ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

Right Divider

Body part
Musterion or other MADs...

I've asked this simple cordial question twice to acquire more information of the MAD perspective on the comparative origins of competing Eschatologies; particularly the post-Reformation Jesuit origins of modern Preterism and Futurism.

Will somebody please respond to the question and give historical information? Thanks in advance.
MAD is simply a way of understanding what the the Bible teaches.
It does not say anything about "comparative origins of competing Eschatologies" or any other such thing.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
sleep in Jesus/departed/bring with him (from heaven)

NO

Jesus brings them with Him TO Heaven

Jesus isn't ever bringing anyone back to planet earth. The Kingdom is not of this world.

alive and remain (on earth)

Yes, they "remain" on earth. You claim they "remain", but at the same time you claim they are rapture away.

How can someone "remain" and be raptured away at the same time?

Common sense. You have to REALLY want to mess it up to not get it.

Common sense and Dispensationalism are mutually exclusive.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
and for tet: it is no longer to the Jew first, but to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV).

Yes, I know. I'm not the one claiming Romans 1:16 is for believers today, that would be you.

At one time, the gospel of Christ that Paul preached was to the Jew first. The Apostle Paul tells us it was to the Jew first (Rom 1:16)

I asked for you to show with scripture when and where the gospel of Christ stopped going to the Jew first?

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus isn't ever bringing anyone back to planet earth. The Kingdom is not of this world

His satanic spam.

"....we now live in the greatest time period since the creation of planet earth……..The kingdom where there is no more death, tears, and sadness exists right now…Yes, we are living in the millennial reign right now.”-Preterist Tet. Craigie

Craigie was gone awhile, attending his annual AD 70/Preterist "bible" conference each year, in the West Bank Area...

155441-israel-general-warns-mid-east-on-brink-of-war.jpg

Deceiving, Big Top Clown Craigie.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I can prove futurism from Paul's own words, especially to Titus, one of the last things he wrote - believers are to look with expectation for the return of Christ because He has not returned yet.

That doesn't defend Futurism.

Catholicism, Calvinists, Orthodox, and just about every other Christian doctrine teaches that Christ will return in the future. Only Preterism teaches otherwise.

Futurism is synonymous with Dispensationalism.

john w

Hall of Fame
Common and sense and Dispensationalism are mutually exclusive.

Good one, clownie:

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-stupid Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

=Craigie's "common sense"

You should smile more, Clay Craigie the Clown:

3709866265_2e96e4ddd4_o.jpg

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You say that the Lord did come in 70ad.

Correct

Paul makes it quite plain that The dead rise first

Correct, and those dead that rose with Christ are reigning with Him right now.

and then those who remain at His coming will be caught up to meet the Lord in the clouds.

Incorrect.

Those who were alive at His coming, and those who remain (everyone from 70AD to the present) will instantly go and be with Christ Jesus in the Kingdom when they die.

That leaves zero Christians....so again I ask what then are we?

No, there are millions of Christians that have died since 70AD, and upon their death were instantly present with the Lord in the Kingdom. And, there's millions of Christians alive right now.

john w

Hall of Fame
Not true.

MAD attempts to make the Bible fit what John Nelson Darby and Darby's disciples invented.

That's why MAD falls apart when tested with the Bible.

Craigie once again, since he knows RD will pick him apart, goes back to his "Darby" spam.

You loser/mutt.

Right Divider

Body part
Not true.

MAD attempts to make the Bible fit what John Nelson Darby and Darby's disciples invented.

That's why MAD falls apart when tested with the Bible.
Nonsense. Your posts are getting more ridiculous lately.

Your understanding of "not of this world" is just plain wrong. It does NOT mean that His kingdom will not exist in the physical world.
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
The Lord Jesus Christ CLEARLY shows that this "not of this world" is a TEMPORARY situation with the BUT NOW. You anti-MADer's always ignore the BUT NOW's in the Bible.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
This still does not do.

You say that the Lord did come in 70ad. Paul makes it quite plain that The dead rise first and then those who remain at His coming will be caught up together with them* to meet the Lord in the clouds.

That leaves zero Christians....so again I ask what then are we?

My bad, I left out crucial words

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Correct

Incorrect.

Those who were alive at His coming, and those who remain (everyone from 70AD to the present) will instantly go and be with Christ Jesus in the Kingdom when they die.

No, there are millions of Christians that have died since 70AD, and upon their death were instantly present with the Lord in the Kingdom. And, there's millions of Christians alive right now.

It says the dead in Christ rise first then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the clouds.

....in Corinthians 15 Paul says we shall not all sleep but we shall all be changed in the twink of an eye.

musterion

Besides...what are you doing attacking dispensationalism as the work of Darby (when it is not) while you are a disciple of a Jesuit?

john w

Hall of Fame
Nonsense. Your posts are getting more ridiculous lately.

Your understanding of "not of this world" is just plain wrong. It does NOT mean that His kingdom will not exist in the physical world.
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
The Lord Jesus Christ CLEARLY shows that this "not of this world" is a TEMPORARY situation with the BUT NOW. You anti-MADer's always ignore the BUT NOW's in the Bible.

He's been shown "but now is my kingdom not from hence" over and over on TOL, but he still spams his deceitful "not of this world" stumper.

That is his MO on TOL-deceit, and habitual lying, peppered with his "Darby" spam, being so obsessed with allegedly disproving the dispensational approach to interpreting the book.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Correct

Incorrect.

Wrong.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Those are dead before their resurrection.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Those are alive before their resurrection.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
Besides...what are you doing attacking dispensationalism as the work of Darby (when it is not) while you are a disciple of a Jesuit?

Tet. also claims that he is taught his AD 70-ism/Preterism by infallible men, much like his Catholic brethren, and their "papa."

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul taught futurism.

Paul died before 70AD.

However, Paul knew the return of Christ Jesus was near:

(Phil 4:5) Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

You make the Apostle Paul a liar. You want us to believe that "at hand" means 1,900+ years and counting.