What is the meaning of grace!

God's Truth

Some people think that Paul and those with him were in error when they answered this question like they did:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

These grace deniers insist that Paul made an error because he left out the obeying part. They actually think that they know more than Paul about what it takes to be saved.

Then they quote verses which they do not even understand in a failed attempt to try to prove that Paul is wrong.

Paul never told anyone that dead faith saves.

Paul never told anyone they do not have to obey.

He said repent and prove your repentance with your deeds.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

glorydaz

God says to keep busy at home, but you say you will not give give glory to God for you doing it.

You just lied about me. Shame on you.

I did not say I will not give glory to God for my "keeping busy at home". I said, I will not claim that as obeying God. I refuse to make any claims concerning what I do....I refuse to boast about my own doings. Those I do for my own well being and out of necessity are selfish doings, and those my right hand does, my left knows nothing of.

Mathew 6:1-4KJV Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.​

Otherwise, I'd be tempted to boast (as you do). You talk constantly of your own obedience. That's excluded by the law of faith. In fact, I can't think of another person on this forum who does what you do.

Isaiah 10:15 Shall the axe boast itself against him that heweth therewith? or shall the saw magnify itself against him that shaketh it? as if the rod should shake itself against them that lift it up, or as if the staff should lift up itself, as if it were no wood.​

glorydaz

That means the chosen do not have to clean themselves.

Clearly you haven't read the chapter. Gentiles have never been able to "clean themselves" as you keep insisting the Jews could do. :nono:

Try actually reading the entire chapter before you regurgitate the same old tired refrain. Pay special attention to this text. In fact, try reading it three of four times and then read it again.

Eph. 2:11-13KJV Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.​

glorydaz

Claiming you do NOT obey God is NOT giving Him glory!

You can twist what I say better than any liberal out there. I did not say I don't obey God. I have never said I don't give God the glory for anything. I simply refuse to boast and brag the way you do about anything I do or don't do. It is not about ME.

If you keep this up, I'll have to give up on you again. Any attempt to discuss something with you ends up the same way. You lie about what I say and twist it to fit your own unrighteous agenda.....of claiming your obeying is necessary for your salvation. :dunce:

God's Truth

You can twist what I say better than any liberal out there. I did not say I don't obey God. I have never said I don't give God the glory for anything. I simply refuse to boast and brag the way you do about anything I do or don't do. It is not about ME.

If you keep this up, I'll have to give up on you again. Any attempt to discuss something with you ends up the same way. You lie about what I say and twist it to fit your own unrighteous agenda.....of claiming your obeying is necessary for your salvation. :dunce:

You are the one who says you will not say you obey and then you say you do not say you don't obey.

HAAAHAHAHAA

God's Truth

Clearly you haven't read the chapter. Gentiles have never been able to "clean themselves" as you keep insisting the Jews could do. :nono:

Try actually reading the entire chapter before you regurgitate the same old tired refrain. Pay special attention to this text. In fact, try reading it three of four times and then read it again.

Eph. 2:11-13KJV Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.​

The Gentiles were WITHOUT God BECAUSE they did not clean themselves. See Ephesians 2:12.

glorydaz

You are the one who says you will not say you obey and then you say you do not say you don't obey.

HAAAHAHAHAA

That's the point. I don't say. :cool:

I don't believe the Lord wants anyone to toot their own horn. Their horn tooting is nothing more than a sour note in the Lord's ears. We are supposed to be giving HIM all the glory.

You're the only one I know who tells everyone how you obey everything....yet you don't even know what it takes to be saved. You advertise your ignorance like none I have ever seen.

glorydaz

The Gentiles were WITHOUT God BECAUSE they did not clean themselves. See Ephesians 2:12.

They received the FREE GIFT....and did nothing themselves. They were saved by GRACE through FAITH. Obey is not in that verse. They did NOTHING to earn that Gift. It was free and unmerited.

Romans 5:19KJV - You have been told this so many times by so many people, and still you refuse to address it. THE OBEDIENCE OF ONE, and YOU are NOT that ONE. I am not that one. The Lord Jesus Christ is the ONE and His obedience unto death paid for the FREE GIFT we are given when we believe. It's why Romans says we "believe unto righteousness"....not, we "obey unto righteousness. Romans 10:10KJV Romans 10:11KJV Romans 10:13KJV