What is the meaning of grace!

God's Truth

They received the FREE GIFT....and did nothing themselves. They were saved by GRACE through FAITH. Obey is not in that verse. They did NOTHING to earn that Gift. It was free and unmerited.

Romans 5:19KJV - You have been told this so many times by so many people, and still you refuse to address it. THE OBEDIENCE OF ONE, and YOU are NOT that ONE. I am not that one. The Lord Jesus Christ is the ONE and His obedience unto death paid for the FREE GIFT we are given when we believe. It's why Romans says we "believe unto righteousness"....not, we "obey unto righteousness. Romans 10:10KJV Romans 10:11KJV Romans 10:13KJV

The Gentiles had to believe and repent.

No one has access to God's grace with dead faith.

See Romans 5:2, and James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

God's Truth

That's the point. I don't say. :cool:

I don't believe the Lord wants anyone to toot their own horn. Their horn tooting is nothing more than a sour note in the Lord's ears. We are supposed to be giving HIM all the glory.

You're the only one I know who tells everyone how you obey everything....yet you don't even know what it takes to be saved. You advertise your ignorance like none I have ever seen.

Jesus says we have to obey, but you say you will not say it.

You find nothing wrong with that nonsense.

Paul did a lot of boasting in others, and even in himself at how much he obeyed.

Danoh

That's the point. I don't say. :cool:

I don't believe the Lord wants anyone to toot their own horn. Their horn tooting is nothing more than a sour note in the Lord's ears. We are supposed to be giving HIM all the glory.

You're the only one I know who tells everyone how you obey everything....yet you don't even know what it takes to be saved. You advertise your ignorance like none I have ever seen.

And yet you were recently singing Donald Trump's praises to high heaven concerning that video where he - the loudest loud mouthed braggert in the U.S. - was boasting "I am a GREAT Christian" (over emphasis on the word great was his).

You so called "grace" MADs and Trumpers; how ever blind you are to your double-standard :chuckle:

Not to mention that anyone could just as easily conclude you were tooting your own horn in your above posts.

You might consider that.

God's Truth

And yet you were recently singing Donald Trump's praises to high heaven concerning that video where he - the loudest loud mouthed braggert in the U.S. - was boasting "I am a GREAT Christian" (over emphasis on the word great was his).

You so called "grace" MADs and Trumpers; how ever blind you are to your double-standard :chuckle:

Not to mention that anyone could just as easily conclude you were tooting your own horn in your above posts.

You might consider that.

Yeah, hypocritical, since Paul boasted. Why does she go against boasting? I thought she said she follows Paul?

God's Truth

"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy"
(Titus 3;4-5).​

Not because of the righteous acts of the law, such as circumcision.

Read the rest of the scriptures.

Not by external washings and animal sacrifices, but by the Holy Spirit, to those who repent.

Jerry Shugart

"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior" (Titus 3:4-6).​

Does anyone see the words "NOT by external washings and animal sacrifices"? I think that someone is just making things up out of thin air!

God's Truth

"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior" (Titus 3:4-6).​

Does anyone see the words "NOT by external washings and animal sacrifices"? I think that someone is just making things up out of thin air!

Did you not just quote the scripture that says by the washing of rebirth?

Do you not know the people used to have to do washings?

It was part of the ceremonial works of the old covenant.

God's Truth

Don't you know that the righteous acts the people used to have to do are circumcision, various external washings, and animal sacrifices?

glorydaz

Paul did a lot of boasting in others, and even in himself at how much he obeyed.

Paul boasted in others. There's not a thing wrong with praising or bragging on others. That's not what YOU do, though, is it?

He didn't boast in his own obedience, except for his obedience to the law when he was a pharisee. Paul explains about that kind of obedience in Romans 10. Actually, it's the same kind of obedience that you boast in. What a coincidence. :think:

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

glorydaz

You might consider that.

Don't hold such a grudge that you start leaping to conclusions like God's unTruth does. "Anyone" who would "easily conclude" I was boasting is fishing in some mighty murky water.

Trump has nothing to do with this subject, since I have never once claimed that Trump was a true believer. I support Trump because he is the best man for the job. It's a government job...not a pastor job.

He claims to believe....just like you do, but I certainly wouldn't vouch for either one of you.

glorydaz

Listen to the stretch and twist Jerry has to do to get around to trying to convince us of his false teachings.

It is pathetic and comical.

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

Well, YOUR faith in yourself most certainly is dead. It's alone.

Believers have believed IN Jesus Christ, and are justified by the FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST. We aren't justified by our own obedience (Thank the Lord). I know you like to take verses piecemeal, but you should really spend some time chewing over this one.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.​

Jerry Shugart

Did you not just quote the scripture that says by the washing of rebirth?

Do you not know the people used to have to do washings?

It was part of the ceremonial works of the old covenant.

Paul does not say that salvation was NOT by the washing of rebirth, as you imagine:

"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior"
(Titus 3:4-6).​

Can you understand what is written there yet? It doesn't say that salvation is NOT through the washing of rebirth but instead that it is!

Perhaps if you see the passage enough times you will finally understand what is being said.

But no matter how many times you will see it you will never believe it. Why?:

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God" (1 Cor.2:11-12).​

glorydaz

She has her very own version of the Bible.....just needs to get it printed up.