What is the meaning of grace!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That scripture is about a Jew, a Jew who accepted Christ, shared in the laying of the foundation with all the miracles and blessings---to then go back to being a Jew who rejects Christ.

Hmmmmm. Where does it say that that passage refers strictly to Jews? :duh:

God's Truth

Hmmmmm. Where does it say that that passage refers strictly to Jews? :duh:

Paul is speaking to the Hebrews, and he is speaking about sharing the blessings of the Holy Spirit. It is a time when God did many miracles to testify to the truth that the apostles were speaking.

If anyone shared in all of that and then left it for Judaism and rejecting Christ, then it would be impossible for them to repent and come back.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul is speaking to the Hebrews, and he is speaking about sharing the blessings of the Holy Spirit. It is a time when God did many miracles to testify to the truth that the apostles were speaking.

If anyone shared in all of that and then left it for Judaism and rejecting Christ, then it would be impossible for them to repent and come back.

You had better tell that to the millions of Arminians who use that passage as grounds for Conditional Security.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Forget about your labels. God tells us it is conditional.

Liar!!!

John 10:27-29 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 [a]My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

Ephesians 1:13 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,

God's Truth

Liar!!!

John 10:27-29 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 [a]My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

Ephesians 1:13 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Hebrews 10:31 30For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. 32Remember the early days that you were in the light, when you endured a great conflict in the face of suffering.

God's Truth

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.

1 Corinthians 15:2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Romans 11:22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

Galatians 3:4 Have you experienced so much in vain--if it really was in vain?

Romans 2:3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?

1 Corinthians 11:31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

1 Timothy 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

1 Corinthians 9:27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hebrews 10:31 30For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. 32Remember the early days that you were in the light, when you endured a great conflict in the face of suffering.

Hypocrite!!! Hopefully you read and heed the scriptures you post.

God's Truth

Hypocrite!!! Hopefully you read and heed the scriptures you post.

Staying saved---

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, Colossians 2:6

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:11-13

If you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. Colossians 1:23

2 Timothy 2:11-13 (If we disown him, he will also disown us.)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Staying saved---

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, Colossians 2:6

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:11-13

If you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. Colossians 1:23

2 Timothy 2:11-13 (If we disown him, he will also disown us.)

So you are telling me that you have lost your salvation. Sorry to hear that.

glorydaz

Forget about your labels. God tells us it is conditional.

Okay....she's gone off the deep end again. She's posting in every thread, and she has delusions of grandeur. We've seen this movie before. She is claiming salvation is NOT a gift from God. She is claiming there is no salvation by Grace. She is calling God a liar.

She goes about establishing her own "righteousness" and wants the rest of us to fall for her wicked lies.

Be warned.....God's UNtruth is not speaking Truth of any kind. :loser:

Jerry Shugart

They were ENEMIES because they did not obey and come into the covenant with God by getting circumcised in the flesh.

No, once again you make a HUGE BLUNDER! Here is why they were enemies:

"And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled"
(Col.1:21).​

According to your silly ideas even though there were many Gentiles who knew nothing about the Jews and the rite of circumcision they were enemies of God because they were not circumcised!

Before long you will pervert the whole Bible in a failed effort to try to prove that the gift of eternal life is not a gift at all!

God's Truth

Okay....she's gone off the deep end again. She's posting in every thread, and she has delusions of grandeur. We've seen this movie before. She is claiming salvation is NOT a gift from God. She is claiming there is no salvation by Grace. She is calling God a liar.

She goes about establishing her own "righteousness" and wants the rest of us to fall for her wicked lies.

Be warned.....God's UNtruth is not speaking Truth of any kind. :loser:

Everything you said is not truth.

God's Truth

No, once again you make a HUGE BLUNDER! Here is why they were enemies:

"And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled"
(Col.1:21).​

According to your silly ideas even though there were many Gentiles who knew nothing about the Jews and the rite of circumcision they were enemies of God because they were not circumcised!

Before long you will pervert the whole Bible in a failed effort to try to prove that the gift of eternal life is not a gift at all!

You cannot get rid of ANY scripture.

They sinned JUST LIKE THE JEWS DID---but the Jews had purification works to clean themselves---but the Gentiles did not do those things.

They were enemies in the UNcircumcision of their flesh.

That is scripture.

God's Truth

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins

God's Truth

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins

God did NOT make them get circumcised before He saved them.