ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Those scriptures were 40 years before the revolt. When the revolt began the Zealots https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealots_(Judea) forced the issue to print their own coins and to revolt https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Jewish_Revolt_coinage ,,,

Which is why I'm pointing out that they did not buy nor sell with Caesars money they refused it so did not fulfill Revelation 13:17 KJV prior to ad70. They cannot be said to have Worshiped the Image of the beast Revelation 13:15 KJV and fulfilled that scripture(they were killed i.e.ad70).

My bad for jumping into the conversation after a few days.

I saw your comment about there being no beast and missed the revolt coinage in your comment.

Much like you ignored Tet's comments on how the beast is referred to.

The beast was established days ago.

The mark of the beast in the forehead or hand was not coinage.

It is no far stretch to see that by 70 AD only those left alive had received the mark.

The rest had been killed or starved.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
hmm,If the wrath of God is only poured out on those who worship the image,and receive the mark or the number of his name,and the Jews in the Jewish revolt didn't worship Caesar or take his mark,and the wrath of God was poured out on them in ad70 just exactly who did those Jews worship?,,,,hmmm,,,

The wrath was poured out for killing Christ.

Not to mention all the the other righteous dudes from Abel on.

whitestone

My bad for jumping into the conversation after a few days.

I saw your comment about there being no beast and missed the revolt coinage in your comment.

Much like you ignored Tet's comments on how the beast is referred to.

The beast was established days ago.

The mark of the beast in the forehead or hand was not coinage.

It is no far stretch to see that by 70 AD only those left alive had received the mark.

The rest had been killed or starved.

lol,I'll be frank,before I became a member of TOL I read through a great multitude of Christian forums and saw an large amount of names to be called. Now I always saw to call mine own self Christian. In a little while that did not suffice,that is in several conversations when the matters of scripture became heated others began to call me different names.

The names they called me were futurist,dispensationist,Hyper,,,Darby follower you name it,they called me all those names,lol. Now at first I thought they were cursing me and trying to use fancy educated words to make me look like a fool,lol.

Thanks to the www I looked up all of the words they were calling me and low and behold I found that they weren't calling me nasty names at all,they were calling me the names best describing my eschatological position/Stinking Dispy,please capitalize it,lol.

Not that I'm meaning this as any offense,I'm not, but but it's best to clear up where mine own heart is standing and I am dispensationist. I think the confusion is in the prophetic clock,the little stop watch. Not that it has any problem keeping time,but rather the other stop watches involved. There is the one keeping time for the nation of Israel,there is the one keeping time for the devil from the time he was told he would crawl on his belly all the days of his life,,,and there is the stopwatch the Lord reached into his pocket and started when he separated out Paul, Deuteronomy 29:29 KJV Acts 9:6 KJV ,,But all these clocks run simultaneously why limit God?

,,,,consider what you say about the mark. If the Christians were told to see the authorities over them as if by God,then if the Christians did use the money/mark of the beast(Caesar) then both Peter and Paul were instructing the Christians to receive the mark of the beast Romans 13,Hebrews 13:17 kjv , 1Peter 2,,,ect.

But that cant be correct which is why I'm pointing it out. It's like the marks are all on the wrong foreheads. There are those being killed because they minted their own money and the ones who are being told to honer those same authorities are fleeing to Pella and being spared the wrath of God for buying and selling with Caesars money(it's backward),,,

I do stick my tongue out of one side of my mouth and then the other,Paul is the credit to this that to the Jew I am as an Jew,Unto the Gentile as an Gentile,,,

God's Truth

NO, Abraham's bosom existed until Jesus led captivity captive.

When Jesus died and rose again, we do not go to Abraham's bosom, we go to Jesus Christ

You sarcastically made the body-less comment. So then, where do they hang out?

Of course, that is what I am claiming.

WHEN JESUS died, he went to prison/Hell to preach to the SPIRITS of the who died way back to even of the times of Noah. So tell me why you are using time as the deciding factor to truth?

WHEN JESUS died, he went to prison/Hell to preach to the SPIRITS of the who died way back to even of the times of Noah. So tell me why you are using time as the deciding factor to truth?

You said Paul still is in a body-less spirit according to my beliefs? Paul still is in a body-less spirit since the New Testament times? YES. It is not so long that it is unheard of, for Jesus preached to those who have had a body-less spirit for 4,000 years. Paul has not been body-less for nearly half that time.

Tet, would you rather go back and forth only speaking about Darby, or will you discuss with others that are not such an easy shot?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
hmm,If the wrath of God is only poured out on those who worship the image,and receive the mark or the number of his name,and the Jews in the Jewish revolt didn't worship Caesar or take his mark,and the wrath of God was poured out on them in ad70 just exactly who did those Jews worship?,,,,hmmm,,,

Why is it so hard for you to understand that the wrath of God that was poured out on the Jews and Jerusalem was because they rejected Christ Jesus?

(Luke 19:43-44) The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

As we see above the wrath/tribulation that was poured out on the Jews was not because of not worshipping the beast, it was because they rejected Christ Jesus.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are those being killed because they minted their own money

Again, you're wrong.

