tell the Jews: "When you see these things happen, keep your eyes open, because you'll know the time is near", if He was referring to Jews at least 2,000 years into the future?

Again, Moses prophesied the following to his generation as if it had referred to his generation:

Deuteronomy 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

It reads as if Moses' generation would be the generarion that would see the Christ.

musterion

Again, Moses prophesied the Christ as if it was his generation that would see the following:

Deuteronomy 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

It reads as if Moses generation would be the generarion that would see the Christ.

IP will say that's not to be taken literally. Preterism = selective belief in Scripture = cult.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It reads as if Moses' generation would be the generarion that would see the Christ.

Er, no.

I don't see "this generation" in any of those verses.

BTW, how may sides are you going to take regarding Matt 24:34?

I'll have to update my "Reasons Darby Followers Claim Matt 24:34 Doesn't Really Mean What It Say" list.

musterion

You're the Darby follower who said it wasn't.

You said some stones were still left standing.

Was Luke 19:44 fulfilled in 70AD? It's a "yes" or "no" question.

Again you lie.

I said JERUSALEM was not entirely destroyed because Josephus said it wasn't, proving the prophecy that "NOT ONE stone upon another" of the city remains unfulfilled.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Again you lie.

I said JERUSALEM was not entirely destroyed because Josephus said it wasn't, proving the prophecy that "NOT ONE stone upon another" of the city remains unfulfilled.

LOL

For arguments sake, let's assume you're correct.

When does Luke 19:44 get fulfilled?

Wouldn't a third temple have to be built, then destroyed with not one stone left standing upon another?

Is that your claim mysteryboy?

Danoh

Er, no.

I'll have to update my "Reasons Darby Followers Claim Matt 24:34 Doesn't Really Mean What It Say" list.

There you go with your fool reasoning.

"Ye" referred to them. While the last passage about putting false prophets to death makes it obvious as well.

An edict they then used throughout their generations against God's Prophets.

But, in you I am attempting reason from the Scripture itself with someone who has no real interest in the actual truth of these things.

I should just put you and Interplanner on ignore - you both have no real interest in anything but your own vanity.

Danoh

LOL

For arguments sake, let's assume you're correct.

When does Luke 19:44 get fulfilled?

Wouldn't a third temple have to be built, then destroyed with not one stone left standing upon another?

Is that your claim mysteryboy?

Josephus reported that the Western Wall and three of its towers were ordered to be left in tact.

Why do Jews pray at the Wailing Wall?

Because the city itself was called the Holy City - in fact, the Lord had referred to it as the city of the great King.

What's left of THAT wall that had once surrounded the entire city represents a whole lot of stones.

You will now skirt the issue once more.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Ye" referred to them.

LOL

(Gen 3:15 KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The passage you referenced, nor does Gen 3:15 doesn't say:

"This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

Danoh

LOL

(Gen 3:15 KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The passage you referenced, nor does Gen 3:15 doesn't say:

"This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

Genesis 3:15 proves my point, not yours.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You will now skirt the issue once more.

You didn't answer the question.

Since you claim Luke 19:44 wasn't fulfilled in 70AD because you claim some stones were still left standing, does that mean you believe a third temple will be built, then destroyed so that not one stone will be left standing upon another?

Why are you so afraid to answer the question?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Genesis 3:15 proves my point, not yours.

Er, no.

It proves you dead wrong.

I don't see "this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled" in Gen 3:15 or Deut 18:15

C'mon Danoh, how many times are you going to change your "excuse"?

Then again, trying to defend the false teachings of John Nelson Darby is impossible.

musterion

Note, again, he will not say which contemporary witness in AD 70 identified the destruction of Jerusalem as the return of Christ. The louder he gets, the more he's trying to avoid something and bury it in his own forum slide. Now he has IP for backup.

ClimateSanity

Er, no.

Matthew 24:34 means exactly what it says if you understand proper grammar. This generation refers to the people who went through the things he just got through describing in the first 23 verses. Nowhere in those 23 verses do we see any mention of the people listening to him.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
again, he will not say which contemporary witness in AD 70 identified the destruction of Jerusalem as the return of Christ.

You just refuted yourself mysteryboy.

Look up "the day of the Lord" in the OT, and see happens each time.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yep.

I would call you Little Johnny W the Dance Director to your face.

I would never, ever, ever be afraid of a Darby follower.

No, you won't, you weasel, little arms/no chin, weakling, twit, you gayboy, who has propositioned me, via email, solicited me to meet his wife, in the DFW area, a few years ago, which I accepted, and suggested I meet him, but the twig, metrosexual, wimped out, knowing he'd be pounded, as all children of the devil would be, as he is on TOL(witness Hilston "debate"), and also requested my "freindship" on Facebook(which he can't even spell), just last week, and even downloaded my pics, to his rented computer, being the obsessed man c(r)aver, that he is, holed up, in a hole, at "home," on TOL 15 hours/day, quenching his obsession, and engaging in solicitation.

And stuff your "Little Johnny W the Dance Director" spam, you disgusting, unemployed wimp, infidel, who got beat up in high school, lost his job, and is a jealous gayboy, no "mystery" here, that I'm a stock trader, that pays more in taxes, than he has ever made. Of course, he makes no $'s now, being unemployed, as his business went under, and now soaks $'s from us, drawing unemployment "benefits," so I pay an infinity more in taxes, than he "makes."
You pathetic loser.

Danoh

You didn't answer the question.

Since you claim Luke 19:44 wasn't fulfilled in 70AD because you claim some stones were still left standing, does that mean you believe a third temple will be built, then destroyed so that not one stone will be left standing upon another?

Why are you so afraid to answer the question?

I have absolutely no respect for you; why would I be afraid of you, of all people proving me wrong - you are actually that vain.

Anyone can see from the above once more that answering you is to answer a whited wall.

Fact is, you are just itching to set off strife.

Watch you do just that - the Temple foreseen by Zechariah will not be built by lost Jews.

Zechariah foresees obdient Jews for its builders.

What is the point of posting these things to you - you don't believe in them - what is the point?

You know you only ask in hopes of setting off strife.

Its not like you either have a case, or are going to win me over with one as I have no respect for you or your kind - none.

You actually believe you are here to save us from Dispensationalism?

You; a vain, pompous fool who has no use for honestly exploring a thing?

Lol, you are pathetic.