ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Nope.

70AD was the resurrection. There is no secret rapture. No one ever taught a secret rapture before Darby.

How about those who pierced Him?

How are they going to see Him, since they've been dead almost 2,000 years?

Nobody believes a secret rapture, we believe He will come in like manner as He went that is to say in the clouds and we will be gathered to meet Him in the clouds.

Pauls teaching could not be clearer

The dead in Christ will rise first then we which are alive and remain will be caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the clouds, so shall we ever be with the Lord.

That is the WHOLE church, those who have gone before and those who are alive....there is no church on earth after this event....there is no mention of judgement at this point

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am with Angel every time, THEY are being gathered and we will be gathered anon

There's one really, really big problem for you.

The Bible clearly says in Deut 30, that "the gathering" only happens after they and their children RETURN TO THE LORD.

That never happened. The Christ rejecting Jews who have immigrated to the nation of Israel have not returned to the Lord, they continue to reject the Lord.

What importance do YOU give the establishing of Israel as a nation [as though born in a day] after 2,000 years of diaspora.

A slap in the face to what Christ Jesus accomplished.

Do you not accept that there can be no nation unless God establishes it and sets it's borders?

Nations and borders mean nothing in the new covenant.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nobody believes a secret rapture, we believe He will come in like manner as He went that is to say in the clouds and we will be gathered to meet Him in the clouds.

So let me get this straight.

You believe that everyone sees the rapture? Is that also the Second Coming?

Pauls teaching could not be clearer

The dead in Christ will rise first then we which are alive and remain will be caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the clouds, so shall we ever be with the Lord.

That is the WHOLE church, those who have gone before and those who are alive....there is no church on earth after this event....there is no mention of judgement at this point

Paul said "alive and remain".

If what you say is true, Paul would have only had to say "alive".

Why did Paul say "alive and remain"?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus did not rebuke his disciples by telling them that human spirits do not walk the earth.

You're assuming the Disciples thought He was a human spirit.

They thought He was a ghost.

How do you know they didn't think it was a demon that looked like Jesus?

Jesus explained he was not a ghost but that he was resurrected in flesh body.

Ok.

But it wasn't a glorified body, it had holes in it.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
There's one really, really big problem for you.

The Bible clearly says in Deut 30, that "the gathering" only happens after they and their children RETURN TO THE LORD.

That never happened. The Christ rejecting Jews who have immigrated to the nation of Israel have not returned to the Lord, they continue to reject the Lord.

A slap in the face to what Christ Jesus accomplished.

Nations and borders mean nothing in the new covenant.

It is not a problem, on two counts. First only a small number of Jews have so far returned, most Jews are still in the nations. Secondly Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel do not say that the Jews will first turn back to the Lord but that He will turn back to them and bring them home.

The Jews very clearly will not turn to Christ until [as you said just now] those who pierced Him will look upon Him and mourn for Him as for a firstborn son...that is at His coming.

Now Tet you know better than to suppose that any nation O or N testament can exist unless God establishes it and sets their boundaries.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
So let me get this straight.

You believe that everyone sees the rapture? Is that also the Second Coming?

Paul said "alive and remain".

If what you say is true, Paul would have only had to say "alive".

Why did Paul say "alive and remain"?

His second coming is as the lightening lightens the sky from east to west, every eye will see Him and the tribes of the earth will mourn and wail

Alive and remain.....after the great end time persecution. I believe that the most of the church in the end time will be martyred....as both Paul and Christ teach.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is not a problem, on two counts. First only a small number of Jews have so far returned, most Jews are still in the nations. Secondly Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel do not say that the Jews will first turn back to the Lord but that He will turn back to them and bring them home.

The prophecies in Isaiah, Jeremaih, and Ezekiel refer to the Babylonian captivity. They were fulfilled when the Jews returned to Judah from Babylon.

The Jews very clearly will not turn to Christ until [as you said just now] those who pierced Him will look upon Him and mourn for Him as for a firstborn son...that is at His coming.

Huh?

The Jews who pierced Him lived in the first century, not today.

Now Tet you know better than to suppose that any nation O or N testament can exist unless God establishes it and sets their boundaries.

It's pointless in the new covenant.

In the NC, it's about individuals, not countries.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
His second coming is as the lightening lightens the sky from east to west, every eye will see Him and the tribes of the earth will mourn and wail

Is that your rapture or Second Coming?

