ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

john w

Hall of Fame
Get a haircut w.

Let that balding, red. mess of a carrot top of yours grow, Opie. This is not San Francisco, boy. And shave that "cropped" beard.

And put up your pic, so I can shoot spitballs at it.

I thought so-NATO andycain.

And get saved.

Heterodoxical

Go ahead and "argue," Hop Sing, that all of the "volume of the book," is specifically about you, and is written for your obedience.

Go ahead, and clear the fog, as we are all busy men/women on this site. Let's go, "big boy."

Ladies and Gentlemen, we call this EMPTY POSTURING.

Lacking any exegetical abilities, some people resort to character attacks, or attacking the person not the arguments...

andyc

And yet Paul called them "saints," never questioning their justification, something that you, and your "spiritual" brethren of Cain hate, as you are frowning right now, grinding those big, bad, wolf choppers of yours right now, as you read this......You learned that way back there yonder in Genesis 4 KJV.

Go the the dentist, wolfie.

And get saved.

Ah... the dentist, that reminds me. Thanks.

Heterodoxical

I say let's cut Hetty a little slack here. He's clearly out of sorts and all wound up, what with tossing the I-word left and right. That ain't like him...probably just plum tuckered. But I believe he'll come out of it soon enough and will be able to talk maturely.

Yes cut me some slack. Answer the first question given to you. Asking a different question is not an answer.

If you don't understand that, you are a waste of time to attempt to reason with.

It's in your court, dude.

The fact you evade and I call you on it doesn't make me angry. It makes me alert.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tongues are a sign for unbelievers, not for believers (1 Cor 14:22). But unbelievers are the LAST people you'd EVER babble your pookeepoo noise around. You save it for when you're among your fellow babblers, where it's safe and encouraging, where you can pat each other on the backs with pride in "our gift." In complete 180° contradiction of the Bible.

But you and your tongues-cult will just keep on ignoring that, because it's part of the old dusty busted wineskin of the Bible, in favor of new words and new wine from "God."

You are a fraud.

Mar 16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mar 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

musterion

Yes cut me some slack. Answer the first question given to you. Asking a different question is not an answer.

If you don't understand that, you are a waste of time to attempt to reason with.

The fact you evade and I call you on it doesn't make me angry. It makes me alert.

I just answered you, Johnny Ringo.

john w

Hall of Fame
Ladies and Gentlemen, we call this EMPTY POSTURING.

Lacking any exegetical abilities, some people resort to character attacks, or attacking the person not the arguments...

Ladies and gentleman, we call the above, and below, from our w/o vertebrae Hetty, as "speaking from behind a false face," i.e., hypocrisy/acting.

My evidence?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107453&page=13

Post #186

“As usual, starting with personal attacks rather than showing personal inadequacies by revealing it in argument. A sure sign of weak position.”-“author” Hetty

Here:"to character attacks, or attacking the person "-"author" crit

“Where do you get the mushrooms for your omelette?... So, if all that is required is your believing really hard, and squinting your eyes with the effort like you suffer dry stool, they are all going on to glory…. The only people you know FOR SURE know they are theological idiots, are the ones who have to play the "rightly divide" card to back up their position because their arguments do not…. I asked you the question idiot…. Are you ignorant of what you believe? Or a coward to present it publically…. We have to work together or we BOTH end up looking stupid, not just you…....So it's apparent you use strong images of men in videos to compensate for what you lack in your heart and in real life…. Ok you are a liar. We are done…. You are a coward or an idiot, you evade because you won't or can't answer. I'm not wasting my time with idiots.”-“author Hetty

Stuff your "poor me....they are 'personally' 'attacking'" me con job/acting job, puffed up one, as you wine, and pine, and cry, all the while, leveling "personal" "character attacks."

We need our hankies, you slug.

Would you prefer "impersonal" attacks, crit?

Heterodoxical

He's also practicing for the upcoming "Oscars:"

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107453&page=13

Post #186

“As usual, starting with personal attacks rather than showing personal inadequacies by revealing it in argument. A sure sign of weak position.”-“author” Hetty

“Where do you get the mushrooms for your omelette?... So, if all that is required is your believing really hard, and squinting your eyes with the effort like you suffer dry stool, they are all going on to glory…. The only people you know FOR SURE know they are theological idiots, are the ones who have to play the "rightly divide" card to back up their position because their arguments do not…. I asked you the question idiot…. Are you ignorant of what you believe?

You aren't real bright, are you john? Do you understand the concept of ad hominem? Apparently not. Ad hominem is when you use personal attacks to avoid addressing the arguments. Saying a liar is a liar isn't a personal attack. Saying a person evading your arguments is evading is not a personal attack. They are observations of character.

Character is relevant to ANY debate/conversation. If you can't trust the person, or the person has patterns of behavior that work against conversation, they are relevant.

Such as evasion.

First sentence comic relief.
Second sentence the argument.

Address the argument. Zing me back if you wish.

Or cry like little Johnny mack here.

Please....."impersonally attack" us? Please........

Wait....He is "done."

"Ok you are a liar.

We are done."-Hetty post 1464

No, not yet....Post 1467.

And the Oscar goes to............

I cut it off, you said I'd redefine the term? :) I showed you have no clue what you are talking about on PERSONAL ATTACKS, or Ad Hominem Fallacy.

It's not ad hom til it's used INSTEAD of argument. Calling one who lies a liar is not a personal attack.

Sniff sniff. Do you ever get tired of proving you are a fool Johnny mack? Or is it a goal you actually aspire for?

musterion

Wow, Hetty said that?

And then went on to use the I-word FOUR TIMES in one post?

Heterodoxical

He sure likes that I-word, don't he? Hetty's one scrappy little cuss.

The I word has a definition. I use it within the definition. I use that disrespectful word, to people who are disrespectful to me. Quid pro quo. If disrespect is what you understand, I.E. what you use, I can speak that language. I'll try anything to get you to answer the questions. I make every effort to further the conversation.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

they would welcome a chance to repeat their answers
if
they were comfortable with them

john w

Hall of Fame
You aren't real bright, are you john? Do you understand the concept of ad hominem?

No, Forest, I'm not too bright, but I'm smart enough to understand that you are a "short sale," and I, and others on TOL, Forest, have "shorted" you at market. And I don't need to cover this short sale. And I didn't need to get an MBA to recognize a drone, such as yourself.

What's the ticker symbol of "ad hominem?"

Can you dig it, Forest?

The fool is scrambling to Google, as he reads this, clueless as to what I am talking about..

I cut it off, you said I'd redefine the term? :) I showed you have no clue what you are talking about on PERSONAL ATTACKS, or Ad Hominem Fallacy.
It's not ad hom til it's used INSTEAD of argument. Calling one who lies a liar is not a personal attack.

vs.

"Where do you get the mushrooms for your omelette?... So, if all that is required is your believing really hard, and squinting your eyes with the effort like you suffer dry stool, they are all going on to glory…. The only people you know FOR SURE know they are theological idiots, are the ones who have to play the "rightly divide" card to back up their position because their arguments do not…. I asked you the question idiot…. Are you ignorant of what you believe?"-author crit

And the Oscar goes to.....

Now, which side of your face do you want slapped?

Sniff sniff. Do you ever get tired of proving you are a fool Johnny mack? Or is it a goal you actually aspire for?

Pull up your bunny shirt, Dora-you are drooling.

So there, you vile actress.