ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(1 Peter 4:5-6).

(1 Peter 4:5-6) But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

Notice it says "who is ready"?

That means when Peter wrote his epistle, the time was near.

Also, nowhere in the passage is there body-less spirits.

God's Truth

(1 Peter 4:5-6) But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

Notice it says "who is ready"?

That means when Peter wrote his epistle, the time was near.

Also, nowhere in the passage is there body-less spirits.

YOU are the one who is a Preterist. You are the one who says something changed and that change is that we receive a resurrected body now and since then.

God's Truth

Notice I spoke about 'prison', and Tet said, "Prison?"

Notice how I then gave scriptures about 'prison', but Tet ignores it as if it were never brought up and thus proven.

God's Truth

I don't think anyone knows for sure.

In Luke 16, Lazarus the beggar is said to have been carried to Abraham's bosom by angels. The rich man woke up on the other side of the gulf in Hades.

Then the rich man asked for Lazarus to dip Lazarus's finger in water to put on the rich man's tongue.

So, I don't think body-less spirits have fingers and tongues.

A ghost looks like a person, but without a physical body.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
YOU are the one who is a Preterist. You are the one who says something changed and that change is that we receive a resurrected body now and since then.

Something did change.

Prior to 70AD, believers went to Abraham's bosom when they died.

Post 70AD, believers no longer go to Abraham's bosom, they instantly go to the kingdom, which is in heaven.

If you disagree, where do believers who die today go?

God's Truth

Something did change.

Prior to 70AD, believers went to Abraham's bosom when they died.

Post 70AD, believers no longer go to Abraham's bosom, they instantly go to the kingdom, which is in heaven.

If you disagree, where do believers who die today go?

You are missing the point, and missing your contradiction.

YOU say the resurrection of the dead happens when a person dies, and that that was possible after Jesus rose from the dead and the New Covenant was given. HOWEVER, Abraham's bosom was a place believers in God went to BEFORE Jesus' death and resurrection.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Notice I spoke about 'prison', and Tet said, "Prison?"

Notice how I then gave scriptures about 'prison', but Tet ignores it as if it were never brought up and thus proven.

Somehow, if I don't respond to your posts in less than 5 minutes, you think I'm ignoring you.

You might want to try decaffeinated coffee.

The passage about prison in 1 Peter 3:19 says the following in the next verse:

(1 Peter 3:20) to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

So, for some reason, the only spirits in prison were those before Noah.

That means unbelievers after Noah didn't go to this prison.

That should tell you something about these spirits in prison. Why did spirits stop going to this prison after Noah?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are missing the point, and missing your contradiction.

Nope, it is you who doesn't understand.

YOU say the resurrection of the dead happens when a person dies,

Nope, never said that.

and that that was possible after Jesus rose from the dead and the New Covenant was given.

Nope, never said that either.

HOWEVER, Abraham's bosom was a place believers in God went to BEFORE Jesus' death and resurrection.

Nope, never said that either, but believers did go to Abraham's bosom before the d,b,r.

However, the question becomes, where did believers go from the d,b,r to 70AD (that 40 year period). The Apostle Paul speaks of Paradise being in heaven, but in Matt 12 we are told Paradise is in the center of the earth.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Nope, it is you who doesn't understand.

Nope, never said that.

Nope, never said that either.

Nope, never said that either, but believers did go to Abraham's bosom before the d,b,r.

However, the question becomes, where did believers go from the d,b,r to 70AD (that 40 year period). The Apostle Paul speaks of Paradise being in heaven, but in Matt 12 we are told Paradise is in the center of the earth.

After further review of your spewing lies, fantasies, antics and more lies, I've concluded you insane

God's Truth

Somehow, if I don't respond to your posts in less than 5 minutes, you think I'm ignoring you.

You might want to try decaffeinated coffee.

I do not think what you accuse me of thinking; and I do not drink coffee.

You answer the Darby followers fast enough. Sometimes you never answer my posts.

The passage about prison in 1 Peter 3:19 says the following in the next verse:

(1 Peter 3:20) to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

So, for some reason, the only spirits in prison were those before Noah.

That means unbelievers after Noah didn't go to this prison.

That should tell you something about these spirits in prison. Why did spirits stop going to this prison after Noah?

What a joke. I bought up spirits of people in prison, and you had no idea what I was talking about. I then give you the scriptures and explain to you what it is about, and then you come back explaining it.

Spirits are body-less.

We all have a spirit and the change is that we do not go to Abraham's bosom---for we all either go to prison or to be with Jesus.

We do NOT receive a spiritual BODY...a PHYSICAL body UNTIL the resurrection of the dead.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, no such confusion.

There are no such things as ghosts in the Bible.

(Heb 9:27) Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

Spirits of human beings cannot run around on planet earth and haunt people.

I believe a demon could probably impersonate a dead human being.

God's Truth

There are no such things as ghosts in the Bible.

(Heb 9:27) Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

Spirits of human beings cannot run around on planet earth and haunt people.

I believe a demon could probably impersonate a dead human being.

Where did you get the idea to say spirits do not run around on planet earth?

Go ahead and prove it that I said anything like that.

You cannot prove that.

Now tell me where did you get that idea from? lol

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I bought up spirits of people in prison, and you had no idea what I was talking about. I then give you the scriptures and explain to you what it is about, and then you come back explaining it.

Spirits are body-less.

Please read the next verse.

It clearly says those spirits were before Noah.

HINT:

(Gen 6:4) The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

We all have a spirit and the change is that we do not go to Abraham's bosom---for we all either go to prison or to be with Jesus.

What happened to the people who were in Abraham's bosom?

See above about prison.

In the story of the rich man and Lazarus, the rich man didn't go to prison, he went to Hades.

We do NOT receive a spiritual BODY...a PHYSICAL body UNTIL the resurrection of the dead.

The resurrection of the dead happened in 70AD.

God's Truth

Please read the next verse.

It clearly says those spirits were before Noah.

HINT:

(Gen 6:4) The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Where do you EVER get that the scriptures say before Noah?