Alive and remain.....after the great end time persecution. I believe that the most of the church in the end time will be martyred....as both Paul and Christ teach.

The great end time persecution happened from 66AD - 70AD. The temple was completely destroyed just like Jesus said it would. The Christians fled to the mountains from Judaea just like Jesus said they would.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My heart tells me Tet that you do not believe Preterism in your heart of hearts

Your heart is wrong.

I believe the Bible.

Jesus made it crystal clear that all the things in Matt 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13 would all happen before the generation of His contemporaries passed away.

Jesus also made it crystal clear in Matt 16 that some would not taste death before they saw Him coming in the clouds.

Paul said he and his audience were living in "the culmination of the ages", Peter said it was "these last days", John was told the "the end was near", etc.

God's Truth

You're assuming the Disciples thought He was a human spirit.

They thought He was a ghost.

How do you know they didn't think it was a demon that looked like Jesus?

Ok.

But it wasn't a glorified body, it had holes in it.

Jesus didn't yet have his glorified body, and Jesus did not rebuke them for thinking he was a ghost.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No those prophecies of Isaiah, Jeremiah and eke cannot possibly refer to the Babylonian captivity because....

Nations did not beat their swords into ploughshares or their spears into pruning hooks nor did Israel become the greatest nation with the peoples of the world flocking to Jerusalem to learn the ways of the God of Jacob.

Every man did not sit under his vine or under his fig tree....the Jews were never in the total peace and security prophesied, in fact these prophecies never have had a fulfilment

...nations still study war

The Jews as a nation pierced Him, as a nation the Jews will look upon Him

Jesus said to Caiphas "you will see the son of man coming in the clouds of heaven"

The NT still recognises tongues and tribes and nations

God's Truth

There are some parts of preterism that is true, and it proves the Madist wrong in many ways.

However, preterism is not as true as Tet says, for he does not get straight about spirits, body-less, and those with a body after the resurrection.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Your heart is wrong.

I believe the Bible.

Jesus made it crystal clear that all the things in Matt 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13 would all happen before the generation of His contemporaries passed away.

Jesus also made it crystal clear in Matt 16 that some would not taste death before they saw Him coming in the clouds.

Paul said he and his audience were living in "the culmination of the ages", Peter said it was "these last days", John was told the "the end was near", etc.

Ooh a bit of adding on of words and meanings there Tet

Tut tut

When ye shall see the fig tree and all the trees put forth their branches ye know that summer is nigh, so also when ye see ALL THESE THINGS you know it is nigh even at the doors verily I say unto you THIS generation ....

What generation?

The generation which sees all these things coming to pass

This generation will not pass away until all things be fulfilled

But you know all that

In the context of thousands of years since the earth was formed we are and were then in the last times

john w

Hall of Fame
Another "gem" from Little Johnny W:

"When God temporarily set aside the nation of Israel, as recorded in the book of Acts, the "sabbatical clock" stopped ticking." - John Whalen HERE

"sabbatical clock stopped ticking" :rotfl:

Hey Johnny, your buddy STP says Israel wasn't set aside in Acts, he says there was no sabbatical clock or prophetic clock that stopped, he says God kept dealing with Israel until 70AD.

Hey Johnny, if Israel's "sabbatical clock" stopped in Acts, why were prophecies for Israel fulfilled in 70AD?

Oh, never mind, I forgot you're not capable (your words) of answering that question.

Hey, gayboy Craigie the weasel!!!!

Identify this "everyone," you little, twitty weasel, in that gem, were you said that this "everyone" allegedly saw this "un physical" Saviour return in AD 70.

3+ years, and the loser is quiet.

What's the problem, gayboy?

And you aren't capable, greasy boy, of answering that, or the one re. the Roman army was the second coming, or identifying these "bunch of men" that are infallible, that taught you, or 45 other questions that I've asked you, as you folded, like you did in the Hilston debate, admitting that your "man made" AD 70-ism/Preterism is satanic, and a "man made invention," as you can't defend it. No one taught it before you did, for you won't/can't name these "bunch of men."

What's the problem, you pathetic, holed up in a rat hole weasel, and unemployed infidel?

Name these "bunch of men," wimpy boy, that taught your satanic man made invention, as you said you could.