The Jews were killed because they rejected Christ Jesus.

Why did they reject Christ Jesus?

Answer: The love of money.

and the ones who are being told to honer those same authorities are fleeing to Pella and being spared the wrath of God for buying and selling with Caesars money(it's backward),,,

Do I need to show you a Pink Floyd album cover?

Pink Floyd made the same mistake you are making. Pink Floyd said: "money is the root of all evil....."

That's not what the Bible says. The Bible specifically says "For the love of money is the root of all evil".

Until you understand the difference, you're going to continue being confused.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think the confusion is in the prophetic clock,the little stop watch.

That's another reason you are so confused.

There is no "prophetic clock". It's a myth invented by John Nelson Darby.

God did not stop a prophetic clock, then insert a secret parenthetical dispensation. This rubbish teaching didn't exist before Darby invented it in 1830.

Moreover, there isn't a rapture followed by the prophetic clock being turned back on again for the Jews. That's just more rubbish that was invented by Darby.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tet, would you rather go back and forth only speaking about Darby, or will you discuss with others that are not such an easy shot?

I don't believe there are spirits running around without bodies. I don't believe there ever was.

Dispensationalists have two choices when asked what happens to a believer who dies today.

#1 - Soul Sleep. They can claim the believer "sleeps" until the rapture.

#2 - Body-less Spirits. They can claim the believer's soul runs around without a body until the rapture. (which mens Paul has been running around without a body for almost 2,000 years)

The Bible doesn't support either answer.

God's Truth

I don't believe there are spirits running around without bodies. I don't believe there ever was.
Then what was Abraham's bosom?

You are confused about what you say and teach because it interferes with your Preterism.

You cannot have it both way.

You cannot speak of Abraham's bosom of body-less spirits, and then say you do not believe in body-less spirits.

Dispensationalists have two choices when asked what happens to a believer who dies today.

#2 - Body-less Spirits. They can claim the believer's soul runs around without a body until the rapture. (which mens Paul has been running around without a body for almost 2,000 years)

Then what is Abraham's bosom?

God's Truth

You contradict yourself and the Bible.

Could you explain to me what the conditions of being a ghost is, according to Jesus?

Could you tell me how people who went to prison BEFORE Jesus' sacrifice do NOT have a body?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then what was Abraham's bosom?

I don't think anyone knows for sure.

In Luke 16, Lazarus the beggar is said to have been carried to Abraham's bosom by angels. The rich man woke up on the other side of the gulf in Hades.

Then the rich man asked for Lazarus to dip Lazarus's finger in water to put on the rich man's tongue.

So, I don't think body-less spirits have fingers and tongues.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

1 Thessalonians 4:13 KJV - 1 Thessalonians 4:15 KJV -

1 Corinthians 15:6 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:18 KJV

1 Corinthians 11:30 KJV -

God's Truth

I don't think anyone knows for sure.

In Luke 16, Lazarus the beggar is said to have been carried to Abraham's bosom by angels. The rich man woke up on the other side of the gulf in Hades.

Then the rich man asked for Lazarus to dip Lazarus's finger in water to put on the rich man's tongue.

So, I don't think body-less spirits have fingers and tongues.

So they DIED BEFORE the resurrection of Christ and went to Abraham's bosom in a BODY---a body which YOU say did NOT EXIST UNTIL AFTER THE RESURRECTION?!!!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You contradict yourself and the Bible.

Could you explain to me what the conditions of being a ghost is, according to Jesus?

I don't know of anywhere in the Bible were spirits leave human bodies and roam planet earth.

Do you?

Could you tell me how people who went to prison BEFORE Jesus' sacrifice do NOT have a body?

Prison?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So they DIED BEFORE the resurrection of Christ and went to Abraham's bosom in a BODY---a body which YOU say did NOT EXIST UNTIL AFTER THE RESURRECTION?!!!

Paul said "to be absent from the body, and be present with the Lord".

Jesus told the thief on the cross "today you will be with Me in Paradise".

However, prior to 70AD, believers are told they would not receive a glorified body until a later time.

So, that means one of two things.

A) body-less souls were in Abraham's bosom.
B) Believers had some sort of body in Abraham's bosom, but not a glorified body.

God's Truth

I don't know of anywhere in the Bible were spirits leave human bodies and roam planet earth.

Then why did you say what you did? You just contradicted yourself.

Do you?

Prison?

I can hardly believe that you teach about the Bible yet do not know about prison.

There were those who disobeyed and died before Jesus came to earth, though they were dead their spirits went to a prison, unlike the spirits of the righteous. After Jesus was crucified, he preached to those who were dead, he preached to the spirits in prison, the spirits of those who had died and disobeyed long ago (see 1 Peter 3:18-19). Those people who disobeyed and died before learning of Jesus...Jesus preached the gospel to them, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit (1 Peter 4:5-6). For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring us to God, even those who lived and died before Jesus.

God's Truth

However, prior to 70AD, believers are told they would not receive a glorified body until a later time.

B) Believers had some sort of body in Abraham's bosom, but not a glorified body.

You are the one who teaches a DIFFERENT BODY NOW.

God's Truth

And those choices are the SAME.