What is the meaning of grace!

glorydaz

I am humble and say I obey. You call that wrong and think that you saying you do nothing is giving glory to God. You merely praising is also doing something. You do brag on yourself and in your defiance to His truth.

Okay, I can see you slipped back into your totally defensive mode.

Here's the difference (once again). You add "obey" onto believe so you add yourself to the cross.

God's Truth

Still don't understand the difference between law and grace, do you?

You really need to stop projecting your boasting onto me. I'm thankful, not because I'm told to be thankful, but because I have no choice but to be thankful. That's because I am now HIS workmanship and not my own. I can't claim I did anything....it was all done to me when I believed. When I was created IN CHRIST, I became a new creature. It comes naturally...all things are new.

So, you keep trying to obey and trusting in yourself to want to obey. It seems to be something you take great pride in.

Oh, and "keeping busy at home" comes with the territory. Like anyone else, if I don't do it, it won't get done. I sure won't claim that as obeying what I have been told to obey by God. That's like saying you obey by going to sleep at night. :chuckle:

What comes naturally? You won't tell.

I trust every word of God.

It is never ever shameful to obey God.

God says to keep busy at home, but you say you will not give give glory to God for you doing it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Psa 132:13 For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
Psa 132:14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

those are good verses.

But I still don't agree with how you use it.

You are Zionist, not Jesus' follower.

God's Truth

There is no such thing as unmerited grace.

God saves those whom He accepts, and He accepts those who believe and obey.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Jerry Shugart

What is the meaning of grace!

The Apostle Paul says that the believer is "justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21).

One of the meanings of the Greek word translated "freely" means "without just cause" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

The same word is used in the following verse in regard to the Jew's treatment of the Lord Jesus:

"They hated Me without a cause" (Jn.15:25).​

The believer is justified before God "without a cause." If "obedience" or "works" were required for salvation, then the Lord would indeed have a "cause" for justifying a sinner. But Paul makes it plain that the believer is justified "without cause." That is why Paul can say that the reward comes "to him that worketh not, but believeth" (Ro.4:5). The religions of the world teach that before a man can be "right" with God that he must be worthy by his "obedience" or "works." But the Scriptures declare that the sinner is "without strength": "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly" (Ro. 5: 6).

Since the sinner is without strength then he cannot save himself and therefore if he is going to be saved then salvation must come to him as a "free gift":

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Ro.6:23).​

Don't be fooled, folks. The only way to salvation is by believing the "gospel of grace."

If you think that a person must "obey" or do "works" in order to receive the LORD's free gift of eternal life then you are not believing the "gospel of grace," the gospel which saves the soul from eternal torment.

God's Truth

The Apostle Paul says that the believer is "justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21).

One of the meanings of the Greek word translated "freely" means "without just cause" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

The same word is used in the following verse in regard to the Jew's treatment of the Lord Jesus:

"They hated Me without a cause" (Jn.15:25).​

The believer is justified before God "without a cause." If "obedience" or "works" were required for salvation, then the Lord would indeed have a "cause" for justifying a sinner. But Paul makes it plain that the believer is justified "without cause." That is why Paul can say that the reward comes "to him that worketh not, but believeth" (Ro.4:5). The religions of the world teach that before a man can be "right" with God that he must be worthy by his "obedience" or "works." But the Scriptures declare that the sinner is "without strength": "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly" (Ro. 5: 6).

Since the sinner is without strength then he cannot save himself and therefore if he is going to be saved then salvation must come to him as a "free gift":

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Ro.6:23).​

Don't be fooled, folks. The only way to salvation is by believing the "gospel of grace."

If you think that a person must "obey" or do "works" in order to receive the LORD's free gift of eternal life then you are not believing the "gospel of grace," the gospel which saves the soul from eternal torment.

Listen to the stretch and twist Jerry has to do to get around to trying to convince us of his false teachings.

It is pathetic and comical.

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

God's Truth

God gives grace to

There is no such thing as unmerited grace.

God saves those whom He accepts, and He accepts those who believe and obey.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Jerry Shugart

Some people think that Paul and those with him were in error when they answered this question like they did:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

These grace deniers insist that Paul made an error because he left out the obeying part. They actually think that they know more than Paul about what it takes to be saved.

Then they quote verses which they do not even understand in a failed attempt to try to prove that Paul is wrong.