And your buddy Facebook, says that you try to be friends with many men on their site, sweetie, like you did me, and were kicked off the site. Why was that, little arms gayboy? Downloading all those pictures to your computer, like you did mine, rat? Yes....

And hey, gayboy, the devil's pawn to attempt to divide the brethren(which excludes you, gay devil boy), your "Full Preterist" buddies say that you are wrong.

Oh, never mind, I forgot you're not capable (your words) of answering that question, since you are a man pleasing wimp, so beat up in high school, you don't want to offend anyone, and relive that again.That explains your wimpiness on TOL, lack of spine.

How did I do, in analyzing you, sweetie? We know the type, wimpy boy.

Poor Craigie Bernstein.

Get a job yet, loser?

john w

Hall of Fame
According to your own words, you are not capable of knowing if what happened in 70AD was the fulfillment of Bible prophecies:

"I will leave others much more capable than me to address the issue as to whether the historic events of A.D. 70 at Jerusalem, as they pertain to the biblical prophecies of judgment, were fulfilled at that time, as Preterists claim." - John Whalen HERE

It all makes sense now.

You aren't capable enough (your own words) to answer any questions regarding 70AD
"Plus, I can show a bunch more of men that taught Preterism before Russell was even born."-greasy little chin Craigie

Show them, Craigie. Show us these men.

What's the problem, loser? Are they "infallible?"

Are they men, sweetie?

Why do you follow the teachings of "fallable men," oh unemployed,obsessed one?

The patheic little twitty cry baby won't touch that, as usual.

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't believe there are spirits running around without bodies. I don't believe there ever was.

Dispensationalists have two choices when asked what happens to a believer who dies today.

#1 - Soul Sleep. They can claim the believer "sleeps" until the rapture.

#2 - Body-less Spirits. They can claim the believer's soul runs around without a body until the rapture. (which mens Paul has been running around without a body for almost 2,000 years)

The Bible doesn't support either answer.

And your satanic AD 70-ism/Preterism denies the resurrection, and the redemption of the body, both of which, by definition, are physical, and thus perverts the gospel of Christ, devil boy- 1 Cor. 15 KJV....and also asserts that there is law, judgment, rain, plagues, nations, heathen, in the third heaven.

Perverter. Why do you follow the "inventions"/teachings of "fallable men," cupcake?

john w

Hall of Fame
No one ever taught a secret rapture before Darby.
Made up-yes the did-Yep. And continues to be exposed for the habitual liar of TOL-the above, Vs:

" That's not my argument.

I have never said that dispensationalism was "wrong" because of how old it was
. I specifically said that no one taught about Christ coming back twice before Darby did."-Tet.

I never said it was wrong for how old it is.”-Tet.

Even his buddy GT is exposing his lies, contradictions.

Why is that, Craigie?

john w

Hall of Fame
No those prophecies of Isaiah, Jeremiah and eke cannot possibly refer to the Babylonian captivity because....

Nations did not beat their swords into ploughshares or their spears into pruning hooks nor did Israel become the greatest nation with the peoples of the world flocking to Jerusalem to learn the ways of the God of Jacob.

Every man did not sit under his vine or under his fig tree....the Jews were never in the total peace and security prophesied, in fact these prophecies never have had a fulfilment

...nations still study war

The Jews as a nation pierced Him, as a nation the Jews will look upon Him

Jesus said to Caiphas "you will see the son of man coming in the clouds of heaven"

The NT still recognises tongues and tribes and nations

The Preterist fraud will "respond," TL, with "Figurative....You really think ( ) is literal?.....Fulfilled in Christ Jesus...I believe the bible.....Hyperbole....Fulfilled AD 70.....You are in denial...You are brainwashed.....Darby.....Don't you believe the bible/Peter/Paul/'Jesus'?....You cannot answer....Not one person in the history of the world can answer my questions....Darby....Why do you follow the teachings of fallable men?....No one taught the Reformation of the 1500's until Luther...You are in denial...Darby.............."

john w

Hall of Fame
I believe the Bible.
Wow, Craigie!!!! We had not thought of that "home run," debate ender!!!!!

Perhaps you can earn some money, teaching those "closes" at a sales seminar, since you are currently unemployed?!

Remember you're other closes, that results in so many "death knells?," such as:

"Don't you believe 'Jesus'/the bible/Peter/Paul?"

??