What is the Gospel?

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

You can't talk all nicey nice and call that love.

You are simply a PRETENDER, trying to claim your man made "love" is what God is talking about.

I, by your words, The Pretending, Unbelieving, Mangy Mutt, that is Deceptive, am also a fake and unloving...

Could you please put that on the bronze plaque of your painting for me? If you could please remember the happy trees too.

Thanks Bob Ross... I am built up and see clearly.

Right Divider

Body part
He:

is - and was - and is to come - Whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting - Forever and ever - The Ancient of Days - From before the ages of the ages - From ancient times - the everlasting God - He continues forever - From of old - Remains forever - Immortal - The Lord shall endure forever - Who lives forever - yesterday, today, and forever - God’s years - manifest in His own time - Everlasting Father - Alive forevermore - Always lives - Forever - Continually - God’s years never end - From everlasting to everlasting - From that time forward, even forever - And of His kingdom there will be no end.

All of those are verbatim quotes from scripture.
Yes, they are. And they are all related to His interaction with His creation.

God does things in sequence.
In His creation, He sure does.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

You're the one who started it, fool, and you carried on.

Now that I point out what YOU HAVE DONE you want to blame me?

You're just a joke that keeps on giving, aren't ya? :chuckle:

Ad fool to my plaque and a few chuckle faces... I Love those. Oh! And put a jesters hat on me as a mangy wolf to show that I’m a joke!

This goes above my fire place!

You're the best!

glorydaz

I, by your words, The Pretending, Unbelieving, Mangy Mutt, that is Deceptive, am also a fake and unloving...

Could you please put that on the bronze plaque of your painting for me? If you could please remember the happy trees too.

Thanks Bob Ross... I am built up and see clearly.

Whining for the audience is an old old tactic. You've built yourself up, and there is nowhere left for you to go but to the very bottom. You aren't even close yet.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Whining for the audience is an old old tactic. You've built yourself up, and there is nowhere left for you to go but to the very bottom. You aren't even close yet.

Oh yes! Whining! Add big goofy tears to my painting! Make sure I’m making a real pathetic whiner face to enhance the Whiney look!

You’re the best!

This painting of me is getting better by the moment!

I think Leonardo D. Is in trouble!

Right Divider

Body part
Or ...... Ancient of days means has existed more days than any other.
Father of all.
Eldest of all.
We don't have to accept that your interpretation is the only option that can exist for the verse.
There are other options.
I never said that my interpretation was the only option that can exist for that verse, but apart from the Ancient of days, was not everything else there symbolic? Why do you think that Ancient of days is not symbolic when the rest is?

• the Ancient of days did sit
  • whose garment [was] white as snow
  • and the hair of his head like the pure wool
  • his throne [was like] the fiery flame
  • [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.
It seems like those are all symbolic to me. Can you give some reason why one of five is not symbolic?

Older... like infinity older... like timeless (apart from the Creation).

I realize we have kinda gone off topic from the thread title.
I wouldn't mind having a separate thread about anthropomorphism, because I believe folks take that notion to an extreme that it should have not gone to.
How does that sound, are you up for it?
Others may want to discuss it further also.
And we can throw in some of the "time" stuff there too.
Sure, go ahead.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Oh yes! Whining! Add big goofy tears to my painting! Make sure I’m making a real pathetic whiner face to enhance the Whiney look!

You’re the best!

This painting of me is getting better by the moment!

I think Leonardo D. Is in trouble!

You are so witty:)

glorydaz

I realize we have kinda gone off topic from the thread title.

Yeah, this thread is all about the Evil One.

I wouldn't mind having a separate thread about anthropomorphism, because I believe folks take that notion to an extreme that it should have not gone to.
How does that sound, are you up for it?
Others may want to discuss it further also.
And we can throw in some of the "time" stuff there too.

Start one, Tam, I'd like to the consider the idea that time is cyclical, and God is in the Center....always present in time. Like a clock...around and around without end.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Since it's MY doctrine being discussed here, I am forced to proclaim the winner.

The two FALSE ACCUSERS (Evil and Sonnet) are wrong, and the Truth Teller (Clete) is correct.

Thank you, Clete, for standing up to these two nincompoops. :thumb:

I've gotta say that this is the weirdest disagreement I've ever seen.

I say the same things you say but my doctrine is fine and yours somehow isn't. Not only that but what you and I both say are the same as what they say on this topic.

Everyone agrees and yet you're the bag guy and I get attacked for not having established that!

I've just never seen anything like it before. If I wasn't used to people being a little crazy on TOL, I'd think I was having a stroke or something.

Clete