ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where do you EVER get that the scriptures say before Noah?

(1 Peter 3:20) to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

Those were the only spirits in that prison.

After Noah, unbelievers went to Hades.

God's Truth

Please read the next verse.

It clearly says those spirits were before Noah.

HINT:

(Gen 6:4) The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

What happened to the people who were in Abraham's bosom?

See above about prison.

In the story of the rich man and Lazarus, the rich man didn't go to prison, he went to Hades.

The resurrection of the dead happened in 70AD.

Hades IS prison it is Hell.

As for the resurrection of the dead...that is right, spiritually we are resurrected since Jesus---BUT NOT PHYSICALLY.

The physical resurrection will happen when this earth is at its end.

God's Truth

(1 Peter 3:20) to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

Those were the only spirits in that prison.

After Noah, unbelievers went to Hades.

You haven't proven a difference and a change!

God's Truth

Not human spirits.

There are no human spirits running around on planet earth.

So what did the apostles to the Lamb think that Jesus was? A demon?!!!!!!!

Luke 24:39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

God's Truth

The resurrection already happened in 70AD.

The earth doesn't have an end:

(Ecc 1:4) Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.

Isaiah 51:6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Matthew 5:18
For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Mark 13:31
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

Luke 21:33
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

whitestone

That's another reason you are so confused.

There is no "prophetic clock". It's a myth invented by John Nelson Darby.

God did not stop a prophetic clock, then insert a secret parenthetical dispensation. This rubbish teaching didn't exist before Darby invented it in 1830.

Moreover, there isn't a rapture followed by the prophetic clock being turned back on again for the Jews. That's just more rubbish that was invented by Darby.

lol, it is I admit a little confusing but maybe it's because I'm not preterit. I notice you are a partial preterit and you say there is no prophetic clock. There is a guy on TOL called Tet and he also is a preterit like you. You should get together with him and discuss the if buts and maybes about how you all look at the clock thing.

He always says that Israels prophetic clock stopped in ad70(unlike you who says there is no prophetic clock). He has a thread thats called "Israels prophetic clock stopped in ad70,not in mid Acts".

If you do try to discuss things with him so as to get all of the preterit ducks in a row be real careful. He'll try to say one thing one day and the next say just the opposite(I say to him, "who do we believe you or you?,lol). So don't let him change the subject,and if he says something and then the next day says it different hold him to what he said the day before.

Any way though he is an ad70ist like you but he defiantly believes that there is a prophetic clock that stopped in ad70(unlike you). He'll use things like the clock if he thinks it's a weapon in that direction,but when it benefits his ad70ism he'll use the same thing he denounces as proof,(he's real slippery like a snake so be careful if you do talk to him,lol)

God's Truth

Did Jesus rebuke them and tell them there was no such thing as a ghost? NO. Jesus explained what a ghost was and was not.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He always says that Israels prophetic clock stopped in ad70(unlike you who says there is no prophetic clock).

Real cute.

I was referring to the Dispies claim that Israel's prophetic clock stopped for the secret parenthetical dispensation somewhere in Acts.

God stopped dealing with Israel in 70AD.

There isn't a clock that is going to start ticking again.

God's Truth

So let me get this straight.

You actually believe in ghosts?

Ghost means spirit.

Don't you believe there are spirits?

Now start answering the questions I pose.

Why didn't Jesus rebuke them for thinking he was a ghost?

Go ahead and explain it without trying to merely insult me.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ghost means spirit.

Ok

Don't you believe there are spirits?

I don't believe there are human spirits on planet earth

Why didn't Jesus rebuke them for thinking he was a ghost?

He asked them why they were troubled, and why they had doubts.

What is your point?

Go ahead and explain it without trying to merely insult me.

Explain what?

They thought He was a ghost. That doesn't mean human spirits (ghosts) are running around on planet earth.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Real cute.

I was referring to the Dispies claim that Israel's prophetic clock stopped for the secret parenthetical dispensation somewhere in Acts. If you read my next two paragraphs you would see it.

God stopped dealing with Israel in 70AD.

There isn't a clock that is going to start ticking again.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
All Dispensationalists believe in Darby's secret rapture, followed by the Trib, then the second coming of Christ, then the millennial kingdom on earth that has Jesus sitting on a man made throne in the Middle East. Not to mention the demarcation line between Israel and "the church".

So, don't act you aren't like them just because they think they can predict these events, and you believe the church began in Acts 9 in lieu of Acts 2.

There are only minor differences between A2D and A9D. Both are Darby followers.

YOU are the one preaching secret rapture, you say it happened ad70 and no-one saw it or knows anything about it.

We all believe every eye shall see Him

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
YOU are the one preaching secret rapture, you say it happened ad70 and no-one saw it or knows anything about it.

Nope.

70AD was the resurrection. There is no secret rapture. No one ever taught a secret rapture before Darby.

We all believe every eye shall see Him

How about those who pierced Him?

How are they going to see Him, since they've been dead almost 2,000 years?

God's Truth

Ok

I don't believe there are human spirits on planet earth

He asked them why they were troubled, and why they had doubts.

What is your point?

Explain what?

They thought He was a ghost. That doesn't mean human spirits (ghosts) are running around on planet earth.

Then where did you get the idea about human spirits running around on planet earth when I said NOTHING about that?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I have shown MADists on TOL who have made posts about 1948.

Angel4Truth is a MADist who claims 1948 was the beginning of God gathering His people to the Promised Land, and thus claims the "rapture" is near.

These "clowns" you refer to believe the exact same thing you do, except they think they can predict Darby's eschatology based on current events.

Other than that, they are exactly the same as you.

I am with Angel every time, THEY are being gathered and we will be gathered anon

What importance do YOU give the establishing of Israel as a nation [as though born in a day] after 2,000 years of diaspora.

Do you not accept that there can be no nation unless God establishes it and sets it's borders?

God's Truth

Jesus did not rebuke his disciples by telling them that human spirits do not walk the earth.

Jesus explained he was not a ghost but that he was resurrected in flesh body.